Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2004 11:57:26 AM EDT
According to their new policy, even mentioning that you own firearms to anyone is considered an implicit threat and you can get fired for it?

Gotta love this country,

What will get you fired next?
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 11:58:45 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
According to their new policy, even mentioning that you own firearms to anyone is considered an implicit threat and you can get fired for it?

Gotta love this country,

What will get you fired next?

Cool.  I don't use them for frieght service.  Now I know to keep this policy.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 11:58:26 AM EDT
[#2]
I consider it more of a threat when they break our expensive inventory in their trucks.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 12:00:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Link, please?

My grandfather, a dyed-in-the-wool teamster (and first-class gun nut), drove for Roadway for 30 years. This'll make his blood boil.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 12:04:02 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I consider it more of a threat when they break our expensive inventory in their trucks.

+1
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 12:06:59 PM EDT
[#5]
My wifes boy works for Roadway. I'll ask him if he's heard about this.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 12:09:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Here's a listing of the corporate officers...

www.yellowroadway.com/index.html

Let'm have it.  
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 12:11:35 PM EDT
[#7]
It is a new policy that was sent out today at 11:36 am.

I can forward the e-mail to anyone that would like to see it.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 12:13:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Head of HR for MeridianIQ, (Subsidiary of Yellow-Roadway) and her number.

This is a cut and paste of the e-mail with the attachment.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, August 30, 2004 10:33 AM
To: MeridianIQ_ALL; Andy Martin ([email protected])
Subject: Workplace threats violence policy Aug 2004.doc

In reviewing our the Meridian IQ policies, we realized that we didn't have a policy that focused on this important issue.  This policy is adapted from Yellow-Roadway Corporation.  Please contact Human Resources with any questions.

Kris Tilson
Vice President, Human Resources
(913) 906-6868
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 12:15:04 PM EDT
[#9]
I drive for Service Transport.Ship with us,we'll still tear up your freight,but at least you'll know we like firearms.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 12:40:55 PM EDT
[#10]
I work about 200 yards from their main corporate office out here in Overland Park, KS.  I'm going to go piss on their lawn after work.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 12:46:08 PM EDT
[#11]
BTW, pass this along to as many poeple and boards as you wish
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 1:38:26 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I work about 200 yards from their main corporate office out here in Overland Park, KS.  I'm going to go piss on their lawn after work.

That'll show 'em.  Those fuckers....
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 1:42:38 PM EDT
[#13]
I'd love to get a copy of that email attachment, with the policy spelled out.

If it's true, they just lost another customer (one who also doesn't like the fact that they damage my freight frequently).

Link Posted: 8/30/2004 1:44:47 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
This is a cut and paste of the e-mail with the attachment.

Any way you could cut & paste the offending text from the attached Word document?

Link Posted: 8/30/2004 1:57:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Cut and paste, bold is mine, ot in the original

WORKPLACE THREATS
AND VIOLENCE POLICY

PURPOSE
Nothing is more important to Meridian IQ than the safety and security of its employees.  Meridian IQ has implemented the following policy in furtherance of its commitment to providing a safe work environment.
POLICY
Prohibited Conduct
Threats of violence, words or deeds that contain a threat of violence or violent acts by an employee toward a co-worker, customers or the public will not be tolerated.  Threats include, but are not limited to, threats made in person, via the telephone, facsimile, electronic or conventional mail or any other communication means, including gestures.  Both explicit and implicit threats are prohibited by this policy.
Examples of implicit threats:

a. During conversation at work one employee comments, “I have a lot of guns at home.”b. After being counseled on performance, an employee says, “Sometimes I just want to blow everyone away.”
Reportable Conduct
This policy applies to prohibited conduct that occurs on Company property or off Company property when the prohibited conduct is directed at Meridian IQ employees conducting Company business, customers or the public.  Such conduct should be reported as described below.
Consequences of Violating this Policy
Any person who engages in prohibited conduct on Company property may be removed from Company property pending the outcome of an investigation. Violations of this policy will lead to disciplinary action up to and including termination and may be reported to appropriate law enforcement authorities.  Violation of this policy may also result in an unpaid disciplinary suspension.  

Responsibility to Report Violations of this Policy
All employees are responsible for reporting any violations of this policy which they have witnessed or have been told that another person has witnessed or received.  Reports will be investigated and kept as confidential as possible.  Employees should report violations of this policy to:
- their immediate supervisor, or another member of management
- the Yellow Transportation Area Security Investigator
- their Human Resource Manager / Representative
- the Security Hotline, 1-800-345-1692
Responsibility to Report Application for Restraining / Protective Orders
Employees who apply for and/or obtain a protective or restraining order which lists a Company location as a protected area must provide the Company’s Security Department with a copy of the order, any declarations used to obtain the order and a copy of any temporary or permanent protective/restraining order which is granted.  Such information will be kept confidential to the extent possible.

Link Posted: 8/30/2004 4:02:50 PM EDT
[#16]
I deal with Yellow almost daily i cant wait until their driver "whom i know well " comes bask, he is a full fledged TN country boy, first thing a i'm going to say is" YOU OWN ANY GUNS"[ lol]
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 4:15:47 PM EDT
[#17]
HR policies are just there to give them a paper trail to fall back on if they need to fire someone. There's a big difference between saying "hey, I bought a new AR this weekend" and "You know I have a lot of guns at home, right, fucker?"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top