Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/30/2004 5:23:40 AM EDT
"Love is a deadly poison injected by black vipers, that crawl from the caves of Hell. The
poison seems fresh as dew and the thirsty soul eagerly drinks it; but after the first intoxication
the drinker sickens and dies a slow death." Kahlil Gibran, Thoughts and Meditations

Link Posted: 8/30/2004 5:24:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Cheery
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 5:26:33 AM EDT
[#2]
you been talking to necromancer?
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 5:28:44 AM EDT
[#3]
I'd comment ...  but how do we know it's you?
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 5:32:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Do I sense a little bitterness, perhaps related to a certain someone's recent divorce?
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 5:32:48 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I'd comment ...  but how do we know it's you?

I would think the new sig alone would be proof enough.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 5:34:00 AM EDT
[#6]
What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 5:35:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 5:38:15 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Do I sense a little bitterness, perhaps related to a certain someone's recent divorce?

Soon to be, & while it was a bitter pill to swallow, I am doing remarkably well.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 5:39:58 AM EDT
[#9]
So just to clear everything up...

Was that you?
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 5:40:25 AM EDT
[#10]
The comma after vipers is not necessary.
-Grammarcop
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 5:42:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 5:46:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Sounds pretty bitter to me.

After what I heve read, there is no doubt your soon to be ex screwed you over.

But there are good women out there. You just need to go find one. And don't settle for lesser woman.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 5:48:59 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Was that you?

Yes it was. The powers that be helped me get back into my old account.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=268647
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 6:11:25 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Was that you?

Yes it was. The powers that be helped me get back into my old account.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=268647

Sorry I doubted you.  Welcome back to your avatar.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 6:21:58 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
you been talking to necromancer?

LOL
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 6:23:07 AM EDT
[#16]
As a Searcher for Truth, you should know that isn't it.  Look up 1 Corinthians 13:1-13
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 6:29:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Don't let life make you bitter.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 6:45:54 AM EDT
[#18]
SFT, you are becoming a disappointment.

As a proclaimed Christian you are sure taking the wrong road in quite a few matters lately.

I think your new sig line sucks, I think it's a hinderance to younger men who still desire to be married and I KNOW it's simply not true. God is love.

Your problems with your choice of a wife do not change who God is.

I ask you to reconsider this bad choice.

More prayers sent.

Deut 30:19-20
19 This day I call heaven and earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live 20 and that you may love the LORD your God, listen to his voice, and hold fast to him. For the LORD is your life, and he will give you many years in the land he swore to give to your fathers, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.
NIV
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 6:55:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Can I get a bumper sitcker with that quote, maybe a group buy??  It pretty much summed up my personal views and experience in the past few years....

SFT, have followed your threads, I can relate to your recent troubles , unfortunately ( minus a child involved ).  It sucks, just keep your head up.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 9:44:07 AM EDT
[#20]
+1 for bvmjethead and another reason why he's on my short list of the most respectable ARFCOM members.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 9:50:31 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Soon to be, & while it was a bitter pill to swallow, I am doing remarkably well.

Glad to hear you are doing better----keep the chin up and all will be well in time.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 10:00:11 AM EDT
[#22]
Dont get all eaten up with bitterness and anger. You have to many things to look forward to after this is all finished.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 10:05:14 AM EDT
[#23]
Reason #82 why I don't date....
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 10:09:01 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 10:18:42 AM EDT
[#25]
Remember to push the barrel all the way back into your mouth. Don't screw up and make a mess of things.

Seriously, this will all pass, eventually.  don't let one person ruin your whole life.  There's other fish in the sea.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 10:25:08 AM EDT
[#26]

Sorry to hear that you feel that way.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 12:18:05 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
SFT, you are becoming a disappointment.

As a proclaimed Christian you are sure taking the wrong road in quite a few matters lately.

I think your new sig line sucks, I think it's a hinderance to younger men who still desire to be married and I KNOW it's simply not true. God is love.

Your problems with your choice of a wife do not change who God is.

I ask you to reconsider this bad choice.

More prayers sent.

Deut 30:19-20
19 This day I call heaven and earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live 20 and that you may love the LORD your God, listen to his voice, and hold fast to him. For the LORD is your life, and he will give you many years in the land he swore to give to your fathers, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.
NIV

Sorry to disapoint you, but I am only a man. I'm not bitter in the least, I just feel this expresses the new insite I have into the betrayal of my wife, & LOVE of 14+ yrs. How she calmed my distrust of the last few months with love, kindness & reasurance, then left like a thief in the night, to run to the arms of an internet Romeo.

I of course choose life & blessings. Who wouldn't? I see every day more, & more Gods grace, & mercy in my care. Just think if she hsd stuck with her original plan & left me while I was in Alaska. I would have been 3,000 miles away for 2 weeks, & there would be no way for me to recoop my son, or get any of my affairs in order. That is a blessing in it's self..

I am doing my best to hold her no grudge or malice, but I can't help feeling hurt by her betrayl. Capice?

Like I said, I'm not bitter, believe me or not. I'm going fishing for 2 weeks, life is very good, & God is great. He has ordered my footsteps, & I won't complain or feel sorry for myself. I have to many other blessings to get depessed over her. God is my rear gaurd, & he goes out before me in battle. Of whom shall I fear?

As for her, well,...she'll soon be eating the fruit of her evil ways. I can't say more, but life is about to get very brutal for her. Please pray for her physical & emotional well being as I do. I wish her no harm. Just that she will recieve her just, & fair harvest, for the seeds she has sown. I need do nothing to harm her, she has done that to her self.

Tootaloo!
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 5:09:23 PM EDT
[#28]
That doesn't change the fact that your sig line promotes a lie.  Permit me to override your sig line with what you already know to be the truth (since you are the Searcher):

1 Cor 13:4-7
4 Love is patient, love is kind.  It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.  5 It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.  6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.  7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

I don't see how that's compatible with "Love is a deadly poison injected by black vipers, that crawl from the caves of Hell. The poison seems fresh as dew and the thirsty soul eagerly drinks it, but after the first intoxication the drinker sickens and dies a slow death."

I think one negates the other.  Which do you think it is?
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 5:32:30 PM EDT
[#29]
There,...ya happy?
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 5:39:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Damn bump fires
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 5:40:07 PM EDT
[#31]
1)Get thee to Alaska
2)Find the stocks of hallowed Amber Ale
3)Drink from it's bounty
4)Be Merry

repeat steps 3 and 4 as needed.

PS  Maybe you can find some Eskimo Pies!
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 5:41:52 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Reason #82 why I don't date....

Dude - that's reason not to get married, but NO reason not to date.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 6:02:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Happy dance! Happy happy joy joy!
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 6:05:42 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
There,...ya happy?

Almost.  Now go follow Phill_in_Seattle's advice.  That will make me you happy!  
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 6:26:30 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:
There,...ya happy?

I just got served an Alaskan Amber!Cheers!
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 6:28:00 PM EDT
[#36]
If it works for you, it works for me.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 7:26:27 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
There,...ya happy?

I just got served an Alaskan Amber!Cheers!

Now I'm happy!  Well for you, anyway.  Awwww, I need one now!  Off I go to the fridge for a Shiner Bock . . .

Now don't come back without a

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top