Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2004 5:07:59 AM EDT
Except for a few, like Wayne Stayskal and Cox & Forkum, many political cartoonists have their heads up their asses. Look at a few examples found on Slate regarding the SBVFT ads (linked so's to prevent copyright infringement):

cagle.slate.msn.com/news/KerrySwiftBoat/images/keefe.gif

cagle.slate.msn.com/news/KerrySwiftBoat/images/britt.gif

cagle.slate.msn.com/news/KerrySwiftBoat/images/sherffius21.gif

cagle.slate.msn.com/news/KerrySwiftBoat/images/babin.gif

cagle.slate.msn.com/news/KerrySwiftBoat/images/morin.gif

cagle.slate.msn.com/news/KerrySwiftBoat/images/nick111.jpg

cagle.slate.msn.com/news/KerrySwiftBoat/images/schorr.gif

Et cetera, et cetera, ad nauseum. Okay, so a group of people, many of whom served with Kerry, are bringing up valid criticisms of his character? Sure, it was years ago, but who decided to base his campaign on his service in Vietnam? And so, who opened himself up to having his war record brought up? Who did stupid shit like injuring himself for a purple heart in the first place? Everybody knows that John Kerry is the most wonderful man alive! Why, he exposed our troops for the bloodthirsty traitors they are (note, sarcasm based on liberal viewpoint, not the viewpoint of the author of this message)! It has to be Bush who's behind this! It couldn't be that the people who served with him genuinely think that he is bad for this country!

Schmucks.

[repaired board code on the last two links - Paul]
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 5:29:40 AM EDT
[#1]
As you note, though, Cox & Forkum get it right:

Link Posted: 8/30/2004 5:41:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Political cartoonists are usually on the editorial page. Since most newspaper editors are liberal, esp. on that page, who's surprised then when an anti-Bush cartoon shows up? Political cartooning is usually pretty simplistic, which fits right in with the message...
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 5:57:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 6:28:13 AM EDT
[#4]
I love Cox and Forkum
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 6:59:38 AM EDT
[#5]
There's about half a dozen political cartoonists that I generally like.  My favorite is the only good thing about the LA Times:  Mike Ramirez.

Like this one:

Or this one:

Frankly, I'm amazed that he's got a job at the LA Times.  He's got to be the token conservative reasoning being there.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 7:22:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Most are liberals, but they do get it right sometimes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top