Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/30/2004 5:05:05 AM EDT

Dear Captain,
I'm a Democrat. I went to my first political convention in 1972 as a Scoop Jackson Democrat - pro defense.  Twelve years ago, I left my home in the mountains of North Georgia on a trip to New York.  That trip culminated with a keynote address to the National Convention of a political party.  But despite my Georgia roots, and despite my conservative beliefs, it was not the Republican National Convention, it was the Democrats.

In just two days, I will speak again in New York, but this time the party is the Republicans, and this time the candidate is George W. Bush.  While much has changed in the last 12 years, my Party has not.  I'm still a Democrat, and I support the President .

Then he asked me for money.....for George W.

Gotta love that guy. Too bad we have McCain.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 5:10:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 6:52:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Never thought I'd receive an email from a Dem Senator asking me to help the GOP.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 6:53:21 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Dear Captain,
I'm a Democrat. I went to my first political convention in 1972 as a Scoop Jackson Democrat - pro defense.  Twelve years ago, I left my home in the mountains of North Georgia on a trip to New York.  That trip culminated with a keynote address to the National Convention of a political party.  But despite my Georgia roots, and despite my conservative beliefs, it was not the Republican National Convention, it was the Democrats.

In just two days, I will speak again in New York, but this time the party is the Republicans, and this time the candidate is George W. Bush.  While much has changed in the last 12 years, my Party has not.  I'm still a Democrat, and I support the President .

Then he asked me for money.....for George W.

Gotta love that guy. Too bad we have McCain.

Got the same email. It was a good read.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 6:54:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Miller was the best governer we ever had.  From school teacher to senator, not too bad at all.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 6:56:55 AM EDT
[#5]
That is one democrat I would vote for.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top