Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/29/2004 8:09:41 PM EDT
So are all "assault weapons" manufactured before Sep 13 1994 grandfathered in? I have done alot of searches and i cant really find and specifics other than the date that the bill was made into law.

I guess my question was not clear enough.

Are all weapons manufactured BEFORE Sept 13 1994 considered to be PRE BAN according to the current AWB. Or is everything manufactured in 1994 considered post ban?
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 8:31:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 8:33:24 PM EDT
[#2]
10 years late?

wake up man.
in 2 weeks it wont matter.

Link Posted: 8/29/2004 8:34:27 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
So are all "assault weapons" manufactured before Sep 13 1994 grandfathered in? I have done alot of searches and i cant really find and specifics other than the date that the bill was made into law.

you're kidding right??
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 8:40:09 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

you're kidding right??

Yeah maybe I don't get the question but if it is what you wrote,

your guns have to be turned in.
After the ban sunsets all pre-ban weapons will become illegal.

But youll get to go back out and buy new guns with all the evil features.

Link Posted: 8/29/2004 8:40:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 8:42:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Is it Monday yet?
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 8:42:48 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

you're kidding right??

yup, thats the deal... thats why we have been talking about it so much lately..

most of us have to send in our rifles to our local or state police..

in your case, you need to send your rifles and pistols to an address in ILLINOIS for disposal.

IM me for further details.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 8:43:13 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
10 years late?

wake up man.

13 days............

Link Posted: 8/29/2004 8:43:47 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

you're kidding right??

your kidding too right???
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 8:43:58 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Como?
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 8:45:46 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
10 years late?

wake up man.

13 days............

13 day until we can buy new weapons.

He still needs to look into that ILLINOIS address before he gets his dog shot by a swat team for not complying with the AWB sunset.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 8:46:05 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

you're kidding right??

your kidding too right???

You didn't hear this? People have made about 7 threads on it. You gotta be shittn me.
Some bullshit wrote into it. Some one made a comment about altering your preban rifles for they are legal however. I think he was in IL
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 8:47:30 PM EDT
[#13]
allright is this the fucking twilight zone or someshit or just a thread
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 9:28:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Jesus fucking christ. I am not a goddamn troll nor some ATF bitch. I simply asked a fucking question.

What is the date that rifles are considered pre ban according to the EXISTING AWB. I can only find the signing date of the stupid ass AWB which is sept 13 1994. For some reason i cant open any of the PDFs on the ATF site so i dont know if all the guns made in 1994+ are post ban. Or if the guns made before SEP 13 1994 are all pre ban.  

I apologize to all those my apparently stupid ass question offended.

The AWB expiring will not affect me because i live in NY where a permanent ban is in effect.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 9:32:15 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Jesus fucking christ. I am not a goddamn troll nor some ATF bitch. I simply asked a fucking question.

What is the date that rifles are considered pre ban according to the EXISTING AWB. I can only find the signing date of the stupid ass AWB which is sept 13 1994. For some reason i cant open any of the PDFs on the ATF site so i dont know if all the guns made in 1994+ are post ban. Or if the guns made before SEP 13 1994 are all pre ban.  

The AWB expiring will not affect me because i live in NY where a permanent ban is in effect.

Sept 13-14 1994.

if you had a reciever completed before then its grandfatherd.
some say if it is stripped its ok...some say the opposite..

as said before in 13 days it will mean squat.

SEPTEMBER 13 happens on a SUNDAY.
look forward to reading about what is legal.......there will still be a lot of confusion amongst folk about what is go and no go.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 9:35:11 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sept 13-14 1994.

if you had a reciever completed before then its grandfatherd.
some say if it is stripped its ok...some say the opposite..

as said before in 13 days it will mean squat.

SEPTEMBER 13 happens on a SUNDAY.
look forward to reading about what is legal.......there will still be a lot of confusion amongst folk about what is go and no go.

Thank you for the info Triumph thats what i was guessing. But the only place i could find a firm date was the Brady bill website and i didnt want to go off of what they had posted.

I am stuck with the AWB because NY passed a a word for word copy of the Federal AWB except it doesnt sunset. So i have to buy a pre ban if i want to have a telestock etc..
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 12:07:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 12:13:10 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I guess my question was not clear enough.

Are all weapons manufactured BEFORE Sept 13 1994 considered to be PRE BAN according to the current AWB. Or is everything manufactured in 1994 considered post ban?

Actually, for him it will matter, he lives in 'NEW YOK'

This is an issue better posed on the NY/NJ hometown forum...

And the answer is anything before 9/13/94 is 'pre-ban' as far as complete guns go - NY (IIRC) adopted the fed ban verbatim, w/o the sunset clause...

I don't know how NY handles pre-9/13/04 lowers - they may or may not be considered pre-ban under NEW YORK law after the fed ban expires...

See the NY/NJ hometown forum for a full answer...
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 12:19:46 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Como?

This is what I was thinking, but you spelled it wrong ??

Coma ??  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top