Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2004 7:05:11 PM EDT
Laguna Niguel Crash Kills 1, Injures 4
 By Joel Rubin, Times Staff Writer

A 14-year-old Mission Viejo girl was killed and four other people were seriously injured early Saturday when their car crashed in Laguna Niguel.

James Dean Ericsson, 18 , lost control of the Acura on Niguel Road shortly before 7 a.m. The car struck the curb, careened across the road and uprooted a small tree, coming to rest on its side, said Lt. Larry Abbott of the Orange County Sheriff's Department.    

Tire marks and other evidence indicated that speeding was likely a factor in the crash, Abbott said. He said that investigators found an empty liquor flask and signs of marijuana use in the car.

Blood samples for toxicology tests were drawn from Ericsson, of La Quinta, shortly after the accident.

Emergency crews first pulled four people out of the car: Ericsson; Justin McNally, 20, of Laguna Niguel; Matt Rogers, 20, of San Juan Capistrano; and a 14-year-old Aliso Viejo girl. On a second check of the wreckage, they discovered the fatally injured girl.

All five were taken to Mission Hospital Regional Medical Center in Mission Viejo, where the girl died shortly before 9:30 a.m. with her parents at her bedside, Abbott said.

Ericsson was in critical condition Saturday afternoon and the other two men were in fair condition, according to a Mission Hospital spokeswoman.

Citing their ages, Abbott declined to release the names of the two girls.

Girl lived in the same city as me. If the driver's blood test comes back positive for drugs or alcohol i hope they lock him up for a very long time.  BTW; WTF are 18 & 20 year old guys doing driving home from a party around 6AM with 14yo Girls!?
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 7:06:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 7:08:52 PM EDT
[#2]
thats a real shame.

i hope they took him out back and beat the shit out of him.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 7:14:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Personally, I would fear the drunk driver more than I would fear an assualt weapon. There are many more people killed and injured by drunk drivers than all of the shootings, but unfortunately, our politocos can make a bigger splash dealing with assualt weapons. One of our own posters here on this board had his fiancee and child killed by a drunk driver.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 1:43:19 PM EDT
[#4]
ORANGE COUNTY

Girl Killed in Laguna Niguel Crash Identified  

From a Times Staff Writer

A 14-year-old Mission Viejo girl who died in a car accident was identified by the Orange County coroner Sunday as Breanna Moore.

She and three others were passengers in a car driven Saturday morning by James Dean Ericsson, 18, said Orange County Sheriff's Lt. Hans Strand.    

Ericsson, who was speeding, hit a curb, careened across the road and knocked over a small tree, Strand said. The car was found at Niguel Road and Marina Hills Drive in Laguna Niguel.

Ericsson was removed from the car with the Jaws of Life, and is in critical condition at Mission Hospital Regional Medical Center in Mission Viejo.

Investigators found an empty liquor flask and signs of marijuana use in the car.

The others also were taken to Mission Hospital.

Justin McNally of Laguna Niguel and Matt Rogers of San Juan Capistrano, both 20, were in fair condition. A 14-year-old Aliso Viejo girl was in stable condition at Children's Hospital of Orange County's facility at Mission Hospital.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 1:45:33 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
BTW; WTF are 18 & 20 year old guys doing driving home from a party around 6AM with 14yo Girls!?

That's an excellent question for the parents of the dead girl!!!

Link Posted: 8/30/2004 1:46:20 PM EDT
[#6]
get a rope!
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 1:56:27 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
BTW; WTF are 18 & 20 year old guys doing driving home from a party around 6AM with 14yo Girls!?

They said on the news today that the girls had snuck out.  

When the driver recovers he should be charged with vehicular manslaughter, child endangerment x2, contribute to the deliquency of minor x2, exibition of speed, and DUI. At least.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 2:00:23 PM EDT
[#8]
I propose a ban on cars, alcohol, weed, 18 & 20 year old boys, 14 year old girls and sneaking out!

That will solve this problem
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 2:07:27 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

When the driver recovers he should be charged with vehicular manslaughter, child endangerment x2, contribute to the deliquency of minor x2, exibition of speed, and DUI. At least.

Killed.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 2:21:25 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Killed.

Yep.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 3:54:26 PM EDT
[#11]
drunk drivers should be hammered for their crime, and when they cause a death they should be killed
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 4:02:21 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
drunk drivers should be hammered for their crime, and when they cause a death they should be killed

+1

If you cause an accident that results in the death of another person(s) while at or over the legal limit you should die.  There is NO resaon for ANYONE to operate a motor vehicle under the influence.  It might be inconvenient to spend the night on a friends couch, bum a ride home of shell out for a taxi, but so fucking what?

Too many people get off too lightly for this shit.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 4:11:49 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I agree that drunk drivers should be dealt with harshly. Most of the time they seem to get punished very lightly.

However, I also think people need to think about the possible consequences before they voluntarily become a passenger in a vehicle operated by a person that has been drinking, or drugging.

Of course the worst are the parents who put their own children in a vehicle, the kids don't have any choice, after drinking or drugging.  
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 4:12:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Speaking from personal experience....I FUCKING HATE GOD DAMN DRUNK DRIVERS!!!   THOSE SORRY SOBs RUIN LIVES AND DESTROY FAMILIES!!! No jail sentence can replace the pain i feel everyday i wake up. God that burns me up.... I need to go shoot something.

J
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 4:17:40 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree that drunk drivers should be dealt with harshly. Most of the time they seem to get punished very lightly.

However, I also think people need to think about the possible consequences before they voluntarily become a passenger in a vehicle operated by a person that has been drinking, or drugging.

Of course the worst are the parents who put their own children in a vehicle, the kids don't have any choice, after drinking or drugging.  

14 yr. old girls that sneek out are too stupid to know the consequences.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top