Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/29/2004 6:30:18 PM EDT
Very revealing about how this guy thinks, and explains his constant flip-flopping.  He thinks he can please both sides of an issue without people thinking he's inconsistent, that he can have his cake and eat it too.

As David Broder points out in the Washington Post, the Swift boat controversy is part of a war that will die only with the last boomer, and one that John Kerry should have foreseen. "Kerry may be judged naive to have thought that Vietnam would be a golden credential . . . and not an inevitable source of controversy," Broder writes. "In a 2002 conversation, Kerry told me he thought it would be doubly advantageous that 'I fought in Vietnam and I also fought against the Vietnam War,' apparently not recognizing that some would see far too much political calculation in such a bifurcated record." In short, the Swifties' reaction was predictable, and rooted in Kerry's behavior and choices. Kerry, like Dukakis in 1988 and the 2002 Democrats, made his own problems.

www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/004/515xhbci.asp?pg=1
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 7:04:54 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Very revealing about how this guy thinks, and explains his constant flip-flopping.  He thinks he can please both sides of an issue without people thinking he's inconsistent, that he can have his cake and eat it too.

As David Broder points out in the Washington Post, the Swift boat controversy is part of a war that will die only with the last boomer, and one that John Kerry should have foreseen. "Kerry may be judged naive to have thought that Vietnam would be a golden credential . . . and not an inevitable source of controversy," Broder writes. "In a 2002 conversation, Kerry told me he thought it would be doubly advantageous that 'I fought in Vietnam and I also fought against the Vietnam War,' apparently not recognizing that some would see far too much political calculation in such a bifurcated record." In short, the Swifties' reaction was predictable, and rooted in Kerry's behavior and choices. Kerry, like Dukakis in 1988 and the 2002 Democrats, made his own problems.

www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/004/515xhbci.asp?pg=1

Kerry is not naive, he is arrogant, supercilious, and aloof. He thinks anybody who dares to question him and his past or motives is either a moron or a reactionary. In his mind, we are both.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 9:58:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Thats not even it.  He is a sociopath who will say or do anything to acqire more wealth and power for himself to flatter his ego.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top