Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/29/2004 3:27:18 PM EDT
WTF? They say they are getting the recipe over the net. Nazi's used to use it back in the day to stay alert....

Why would anyone ingest that crap?
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 3:28:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 3:31:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Its a recipe involving ammonium somthing...not ammonium nitrate...something else
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 3:34:09 PM EDT
[#3]
low flame no smell small batch
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 3:35:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 4:05:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 4:10:34 PM EDT
[#6]
The meth thaty talk of is very addictive. It is cooked with either, anhydrous ammonia and cold tablets. The shit will age you decades in a short time, and eventually kill you. I can't imaging using that crap. The anhydrous is the pressure tanks of fertilizer the farmers use. Dangertous stuff.. fullclip
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 4:11:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Anhydrous ammonia, used in farming for something or another - all I know is alot of dairy farms around here used to get it ripped off from them on a regular basis.

The Nazi cook method is supposed to be simple to use to make meth, apparently simple enough that german soldiers could make it on the front lines and for Jimmy Ray trailer trash to make it in his bathtub.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 4:12:00 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
low flame no smell small batch

Any flame or spark means big explosion and fire. The smell of either and anhydrous is a dead giveaway.. . fullclip
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 4:14:50 PM EDT
[#9]
I work as a Spill Responder in WA and we are called out by LEOs to pick up the waste. It is nasty $h1t....

[This ISN'T ME!]  

Link Posted: 8/29/2004 4:23:53 PM EDT
[#10]
The meth lab are quickly becoming a very seerious problem here. Thay can be set up and working in a short amount of time, and with common  household items. Very often they are mobile, being cooked in the car while running the highways. Just about any country road is a good spot, also under just about any bridge in rural areas. The cooker has hius helpers duop him off and come baack a couple of hours later to pick him up.

Recently some of our high school kids stumbled on a meth lab in operation with nearly fatal results. Only the quick thinking of the driver of the kids casaved them from a protective ambush set up by the druggies. To them life is cheap. They intended to harm anyone who got in their way.

Seriously, think twice about stopping to help anyone at night, it may be a cook in progress.. fullclip
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 4:31:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Meth has been an issue with bikers for years.  Is it a problem now because it's starting to show up in less acceptable circles, or are people really just now taking notice of it?
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 4:38:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 4:38:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 4:42:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 4:46:07 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Anhydrous ammonia?

Crap, that stuff has killed more farmers than tractors!

I used to put it out as a chemical boost for wheat and cotton, IIRC.

You could flat die if you pulled the drill out of the ground while it was still spraying!

Eric The(Cough<hack>Cough)Hun

From what I understand, the geniuses that steal it around here syphon it out of tanks with a hose, just like you would gas from a car .  No ones died from it yet, but they did run a story about one idiot that had to be taken to the hospital for it, he was listed in critical condition.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 4:49:49 PM EDT
[#16]
I guess it's just odd how something that you have known about for years makes it's way into the mainstream news and people are surprised by it.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 5:03:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Unintended consequences. When they stopped handing out speed legally prescription wise to everybody's mother, now we have all these nasty homemade operations.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 5:04:50 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
WTF? They say they are getting the recipe over the net. Nazi's used to use it back in the day to stay alert....

They called it "Marching Powder".
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 5:10:35 PM EDT
[#19]
the biggest problem with this "new" method is it cuts the cook time down  A LOT. The labs can be very small and even moble. My department is keeping their eye out but, we haven't seen one here yet that we know of. Meth users are finding the new recipes via-on-line but, they are finding out they are not all correct. Meth is a very unstable drug during process. Mix something incorrectly and it might as well be a bomb. If we make a stop witha  moble lab we don't even touch them. The FD comes out and hoses them down as well as the truck/car/van. We are seeing an increase in the hispanic communitied here due to the large number of migrant workers we have. They are using these large close-knit communities to hide the labs and move the product.  It's not a biker's drug anymore, that's for sure.

J
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 5:11:52 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I guess it's just odd how something that you have known about for years makes it's way into the mainstream news and people are surprised by it.

+1
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 5:14:59 PM EDT
[#21]
no no no, they cut cocaine with powdered enfamil....we had 600 dollars worth of the damn stuff jacked from our store, ran out the front door with a cartful, checker got her hands on the cart, got shoved down and out of the way, and it was gone....
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 5:15:46 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Feeling of euphoria. Energy. Weight Loss, Chicks likes sex more on meth. Guys that couldnt get laid in a whore house can get hook up easy when they are holding*

*This is the strangest part of the drug culture. offer a tweeker $20.00 to blow you and she will most likely turn you down. Give her a $20.00 bindle of tweek and you own her for the weekend.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 5:19:27 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Talk about odd....one day when I was in college, my Father was visiting my apartment and saw some 'white crosses' that I had on my dresser for 'studying' purposes!

He picked one up and said, 'Are these white crosses?'

And I said, 'Uh, yeah.'

'Mmm, they are just like the ones they handed out to us in the South Pacific!'

Whew!

I thought I was busted, but my Father figured that anything that was safe enough to give a young GI, was safe enough for a college kid!

You do come down mighty hard after a 24 hour 'blitzkrieg' of white crosses, I can tell you!

So, what is this 'Nazi Meth' that you speak of?

Eric The(Intrigued)Hun

The good old days of getting behind with finals approaching at light speed.
White crosses and black beauties
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 5:19:58 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I think they use enfamil (maybe I'm saying the wrong stuff there)  in cutting it or something.

Meth is typically not cut. If it is cut, its cut with MSR which looks just like crystal meth and is used more often to burn people than as a cutting agent.

Meth is so prevelant and cheap right now that you cant give away anything less than pure "ice" quality crystal meth. None of that dingy reddish or yellow powder crap please.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 5:21:34 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Unintended consequences. When they stopped handing out speed legally prescription wise to everybody's mother, now we have all these nasty homemade operations.

Adderall is still widely prescribed.  You just have to claim ADD/ADHD to get it instead of "I'm tired all the time."
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 5:22:24 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

This topic was covered recently here--> ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=261094

Not so surprising that the Nazi's used it as many militaries around the world use it.  IIRC, they give the less potent amphetamine and Provigil to U.S. pilots in some situations.  

As far as 'recipe over the net', you can go to Barnes and Noble.com and get the definitive work here-->  search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?userid=O9t162IGsa&isbn=1559502231&itm=1

Pharmaceutical grade methamphetamine/amphetamine used in therapeutic oral doses is as safe as caffeine.    

Link Posted: 8/29/2004 5:22:49 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I believe you are referring to the term "Bolivian marching powder" which is slang for Cocaine.  Methamphetamine is RARELY in a powder form.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 5:23:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 5:25:14 PM EDT
[#29]
That would explain, when i was diagnosed with ADD in high school, and was put on atterol (didnt respond to anything else) I lost 20 pounds in just over a week, didnt eat crap, and slept maybe an hour a night...I weighed about 100 pounds before I lost the weight then...lol
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 5:25:30 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
no no no, they cut cocaine with powdered enfamil....we had 600 dollars worth of the damn stuff jacked from our store, ran out the front door with a cartful, checker got her hands on the cart, got shoved down and out of the way, and it was gone....

By two skinny somali/ethiopian looking guys?  They have been hitting Target/Ralphs/Albertsons ect in San Diego, Orange, and LA Counties.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 5:26:36 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Anhydrous ammonia?

You could flat die if you pulled the drill out of the ground while it was still spraying!

From what I understand, the geniuses that steal it around here syphon it out of tanks with a hose, just like you would gas from a car .  No ones died from it yet, but they did run a story about one idiot that had to be taken to the hospital for it, he was listed in critical condition.

Anhydrous ammonis is a pressurized liquid. When it is released from pressure, a tank like a propane tank, it goes into a high pressure gas. the thieves that cook with it have hoses to connect the mother tanks to small propane tanks like you have on your B-b-que grill. It is very corrosive, and the brass fittings that have been exposed to it are covered with a green corrosion. Many a passerby have thought they have hit the jackpot in finding a nearly new propane tank on the side of the road, only to have thier sinuses wrecked by the smell of the ammonia. Some even have been injured when the tank bursts when trying to re-fill it with propane. The smeel and the green corrosion on the brass is the key. Also stay away from roadside ice chest and tupperware containers. Very widely used by meth cookers.

As a local fireman and first responder I have had training over the last few years over the meth labs. Very dangerous stuff, to say the least.. fullclip
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 5:26:49 PM EDT
[#32]
Yeah, the enfamil is cut into high quality cocaine, they use cheaper flour products for the cheap stuff.

Edit: It was a black guy who did the snatch, and another that idled in the jeep outside the door. I noticed the jeep on my way in from getting carts (mind you it was about 11pm) and found it rather strange that he was idling where he was, quick peek at the cash registers and I didnt see nobody with a weapon, so I went back inside and didnt think anything more of it till later...

Edit mk 2: This was at Safeway, in Walnut Creek, bout 30 miles outside of San Fran. Someone told me that another Safeway got hit earlier that day. We got a security guard for a week (unarmed...and he liked to start doing round kicks to the bales of hay out front...rather unprofessional fellow.)

My dumb story of the day
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 5:29:46 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I believe you are referring to the term "Bolivian marching powder" which is slang for Cocaine.  Methamphetamine is RARELY in a powder form.

Well call me a geezer then. EVERY time I have seen it it has been a powder or rock. It was then chopped up just like coke and snorted.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 5:29:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Theres a test going on that should just about kill the nazi method of meth.
Some guy has figured out how to put die in anhydrous ammonia that will not cook out. Stains everything it touches pinkish red. Supposedly will not "cook out when they process the crap into meth. A nice plus is that people that use meth with the pink added will have pink parts that touch the stuff for something like 24 hours after using.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 5:31:12 PM EDT
[#35]
A cheap and easy way to make low grade meth is with the nasal sticks of vicks, and  muratic acid.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 5:33:44 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well call me a geezer then. EVERY time I have seen it it has been a powder or rock. It was then chopped up just like coke and snorted.

Yep, about 10 years back meth was typically a dirty yellow brown clumpy powder. Not anymore though. You cant give that stuff away.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 5:35:22 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep, about 10 years back meth was typically a dirty yellow brown clumpy powder. Not anymore though. You cant give that stuff away.

What's it look like now? How is it used/injested?
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 5:35:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Most of the people who cook the meth are very industrious people. If they would invest as much energy into honest work they would be very succuesful. Some in our area who have been busted actually brag on the methods they have mastered. So if they have added a dye to the anhydrous, they will find a way to get around it, I am sure... fullclip
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 5:35:39 PM EDT
[#39]
I found the link to the pink die.

Science - AP
Meth Cooks May Be Caught Pink-Handed

Sat Aug 21, 8:26 PM ET

Add Science - AP to My Yahoo!

By ROXANA HEGEMAN, Associated Press Writer

WICHITA, Kan. - It may fall a shade shy of catching thieves red-handed, but for farmers fed up with methamphetamine cooks filching their fertilizer, staining them pink will do just fine.

Assuming you can discourage thieves you cannot easily catch, a new product called GloTell — which is added to tanks of anhydrous ammonia — will not only besmirch the hands of those who touch the fertilizer, but leaves its mark on anyone who snorts or shoots the end product.

GloTell is already proving to be a handy deterrent, but there were details to be worked out between its birth as a farmer's brainstorm and finished product.

The additive had to withstand the cold, corrosive nature of anhydrous ammonia. It had to be safe for the environment, safe for crops and even safe around children.

And in the two years it took to develop GloTell, researchers at Southern Illinois University-Carbondale found it did much more than just stain thieves pink.

The visible stain, even if washed off, was still detectable by ultraviolet light 24 to 72 hours later. As an added benefit, the additive helped farmers detect any tank leaks, said Truitt Clements, spokesman for Illinois-based GloTell Distributors LLC.

Best of all, the treated anhydrous ammonia rendered any meth it was used to make extremely difficult to dry and turned it an unbleachable pink, he said.

"Most people that are drug users, they like a clean-looking drug if they are going to ... put it in their body," Clements said. "We know the end-product is not pretty at all."

Snort it, and it turns the nose fluorescent pink. Inject it, and the telltale pink shows up at the injection site, he said.

During product testing, GloTell was added to anhydrous ammonia tanks at farms that had been having problems with meth thefts in Illinois, Kentucky and Indiana, Clements said. Within a week, the thefts stopped.

On Tuesday, GloTell was unveiled at the Illinois State Fair.

Next month, Virginia-based Royster-Clark Inc. will begin selling it at nearly 250 of its outlets around the nation under an exclusive distribution agreement with GloTell, said Lori Ann Peters, a spokeswoman for Royster-Clark.

"The meth problem is not a problem that affects only families of people addicted, it plagues entire communities," Peters said.

The meth problem is especially bad in rural states like Kansas, which ranks among the top five meth-producing states in the nation, said Kyle Smith, spokesman for the Kansas Bureau of Investigation.

"Meth is our Number One problem — and has been for several years now," he said.

In 2003, there were 649 meth labs were seized in Kansas, compared to four labs seized in 1994, according to KBI statistics.

Anhydrous ammonia is especially dangerous to use in meth production — it can burn lungs, cause explosions and chemical burns, he said. Meth makers will likely turn to other meth production methods if GloTell use becomes widespread.

"Even if it pushes them to use a different methodology, that is good. ... It has to be demonstrated to me first. I hope it works, but we have to see," Smith said.

Clements said the additive will likely add about $9 per ton to the cost of anhydrous ammonia, which now costs about $240 a ton.

To deal with the problem of meth thefts, some states have passed laws requiring locks on anhydrous ammonia tanks — with limited success.

Iowa State University has also been working on an additive that would make anhydrous ammonia unusable for meth production. That product may debut next year, said Harriet Wegmeyer, spokeswoman for the Fertilizer Institute, an industry trade group.

"All farmers want to do is go out and produce their crops and raise their families and do the best job they can," Clements said. "A lot of times they are fighting druggies and putting up fences and locks. They just want to go back to the production of agriculture." story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=1894&ncid=1894&e=3&u=/ap/20040822/ap_on_re_us/thwarting_meth
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 5:39:52 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What's it look like now? How is it used/injested?

Like broken glass or ice crystals

Snorted, smoked, swallowed, or injected. It disolves in water, ever without heat, so its easy to inject. Most people smoke it in a glass pipe (usually made from a gas station "airfresher" tube), or snort it. very seldom do i talk to anyone who swallows (Gut bombs) it.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 5:40:12 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

This is exactly why we are losing the war on drugs. These people will do ANYTHING to get high.
We cant ban everything and we cant think of everything they will use.

Some substance must be made legal to satisfy their need. No other way to win
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 5:40:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Otar, thanks for the link. Very informative reading. .. fullclip
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 5:42:21 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

seriously. this shit has been a big problem since at least the late 1990's where i live.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 5:42:46 PM EDT
[#44]
It's a shame the govt won't just buy an old farm in Methville USA and put a nice big tank labeled as anhydrous ammonia but actually filled with VX gas.

That'll break them of sucking eggs.........and oxygen.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 5:46:22 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This is exactly why we are losing the war on drugs. These people will do ANYTHING to get high.

I think it should be legal.  I find tweekers much less offensive to the senses than pot heads. At least tweekers are hard workers and dont smell as bad.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 5:47:25 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Anhydrous ammonia?

Oh Hell, we've had people die from it. These rocket scientists are using garden hoses to siphon the stuff with. I saw one exposure where joe genius meth head used a power drill to tap a tank of the stuff.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 5:47:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Meth is fucked up shit.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 5:48:02 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think it should be legal.  I find tweekers much less offensive to the senses than pot heads. At least tweekers are hard workers and dont smell as bad.

are you fucking kidding me? you know as much about drugs as you do guns.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 5:48:45 PM EDT
[#49]
Recently there was a theft of a 1,000 gallon anhydrous trailer mounted tank here. The thief managed to get away clean and hide the tank. He was selling the anhydrous to the cookers for $50.00 for a small propane bottle full. His downfall was bragging about it. He was not a doper himself, just a drunk who saw some easy money. This is what the drug business is doing to us. The lure of easy money.. fullclip
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 5:49:50 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top