Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/29/2004 2:17:19 PM EDT
So, just so I understand, it will be illegal to modify my MAK90 (stock) unless I use 4 US parts (milled rcvr) even after the ban dies. This is because the ban on foreign rifles in 89? Just need some clarification from the experts. Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 2:23:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah I guess it falls under the import ban, Oh well get a US built topcover  and Us made, followers, mag body, base plate?? Would that count?
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 2:25:35 PM EDT
[#2]
then again is anyone going to be able to tell the difference? Most cops didn't even care or know about the 94ban and no one was convicted with it let alone the 89 import ban.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 2:25:50 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
So, just so I understand, it will be illegal to modify my MAK90 (stock) unless I use 4 US parts (milled rcvr) even after the ban dies. This is because the ban on foreign rifles in 89? Just need some clarification from the experts. Thanks.

I thought you dont own any guns??
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 2:27:00 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
then again is anyone going to be able to tell the difference? Most cops didn't even care or know about the 94ban and no one was convicted with it let alone the 89 import ban.

yes people have been convicted with the violation of the 1994 AWB, that is just a rumor
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 2:28:52 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I thought you dont own any guns??

*AHEM cough ... cough AHEM* I dont own any guns. This was a hypothetical question. Sorry, I forgot to mention that.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 2:33:30 PM EDT
[#6]
but yes you would have to ad the U.S. parts in order to put a pistol grip stock, but I wouldnt reccomend getting the U.S. made mag parts because its a pain in the ass when buying new mags and if you ever want to shoot a drum forget about it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top