Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2004 10:22:40 AM EDT
Sell complete rifles AND sell uppers and lowers on the scale that every other AR company does?

they could do pretty good business if they sold lowers by them selves.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 10:28:13 AM EDT
[#1]
By keeping their "elite" status among many firearm owners, they probably have higher profit margins than anyone else in the business.  If everyone could get a rifle with a pony on it, they wouldn't be as desireable to a lot of people as they are now.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 10:29:01 AM EDT
[#2]
They also make the M-4 carbine for the military.

That prolly consumes a lot of their time.

CRC
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 10:49:44 AM EDT
[#3]
I've bought lowers and uppers and such before.  Granted Colt doesn't sell direct like Bushmaster.  But you can get components just like bushmaster.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 10:55:07 AM EDT
[#4]
damn double taps.

SLIDE LOCK!
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 10:55:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Armalite doesn't sell Armalite lowers apart from complete rifles either.

I think.

Link Posted: 8/29/2004 2:28:45 PM EDT
[#6]
You did ok for just thinking....

ArmaLite Lower Receivers and Lower Receiver Assemblies are NEVER sold to the public. All ArmaLite rifles are either factory or government built. ALL other brands of receivers are sold to the public, including Eagle Arms brand receivers, and thus rifles of all brands except ArmaLite may have been assembled by hobbyists.
http://www.armalite.com/library/faq/faq_list.htm#2

Quoted:

I think.

Link Posted: 8/29/2004 2:36:07 PM EDT
[#7]
because Colt sucks and they dont care about us civilians
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 2:48:09 PM EDT
[#8]
By only selling complete rifles, Colt protects itself from getting a poor reputation if someone slaps on a junk upper that doesn't work or comes apart.  By controlling the entire production process, they insluate themselves from lawsuits generated by that same someone who slapped a junk upper on one of their lowers, etc.  

Sure, you can mix and match, but that becomes a modification from factory stock.  If they sold you just half, eventually someone will blow the gun up with a junk other half and sue Colt because they are a big company and likely to settle.

It's also why you won't see too many original SP-1's that don't run right, but you'll see alot of parts guns that choke.  They charge extra for that name, so they have to protect that name.

Ross
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 2:55:50 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I think.

They do sell Eagle Arms lowers.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 2:55:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Because what used to be a horse is now a gielding....

Link Posted: 8/29/2004 2:56:58 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Because what used to be a horse is now a gielding....

Ya had your rocky mountain oysters did ya sarge ??
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 3:11:25 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think.

They do sell Eagle Arms lowers.

I know that's why I specified Armalite doesn't sell Armalite lowers.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top