Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/29/2004 3:04:08 AM EDT
I went to the Indy 1500 Friday night and again yesterday morning.  It had a low attendance. Usually there are a number of tables with a lot of AR-15s.  Not this time.  They were there, but there were very few of them and they weren't cheap.  Two tables had uppers with bolt and carrier included for very good prices.  Pre ban uppers too.  Saw a few tables with magazines, but not near as many as usual.  I think some of it may have been due to the the fact that it was an August show and those traditionally have a lower attendance.  That and there's going to be another show on Halloween.  There were just a few Colt pre bans gathering dust.  

This show reminded me of the shows in the 70's with a lot of bolt action rifles, revolvers, shotguns and some M-1s thrown in for good measure.  There seemed to be more machine guns for sale than I've seen in a long time.  There was an MG42 with a bipod for $37,000.00.  That was a little too salty for me so I let it pass.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 4:39:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes I seen the MG42 and thought it very sweet myself. But like you I had to let is pass. Didn't really see alot of anything, talked with a few dealers who all said Fridays sales were decent, Saturdays really sucked.  I think your right on the show being slow since there is another late Oct. Hopefully it will be better (and I'll have more money).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top