Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/28/2004 10:18:18 PM EDT
Ok so I'm bored out of my mind tonight.
I pull out The Last of the Mohicans soundtrack (freaking awesome soundtrack, btw)
and as I'm listening, a question pops up in my head.
How accurate were the fighting and combat scenes in that movie?
Any Pre Revolutionary War Frontiersman recreators in here?
Flintlocks, uniforms, tactics, etc. How well were they done in that movie?
Enquiring minds want to know.

ETA: I can't spell well when I'm durnk.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 10:23:27 PM EDT
[#1]
tag and btt
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 10:29:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't know, I wasn't there.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 10:31:12 PM EDT
[#3]
OH! You're a big help aren't ya?
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 10:32:18 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Don't know, I wasn't there.

Same here,.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 10:37:26 PM EDT
[#5]
I think they nailed the unconventional nature of the combat.....at least as from what I've read.  Aside from the siege, in the wilderness it was bloody murder. It's so very odd that decades later a more conventional war would occur with set piece units engaging by the rules of the day. But the French-Indian War was ruthless. Magwah was excellent...and interestingly enough I'm watching another Michael Mann flick with the same actor..."Heat" Wes Studi was one of Lt. Vincent Hanna Robbery-Homicide Detectives.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 11:56:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Very excellent soundtrack...and movie.  And it has Madeleine Stowe
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 12:23:43 AM EDT
[#7]

I am pretty sure that the two Mohicans 'sniping' from the walls of the fort was an innaccurate scene.  I don't think muskets of that era had anything like that kind of range or accuracy.  Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Link Posted: 8/29/2004 12:26:57 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm pretty sure nobody on this board was thre...
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 1:21:26 AM EDT
[#9]
My name is John Titor.  I was there....Yes, it was pretty accurate, except the women were nowhere near that pretty.  What else do you wish to know?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top