Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2004 8:32:00 PM EDT
Here’s the deal. I just purchased a Remington 700 with a Tasco World Class scope. When I got it home and looked alittle closer at the scope it appears to have a larger tube in the back than the front. The ring in the back didnt fit on the tube like the one in the front did. The rings and mount are Weaver style Leupolds(Cast or Aluminum) so since I had a Leupold Mount and Rings here I decided to just change them over. When I took the top off the ring in the back the scope popped up out of it. Well I figured the ring must have been out of spec so I just went along with the mounting of the new steel base and rings. When I try to get the scope to fit in the rings the back will not drop into the back ring at all so I guess for one reason or another it has a bigger tube in the back. I went back to the set of rings that it was in when I got it and you can get it in there with some force since they are aluminum  but it’s a NO GO when you try this with a good set of steel rings.I know I should be able to send it back for a warranty or return to Tasco or Bushnell if that’s who owns them now but where does it have to be sent to or how do I get ahold of them?
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 9:54:57 PM EDT
[#1]
go to the tasco website and send it in...you'll probably be rewarded..

found at tasco.com

via yahoo...

Tasco
9200 Cody
Overland Park, KS 66214

Customer Service can be reached at: (800) 423.3537
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 10:18:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Bushnell now owns tasco and they will only honor a warranty on a newly manufactured scope assuming you have the box, all paper work, and code date on the box matches their warranty numbers.  Other than this they will not fix it and they will redirect you to a seperate scope repair center.  It will cost you $40-60 to have your scope fixed.  Bushnell really sucks when it comes to any kind of customer service.      
We have many tasco's at the store that we just throw away because its cheaper to buy a new scope than to have them fixed.  Good luck with yours.

Bill3508
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 5:07:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 5:27:38 AM EDT
[#4]
The story I heard was that Bushnell bought Tasco out when they went bankrupt.  When asked to service Tasco's old scopes they reply that, "they are legally prohibited" from working on them.

I know L-polds & Nikons are expensive - but even Burris and Weaver are giant leaps better than the new cheap stuff from Tasco and Bushnell.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 5:35:10 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
The story I heard was that Bushnell bought Tasco out when they went bankrupt.  When asked to service Tasco's old scopes they reply that, "they are legally prohibited" from working on them.

I know L-polds & Nikons are expensive - but even Burris and Weaver are giant leaps better than the new cheap stuff from Tasco and Bushnell.

I still wonder why the hell Baush & Lomb Scopes (Nice scopes) got renamed to Bushnell, I guess some stupid bean counter doesn't realize once it has been tagged with the Bushnell name it is forever regarded as a cheap POS.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top