Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/28/2004 5:56:25 PM EDT

She said I should read it......since she cancelled my FHM, Maxim, and Small Arms Review subscriptions.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 6:01:03 PM EDT
[#1]

Wait....Is it bad that I do most of the dishes?  
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 6:07:57 PM EDT
[#2]

i really needed a good laugh. thanks.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 6:08:44 PM EDT
[#3]
My brother works full-time and his wife is a homemaker. Yet, when he comes home from work he has to both cook dinner and wash the dishes. Would you describe him as "whipped?"
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 6:15:30 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
My brother works full-time and his wife is a homemaker. Yet, when he comes home from work he has to both cook dinner and wash the dishes. Would you describe him as "whipped?"

That would be an understatement.
What's the matter with him?  I can see that when both work outside the home, but that's just nuts.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 6:17:56 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm not touching this one!
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 6:19:25 PM EDT
[#6]
All I see is a big, fat red X.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 6:21:10 PM EDT
[#7]
..................................................................................

That's all I'm sayin.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 6:40:02 PM EDT
[#8]
My life is so sad
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 7:18:48 AM EDT
[#9]
All you young unmarried guys look real hard at this. That's you after 10 years of marriage- sooner if you have kids. You go from being pussey-whipped to just plain whipped. The good thing is that you won't notice it happening.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 7:25:33 AM EDT
[#10]
...!
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 7:29:42 AM EDT
[#11]
that's great!  there used to be a similar one that i had saved.  i sent it to my brother and best friend when they were getting married a couple years ago.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 8:09:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Let me clarify a little. It won't be as bad as depicted on the magazine cover (hopefully) but it will happen to some extent. I remember before I was married that during the holidays I was going to see a movie with my two brothers and their wives. Well, on the phone the movie was going to be "The Hunt for Red October". I was excited. After they picked me up and we were driving to the movies my brother informed me that the movie was not going to be "Hunt for Red October" but Mermaids starring Cher and Wynona Rider. I should have recognized that as a warning sign. But noooo I got married anyway. I do believe being a little whipped has its positive points. Left to myself I would have self-destructed long ago. I wouldn't be alive with a pretty decent job. I think I am a good husband and most importatntly a good father because of it.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 8:12:05 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
All I see is a big, fat red X.

+1
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 8:15:49 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Hmmm.  Since I am such a nice and supportive guy I found myself working full-time (wife had no job),  cooking dinner and doing the dishes, getting no sex, and she still had the balls to complain at me incessantly.

I divorced her ass and am MUCH happier now.

YMMV
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 8:26:06 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Wait....Is it bad that I do most of the dishes?  

I'd rather do the dishes than cook, anyday. I'll bake a cake, or make a salad, or barbecue, but cooking a full meal for several people with different entrees, etc. I find a pain in the neck. Something always ends up flambe...
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 8:31:14 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Gee, then I guess it's my wife who's "whipped".

I stay home to raise the kids and maintain the house, make most of the meals during the day, but my wife insists on making dinner for us at night and on the weekends, too. The kids and I do the dishes, though
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 8:33:24 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Hmmm.  Since I am such a nice and supportive guy I found myself working full-time (wife had no job),  cooking dinner and doing the dishes, getting no sex, and she still had the balls to complain at me incessantly.

I divorced her ass and am MUCH happier now.

YMMV

Thankfully that's SOOOOOO rare......hack hack hack.....
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 8:39:26 AM EDT
[#18]
I gave a couple more years until I have to worry about that...
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 8:40:10 AM EDT
[#19]
Oh that magazine cover describes my friend to a "T"

i was the last of his friends to come around anymore, His wife is just intolerable! She knows it all, She has been there, done that yet has the mental capacity of a slug's ass. He comes home, does the dishes, the laundry, cooks and she is a homemaker. Supposedly she has a job yet she has contributed NO $$$ to the house. He leaves for work at 7:00 and returns at 19:00 even as late as 23:00. And there is NO DINNER for the guy.

I understand that when you raise kids things can get hectic and the LAST thing someone wants to do is make dinner. My wife has been there BUT!!!!! She tells me to call her as I leave my last call so she can order some take out and it will be at the house when I come home.

Marriage: A Full time job by itself that both people play the part of employer AND employee.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 8:45:17 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I stay home to raise the kids and maintain the house, make most of the meals during the day, but my wife insists on making dinner for us at night and on the weekends, too. The kids and I do the dishes, though

Lucky! I wish I could stay home and taker care of the kids while the wife worked. With both of us working (wife part time) nothing ever seems to get done.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 8:57:08 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Lucky! I wish I could stay home and taker care of the kids while the wife worked. With both of us working (wife part time) nothing ever seems to get done.

A peculiar set of cirmcumstances led us to making the decision, not the least of which was she, being a physician, earned much more than me, a school teacher. Still, as anybody can tell you who stays home to run a house and raise kids, it's never all done.....FREX today I'm finishing ripping up our old carpets and going with hardwood floors- 'bout time, but with little kids, it's tough to make time to do real changes to the house- it's usually just damage control (literally)....

After that, I gotta figure out how to repair/replace sheetrock. The boys, 9 and 12, tall for their ages, were wrestling in one of the bedrooms and made some good-sized holes in the wall....
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 8:57:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Seen it before, and I think it was slightly different (perhaps this is a newer issue? ).

Still funny though!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top