Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/28/2004 4:00:12 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 4:02:05 PM EDT
[#1]

Authorities said they had been called to the home before in an ongoing family dispute.

Something tells me there wont be any more dispute
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 4:04:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 4:06:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 4:07:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Here is the story from the Houston Chronicle:
========================================================================
HoustonChronicle.com -- http://www.HoustonChronicle.com | Section: Front page

Aug. 28, 2004, 1:14AM

Doctor fatally shot by his 10-year-old son
By ROBERT CROWE
Copyright 2004 Houston Chronicle

A 10-year-old boy fatally shot his father Friday, striking him several times as he sat in the front seat of an SUV to pick up the boy from his mother's home for a weekend visit.
ADVERTISEMENT

The incident happened about 3:45 p.m. on a cul-de-sac in the 1700 block of Cedar Cove Court, said Sgt. B.E. Williams of the Harris County Sheriff's Department.

A preliminary investigation found that Rick James Lohstroh, 41, was shot by his son, who was sitting in the back seat of the man's Toyota 4-Runner, said Sgt. B.E. Williams of the Harris County Sheriff's Department. The shooting took place outside the home of Lohstroh's ex-wife, where the boy lives with his mother and a 7-year-old sibling.

"We're not certain of anything until we finish our investigation," Williams said. "The information we have at this time is that the 10-year-old did fire the weapon."

The mother and the 7-year-old were inside the house when the shooting occurred, said Williams

Williams said the gun belonged to the boy's mother. After firing shots through the back seat, the boy exited the back of the vehicle and continued to fire at the vehicle.

The man died en route to Memorial Hermann hospital.

Lohstroh was a doctor at the University of Texas Medical Branch.

Precinct 5 constables have reported disturbances at the residence in the past. The man and woman shared custody of the children.

Williams said the mother and the boy were still in the home talking to investigators Friday night.

Neighbors described the family as being quiet and keeping to themselves.

Justin Gray, 17, was walking in the neighborhood when he heard gunshots. "We've had a suicide in this neighborhood once, but never anything like this," Gray said.

[email protected]

This article is: http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/front/2764495
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 4:10:27 PM EDT
[#5]
There has got to be more then whats being told here.  10yos rarely do kill people compared to all the murders.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 4:13:30 PM EDT
[#6]
The way he just kept shooting sounds like this kid had a lot of rage built up inside him.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 4:17:36 PM EDT
[#7]
maybe he molested the boy?
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 4:19:01 PM EDT
[#8]
"I'm Rick James, Bitch!"
"No, you're my bitch!"
Bang, Bang, Bang, Bang.

I bet the mother put him up to it.

Breacher
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 4:25:12 PM EDT
[#9]
According to Harris County law his mother should be facing felony charges since he got a hold of her gun.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 4:30:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Man I tell you Texas alway's has some strange shit going on what's with you folk's down there.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 5:08:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Let me clarify this...my dept was the first on the scene out there.  The area is what we refer to as Katy but it's not the actual city limits of katy proper.  These kids out here are all spoiled ass rich little snot nose brats and the majority of the time the paretns are just as bad.  For example, I once arrested a 12 year old for felony theft.  While I'm cuffing him the mother doesn't say shit about her boy being arrested.  She startes bitching cause she can't watch her WWF wrestling and she wasn't white trash.  Doesn't suprise me in the least this happening.  There's a reason I left patrolling that area and transfered else where.  
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 5:11:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 5:19:37 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Let me clarify this...my dept was the first on the scene out there.  The area is what we refer to as Katy but it's not the actual city limits of katy proper.  These kids out here are all spoiled ass rich little snot nose brats and the majority of the time the paretns are just as bad.  For example, I once arrested a 12 year old for felony theft.  While I'm cuffing him the mother doesn't say shit about her boy being arrested.  She startes bitching cause she can't watch her WWF wrestling and she wasn't white trash.  Doesn't suprise me in the least this happening.  There's a reason I left patrolling that area and transfered else where.  

Damn, just when you thought the ghettos were f'ed up!

Only difference is these people have money.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 5:34:23 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Where did it happen? Is it in Kellywood or Cinco Ranch? I wonder if they were in Taylor Highschool area.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 5:35:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Note to self:  Watch your six!
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 5:36:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 5:37:06 PM EDT
[#17]
what a fucked up world...oh, it happened in texas.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 8:30:31 AM EDT
[#18]
Just a follow-up:
==========================================================================

Aug. 29, 2004, 9:59AM

Boy was witness to drawn-out divorce
10-year-old is being held in the death of his father
By EDWARD HEGSTROM and RHEA DAVIS

A 10-year-old boy believed to have killed his father was a longtime witness to an ugly, drawn-out divorce that included unproven allegations of sexual abuse.
ADVERTISEMENT

The boy's mother, Deborah Geisler of Katy, said Saturday that she believes her son was abused at the hands of his father.

Friends and co-workers of Dr. Rick Lohstroh described him as "much loved and respected" and said he often complained about the bitter divorce.

Lohstroh, 41, an emergency-room physician at the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston, was shot in the back Friday while sitting in his car in his ex-wife's driveway after he arrived to pick up his two sons.

Police believe that Lohstroh's older son got in the back seat of his father's sport utility vehicle, shot him several times through the seat and then went inside, where his mother took the gun away.

The boy has been placed in Harris County Juvenile Detention Center pending a hearing Monday. He has not been identified because he is a minor.

"He was very angry with his father," Geisler said.

Geisler said she does not understand how her son obtained her gun, which she kept locked and unloaded inside the home.

"I don't know how he gained access to it," she said.

Lohstroh and Geisler, 45, were divorced in May 2003 after a yearlong legal wrangle.

"Everybody who knew Rick knew that he had a tough divorce and had trouble with his ex-wife," said Dr. Brian Zachariah, director of the emergency department at UTMB.

Zachariah said Lohstroh was "much loved and respected" by colleagues.

Friends, neighbors remember couple

Workers in the emergency room broke down and cried when they heard news of his death Friday.

Barbara Sweet, a friend of Lohstroh's, said he often talked about his conflicts during the divorce. "I think (Geisler) was angry about the divorce," Sweet said, recalling conversations she had with Lohstroh.

The arguments between Geisler and Lohstroh continued after the divorce, and sometimes the sons were involved. Neighbors of Geisler said they frequently heard "explosive arguments" outside the home in far west Harris County when Lohstroh would stop by to pick up his kids.

"It seemed like (the children) never wanted to go with their dad," said Sunee Kramer, a next-door neighbor.

Kramer said Geisler was not well-known in the neighborhood but was friendly when she showed up at a Fourth of July party.

"She just seemed normal," Kramer said.

But Geisler said her ex-husband was bent on destroying her.

"He had told my children that he wanted me penniless and on the streets. That's why this divorce process went on for approximately 18 months," she said.

She said Lohstroh went into fits of rage that he often took out on his sons and belittled them with name-calling.

'It's just so shocking and sad'

Nearly 40 miles away, neighbors of Lohstroh in Friendswood described him as a "nice man" who often played with his kids.

"It's just so shocking and sad," said Marilyn Smith, whose daughter used to ride a bus to school with the boy now in custody. "You think of all the lives that are ruined."

Court records indicate Lohstroh received deferred adjudication in a misdemeanor assault case in 1997. His attorney, Kathleen Collins, says police were dispatched more than once to investigate both Lohstroh and Geisler when they were married.

During the divorce, Geisler filed complaints with both the Friendswood and Webster police departments alleging Lohstroh sexually abused their children. But Collins contends police found no evidence to support the claims.

Collins noted that a judge granted Lohstroh joint custody of the children and that neither parent was designated as the primary caregiver.

History of divorce may come into play

Judges normally grant mothers primary custody and rarely give a father joint custody if there are believable allegations of sexual abuse, Collins said.

"If you're (accused of) sexual assault, and the judge thinks it is credible, that (joint custody) doesn't happen," Collins said.

Geisler's own mother testified against her in the divorce proceedings, Collins said.

"This was one of the worst cases I've seen in terms of false allegations," she said.

Though she has no specific knowledge of the killing Friday, Collins said the history of the divorce will no doubt prove relevant.

Collins, who visited the Lohstroh home Saturday, said the family did not want to comment on the incident.

Couple go their separate ways

A native of Washington state, Lohstroh graduated from Texas Tech School of Medicine in Lubbock and did his residency at UTMB. He had worked at the medical branch in Galveston about 10 years.

Geisler was a nurse, according to neighbors.

When the marriage fell apart, Lohstroh initially moved out, leaving Geisler and the sons in the home on a Friendswood cul-de-sac.

But during the divorce proceedings, Lohstroh got the house back.

Geisler then moved more than 40 miles away, to west Harris County. But the boys continued to attend schools in Friendswood.

Geisler was remarried in June 2003, the month after the divorce was finalized. Harris County records indicate she is married to Matthew Swanson.

After the divorce, Lohstroh met a woman who moved in with him, according to Sweet. Lohstroh lived with the woman and her daughter, along with his sons every other week.

[email protected]

[email protected]

This article is: http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/front/2766529
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 8:33:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 8:37:44 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

That was my immediate thought.  It takes something pretty bad to piss a kid off enough to do something like that.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 8:52:26 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Authorities said they had been called to the home before in an ongoing family dispute.

Geisler's own mother testified against her in the divorce proceedings, Collins said.

"This was one of the worst cases I've seen in terms of false allegations," she said.

There won't be anymore childsupport or health insurance either. I hope the doctor had a good will and left everything to his girlfriend or charity! The kid killed the goose that layed the golden egg.  
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 9:01:31 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There won't be anymore childsupport or health insurance either. I hope the doctor had a good will and left everything to his girlfriend or charity! The kid killed the goose that layed the golden egg.  

Maybe they'll find a way to sue the state. That or live off it.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 9:26:20 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That was my immediate thought.  It takes something pretty bad to piss a kid off enough to do something like that.

Not really.  Kids have killed their parents over things like being punished, not enough allowance etc.  The worst case that I personally know about was a 12 or 13 yr old kid who killed his parents by pouring gasoline on them and  burning them to death while they were sleeping.  

Betty Shabazz’s (Malcolm X's widow) only grandson, 12-year-old Malcolm Shabazz, set fire to her apartment and burned her to death because he was mad about having been sent their to live with her by his mother.

Link Posted: 8/29/2004 9:32:48 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Rick James Lohstroh, 41, was struck several times Friday as he sat in his sport utility vehicle,

I heard that when he spanked the boy he yelled "IM RICK JAMES BITCH" and THAT is what set him off

Just kidding Just Kidding RELAX!!!!! But seriously, Who knows why kids do that kind of crap. May have been Molestation as one here suggested OR just something the dad said that ticked him off.

Only the boy knows for now.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 9:40:06 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Don't count on it.  That depends on how long they were married, the terms of their divorce agreement/settlement and the laws of Texas. The good widow may still be entitled to his life insurance, pension benefits, and his other assets in addition to SSA surviver benefits for her and the little demon.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 9:47:30 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Just a follow-up:
Geisler said she does not understand how her son obtained her gun, which she kept locked and unloaded inside the home.

BS.

I'm betting she kept it loaded & in a drawer somewhere.

I know of cases where the father sets rules and mom lets the kids run wild - the kids, naturally, like mom better cause they can do whatever they want (I'm sure there are cases where the reverse is true)

That a woman's own mother would testify against her is pretty startling, that says more than anything else in the article.

Link Posted: 8/29/2004 10:14:50 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Just a follow-up:

BS.

I know of cases where the father sets rules and mom lets the kids run wild - the kids, naturally, like mom better cause they can do whatever they want (I'm sure there are cases where the reverse is true)

That a woman's own mother would testify against her is pretty startling, that says more than anything else in the article.

+1

Link Posted: 8/29/2004 10:46:07 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 10:50:15 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 11:07:45 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Just a follow-up:

BS.

+1

OK...

1.  "False allegations" ran rampant.  
2.  Long and bitter divorce.
3.  Frequent arguments.
4.  Man's co-workers have nothing but good to say about the man.  ER docs spend a LOT of time at work too.
5.  Woman's own mother testified against her.
6.  She got the house and is remarried one month after the divorce is final.

I'll take "the wife was a gold digger, after the house and his $$$$, had a boyfriend on the side whom she married, came up with 101 allegations trying to win everything in the divorce, let the kids do whatever they wanted/manipulated them so they would not want to go with dad, and lied to the 10 year old to get him to shoot him for $1,000,000, Alex......"
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 8:07:17 PM EDT
[#31]

Aug. 30, 2004, 4:51PM

Boy suspected of shooting dad to stay in custody
Associated Press

Chronicle file photo
Dr. Rick Lohstroh, 41
A 10-year-old boy taken into custody after the fatal shooting of his father will be held by juvenile authorities for at least another two weeks while prosecutors consider whether he should be charged.

The attorney for the boy, however, said today after a juvenile court hearing he expected a murder charge to be filed in the coming weeks against the son of slain 41-year-old physician Rick Lohstroh.

Another hearing for the boy, who lawyer Chris Tritico said would continue to be held under a criminal complaint, was set for Sept. 13.

Prosecutors said they were looking at the possibility of a murder charge in the case.

If convicted of murder, the boy could be held in the custody of the Texas Youth Commission until he is 18, then could be imprisoned by the Texas Department of Criminal Justice for another 40 years, Tritico said.

Police arrived at the home of Lohstroh's ex-wife Friday to find him dead inside his vehicle. The couple last year had finalized a rocky divorce and remained volatile, said Lohstroh's attorney, Kathleen Collins.

Bill Hawkins, head of the Harris County District Attorney's Juvenile Division, said holding the boy for 10 business days was not unusual since he needed to collect investigators' reports of the offense, an autopsy report from the medical examiner and information about the child.

"There is all kinds of stuff we will look at before any charging decision will be made," he said before the closed hearing today. "The only thing I can confirm ... is because of his age, he won't be certified (as an adult). He's not eligible for certification so he will remain in the juvenile system."

Lohstroh, who worked as an emergency room doctor in Galveston, had come to pick up his two children. According to a Harris County Sheriff's Department report, the older child retrieved a gun from his mother's bedroom, climbed into the back seat and began firing "through the back of the driver's seat striking his father."

"He then exited the vehicle and fired more times, striking his father's vehicle as well as a neighbor's car parked near the victim's vehicle," Sgt. B.E. Williams said in a statement. "He then returned to the house where the mother took the weapon from him and called 911."

The boy's mother, Deborah Geisler, did not immediately return phone messages from The Associated Press on today.

She told the Houston Chronicle in Sunday's editions the boy "was very angry with his father." She told the paper she did not know how the child got the gun, which she said she kept locked and unloaded in her home in Katy, about 30 miles west of Houston.

The couple married in San Antonio in 1988. They divorced last year, with Lohstroh receiving their $355,000 home in Friendswood, about 25 miles south of Houston. They also agreed to joint custody, with the children spending a week with each parent, Collins said.

Lohstroh met Geisler in college and the couple married during Lohstroh's first year of medical school at Texas Tech University in Lubbock, said a close friend, Dr. Sumit Guha.

This article is: http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/front/2768528
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 8:13:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 5:30:20 AM EDT
[#33]
In the continuing saga:
=========================================================================

Aug. 31, 2004, 1:01AM

Mom: My son isn't 'a homicidal maniac'
She says abuse, drug dosage may have driven boy to shoot his father
By ANDREW TILGHMAN and KEVIN MORAN

Sexual abuse by his father and an increased dosage of Prozac may have helped drive a 10-year-old boy to shoot and kill the father last week, the boy's mother and attorney contend.

"My son is not a homicidal maniac," said Deborah Geisler of Katy. ''I knew my son was angry with his father, but I never thought my son would see this as a way to handle the hopeless situation he thought he was in."

But the attorney who represented Dr. Rick Lohstroh during a bitter divorce denied the abuse allegations.

Lohstroh, a 41-year-old emergency room doctor at the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston, was shot in the back Friday when he went to pick up his two sons at their mother's home in Katy.

Police say the 10-year-old boy climbed into the back of his father's sport utility vehicle, fired a pistol several times through the back of the driver's seat and then ran back inside the home.

Juvenile Court Judge Beverly Malazzo on Monday rejected a request from Geisler that the boy be released into her custody.

The judge ordered that the boy, whose name is not being released because of his age, remain in the Harris County juvenile detention facility at least until a hearing on Sept. 13.

A psychiatrist prescribed Prozac for the boy in early August after he was diagnosed with depression and anxiety, his mother said Sunday.

He started with a 10-milligram dose and gradually moved to higher doses, she said.

The week before the shooting, Geisler said, the boy started taking a once-a-week, time-release dosage of 90 milligrams. He took his second 90-milligram pill just hours before the shooting, she said.

The sexual abuse allegations could be central to the juvenile court case ahead, a lawyer for the 10-year-old said.

Attorney Chris Tritico said he also is looking into the possible impact of the medication.

"I don't know enough about the effects of Prozac on a 10-year-old to know what, if any, role it played," he said. "That will certainly be one of the things we'll be looking into."

Lohstroh's attorney, Kathleen Collins of Galveston, adamantly denied allegations of abuse.

"All this stuff being said about him is untrue," Collins said.

Lohstroh and his wife finalized a contentious divorce in May 2003 and had joint custody of the children.

Geisler, 45, is a nurse at M.D. Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, a hospital spokesperson said.

Child Protective Services has a history of involvement with the family, but that information is confidential since the state never took custody of the children and no criminal charges were filed, said CPS spokeswoman Estella Olguin.

Harris County sheriff's detectives are still investigating how the 10-year-old got the gun.

Geisler said the semiautomatic pistol had been kept locked in its case, along with an ammunition clip, in a closet in her room, Geisler said.

She said she thought it was a .40-caliber weapon, but she was not sure.

"It was stored, unloaded and locked," Geisler said. "The clip was out of it."

The boys attend Friendswood schools. The 10-year-old is a fifth-grader at Windsong Intermediate School and his 7-year-old brother is in the second grade at Cline Elementary, a school district spokeswoman said.

Assistant District Attorney Helen Jackson said she urged the juvenile court judge to keep the older boy in a detention center because of the seriousness of the incident.

Under Texas law, children under 14 cannot be certified for trial as adults in criminal court.

Many juveniles are sentenced to incarceration with the Texas Youth Commission and released on their 18th birthdays. But even after reaching that point, Geisler's son could face up to 40 years in adult prison if he is convicted of murder and prosecutors seek to have him sentenced as an adult.

[email protected], [email protected], peggy.o'[email protected]

Reporter Peggy O'Hare contributed to this story.

This article is: http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/front/2769397
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 5:41:59 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 5:52:02 AM EDT
[#35]
While this is just a guess, I wonder if the Mom put the kid up to it.  He left the house and got into the car alone, shoots Dad, then walks back into house and gives gun to Mom.  Sounds like maybe she used a drug addled kid to carry out her revenge.  

It's odd that the daughter stayed inside, the son went out alone,  and the gun was brought right back to the Mom.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 6:00:15 AM EDT
[#36]
The kid is still in custody because they do not want to let the mom have access to him before he can get a psych consult.  

This bitch programmed the kid.   You would be amazed at the shit that's out there on "creating" animosity against the other parent.    They even have studies about it, its called parental alienation syndrome.  

I'd say that the lady is going to have some explaining to do.  She doesn't seem to know that much about the weapon.   When was it purchased.   Why?   If it was stored locked and unloaded how did junior come to load and fire it?  

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 6:04:30 AM EDT
[#37]
From the news reels latest spin.........contentious divorce was putting it lightly.
The divorce was dirty and personally I feel like the WHORE used her kids against their father in more way than one.  I think were gonna find out that mommy sent brother out to dust daddy.....

Fleeting Thoughts:
1. Gun location/condition/status VERY QUESTIONABLE
2. Extremely Dirty Divorce
3. WHORE REMARRIED whilst the inks still wet
4. Daddy there on scheduled pick up
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 8:30:00 AM EDT
[#38]
He was very angry with his father," Geisler said.

UNDERSTATEMENT !!!!!

Link Posted: 9/1/2004 4:43:35 PM EDT
[#39]

Sept. 1, 2004, 2:03PM

Doctor slain by son reported threat by wife
By KEVIN MORAN and RUTH RENDON

GALVESTON - A physician who police say was shot to death by his 10-year-old son once told police the boy's mother threatened to kill the man in his sleep by injecting him with insulin, records show.

The alleged death threat came near the January 2002 collapse of the 13-year marriage between physician Rick Lohstroh and his nurse wife, Deborah Geisler. The alleged threat was just one in a string of arguments that repeatedly brought police to the couple's newly built Friendswood home and resulted in the arrest of each on family violence charges at different times, according to records released Tuesday by Lohstroh's divorce lawyer.

Police records obtained by the Houston Chronicle also show that allegations of Lohstroh sexually abusing his older son were unfounded. Geisler shopped the allegations to authorities in both Harris and Galveston counties to no avail.

Lohstroh denied the allegations. He took and passed two polygraph tests showing he did not abuse his son, according to the police records.

Lohstroh, 41, died Friday after police said his 10-year-old son used Geisler's pistol to shoot him. Lohstroh was shot in his vehicle when he went to his ex-wife's west Harris County home to pick up the 10-year-old and a younger brother for a week's visitation at his Friends-wood home.

Lohstroh and Geisler were married in June 1989 and spent much of their time before their divorce became final in May 2003 fighting bitterly over a variety of issues, including child custody, money and alleged sexual affairs.

Intense arguments
The argument after which Lohstroh told police his diabetic wife threatened to inject him with the potentially fatal drug insulin occurred Oct. 12, 2001. Beforehand, he said, his wife spit in his ear and face.

Lohstroh called police to the couple's Friendswood house after the alleged threat, and officers who responded ended up arresting Geisler on a misdemeanor assault charge after hearing Lohstroh's complaint.

"Geisler then became hysterical," a Friendswood police officer reported. "She began screaming and crying."

Geisler could not be reached Tuesday. Her defense attorney, Chris Tritico, said he did not know enough about the insulin allegation to comment.

Police went to the home in February 2002 after Geisler harangued her husband in the middle of the night about sexual issues. That night, Geisler took a pair of her husband's shoes from the closet and ran tap water into the shoes to damage them when her husband refused to argue, police said.

Police reports show that on numerous occasions Geisler accused her husband of having an affair. He denied it.

Geisler says her sons hated living at their father's home every other week and has maintained that Lohstroh sexually abused the older boy between August 2000 and November 2001.

In February 2002, Geisler accused Lohstroh of violating a protective order, but the claim was unfounded. Three months later, when the couple was in the middle of their divorce, she called Child Protective Services after finding her two sons, then 8 and 5, naked and having a sexually oriented conversation in the family's game room.

The older boy told his mother that "someone would take him and hold him naked against them," according to a complaint filed with CPS in Galveston County and included in a Webster Police Department report. When asked why he hadn't told her sooner, the boy said "because he said he wouldn't love me anymore."

Geisler told CPS she did not know who the perpetrator could be, how many times it happened or whether anything else would happen again.

"The allegation was that someone, sometime, at an unknown place had laid in bed with him except for them wearing a shirt, and the person fondled his private parts," Webster Police Chief Ray Smiley said.

In a report to Webster police five days later, Geisler said she had determined by interviewing her sons that the alleged abuse occurred while the family was staying at a Webster hotel. The family spent a month at the Wellesley Inn & Suites while their home was being built.

In a taped interview with Carmen Sedgwick of the Children's Advocacy Center in Galveston on April 5, 2004, the older boy, who was in the second grade, said his father had sexually abused him.

According to the boy, the incident took place while his brother was in the living area of their hotel suite playing on the computer.

Boy's version challenged
Webster clinical psychologist Sherri Corning was unable to establish whether the older boy was making up the abuse, the police report said. She concluded that the majority of the issues stemmed from the boy witnessing domestic violence situations between his parents.

After visiting the hotel, police determined the computers in the suites are in the master bedroom and not the living room, as the boy had described.

When police confronted the boy, he changed his story to say that the abuse took place on a fold-out couch in the living area.

"The district attorney's office in both counties refused to accept any charges," said Galveston attorney Kathleen Collins, who represented Lohstroh in his divorce. "They found no credible evidence of any sexual abuse."

The 10-year-old boy remains in a Harris County juvenile-detention facility.

[email protected], [email protected], peggy.o'[email protected]

Chronicle reporter Peggy O'Hare contributed to this report.

This article is: http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/front/2771868
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 4:55:28 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Then again we're living in screwed up times too. Maybe he didn't get the PS2 game he was wanting?

Apparently he didn't care too much for his Mother and younger brother either, seeing as how the truck was probably facing the house.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top