Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/28/2004 3:01:45 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 3:04:29 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I've got a region 2 DVD that I bought in London. My DVD Rom on my PC is region free.

I want to copy it and make it region 1, so I can watch it on my home theater, with the standard DVD player, which is not region free (R1).

I used DVD Shrink, but that's as far as I get. I make an ISO, then burn it, but it won't play on my Sony NS-725P - it just says 'unable to play'

How do I finish the job off?

DVDShrink has an option to set the DVD
to region free when encoding. Did you set
that, or did you leave it at R2?
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 3:05:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Ditto

Also, if you have Nero, you don't have to save the ISO.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 3:39:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 3:59:20 PM EDT
[#4]
My region free, uh, backups work just fine.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 6:13:45 PM EDT
[#5]
dvd shrink sucks
it takes waaaaaaaaay too long

I like dvd decryptor and dvd2 one to shrink the movie down to 4 gb
then burn with nero
dvd2one needs a key, but those are easy to get.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 6:15:28 PM EDT
[#6]
cheaters
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 6:29:22 PM EDT
[#7]
i use DVD Decryptor and Elby CloneDvd. Works great.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 6:31:56 PM EDT
[#8]
15 minutes to rip a DVD is too long?
It might be if you are ripping a couple thousand DVD's....

Quoted:
dvd shrink sucks

then burn with nero

Link Posted: 8/28/2004 6:44:47 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
dvd shrink sucks

then burn with nero

It's never taken 15 mins for me. I always try to jack the video quality up as high as possible, and they end up taking 30-45 mins on average.

I'm not using a dinosaur for a computer. I got kickass lite-on drives and a oc'd athlon xp. And its STILL slow as hell.
I find on average I can rip a dvd using decryptor in about 10 mins, and shrink it in another 12-15

To each his own, but I hate DvdShrink
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 7:11:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Then why are you bitching about the time it takes DVD Shrink to rip and shrink a DVD.
It takes DVD Shrink about 15 minutes to rip and shrink a DVD on my system, plus another 10-15 minutes for Nero to burn it.

I have DVD Decrypter, DVD X-Copy and Smart Ripper, DVD Shrink works no better or worse than they do to rip a DVD.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
dvd shrink sucks

then burn with nero

It's never taken 15 mins for me. I always try to jack the video quality up as high as possible, and they end up taking 30-45 mins on average.

I'm not using a dinosaur for a computer. I got kickass lite-on drives and a oc'd athlon xp. And its STILL slow as hell.
I find on average I can rip a dvd using decryptor in about 10 mins, and shrink it in another 12-15

Link Posted: 8/28/2004 7:12:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Some DVD players cannot handle region free discs for some reason.  I've got some region free discs that would play in my DVD player while other's wouldn't.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 7:19:53 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Some DVD players cannot handle region free discs for some reason.  I've got some region free discs that would play in my DVD player while other's wouldn't.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...

Also, the 'dash' and 'plus' media could be a part of the problem.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 7:25:00 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Then why are you bitching about the time it takes DVD Shrink to rip and shrink a DVD.
It takes DVD Shrink about 15 minutes to rip and shrink a DVD on my system, plus another 10-15 minutes for Nero to burn it.

I have DVD Decrypter, DVD X-Copy and Smart Ripper, DVD Shrink works no better or worse than they do to rip a DVD.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
dvd shrink sucks

then burn with nero

because 45 mins is alot longer than 20-25 using decryptor and dvd2one.  Add to that the time it takes nero to burn 12 mins @ 8x.. I can do almost 2 movies in the time it takes shrink to do 1. Not bitching about anything, just stating my prefrence and why. That's still allowed isn't it?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top