Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2004 4:20:31 AM EDT
Very disappointed.  No way would it be like an actual combat situation.  Must be alot better in the US.

The other team cheated SO FUCKING MUCH!  I always called a hit, but when I DEFINETLY hit them numerous times, they dont call out.  One time I was out and saw one of my team mates hit one at least 5 times in the torso and he didnt call out.  Then another team mate who was out already and was standing near me tells him to look behind him so the team mate still in gave up voluntarily cos of an unfair advantage.  There were HEAPS of instances when I definetly hit them.

The paintball gun sights were so shit.  I ended up walking the balls onto the target.  The guns were so fucking inaccurate and beat up.  The "courses" werent very big and we had about 50 people at a time on a course so it was pretty packed.  Most were designed so that we would shoot more which means more money for them.

There was so many muzzle sweeps and triggers on fingers it was not funny.  Before the game even started, I was hit in the arm by my friend 30cm away because he was looking at his gun with his trigger on finger.  I bloody tore into him for doing that.  Thign is, before I got shot, I told him and my mates to keep their fingers off the trigger and point the gun down.  Even after I got hit, he kept muzzle sweeping me with finger on trigger at close range.  Now I have a fucking welt on my arm the dickhead.  Then he shot me on purpose in the first round "cos he was bored".  No way in hell will I take him shooting with me.  

I had to tell people so many times to point their barrel away from me that I just gave up.  The paintball people didnt emphasise much on pointing barrel at ground or keeping fingers on triggers, they focused mainly on how not to damage their gun.

Bloody nobody communicated and teamwork wasnt that good.  I kept popping my head for a look see and telling people where the enemy was but people hardly communicated.  Teamwork/communication was usually "lets go left/right" at the beginning and "you wanna go for a runner?".

Paintball in Aus sucks and is fucking expensive.  Ima stick to the Army if I wanna play war.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 4:22:51 AM EDT
[#1]
It wasn't like an actual combat situation when I played either. It can be fun, but realistic? No way. Those guys take way too many chances they wouldn't take if there were lead flying about.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 4:31:57 AM EDT
[#2]
50 people??  The courses around here at least aren't anything like that .  I've only played a few times but each course I went to is usually some guys private property (read back yard) that just charges you and makes you sign a waiver, they don't even rent equipment.

Playing with friends only usually eliminates the cheating aspect.

It can be fun, I'd give it maybe one more chance.  Combat it's not (not that I've ever been in combat).  Paintballs arent really known for deadly accuracy.  And I doubt I'd run through the woods like a crazed maniac when real bullets are flying.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 4:33:28 AM EDT
[#3]

No way would it be like an actual combat situation

How many real life combat situations have you been in?

SGatr15
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 4:39:40 AM EDT
[#4]

I will bet you can find other people in your area who would like to play a more realistic version of the game.  You could organize a war sim game, with realist rules, played mostly by vets of the Australian military service, or something.  I have played with some vets before, and had a great time.

Link Posted: 8/28/2004 4:51:36 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

No way would it be like an actual combat situation

How many real life combat situations have you been in?

SGatr15

Based on what I have read, and personal accounts from people I know IRL, its nothing like it.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 4:51:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 4:54:33 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Very disappointed.  No way would it be like an actual combat situation.  Must be alot better in the US.

Nope. Paintball guns are so inaccurate that
you cannot think of the game as a "simulation".
There has been so many times that I have
successfully flanked a group of opponents,
had a group of them dead-to-rights, and not
be able to tag them because the gun is only
accurate to about 15 feet.

Think about it in terms of tactics only. Play
a good tactical game and don't worry as much
about the number of "kills" you get. Or, you
can play like most people do and just run around
like a fucking maniac, firing at anything that
moves.

I'm just bitter from being the victim of too many
"blue-on-blue" situations.

Link Posted: 8/28/2004 4:55:37 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I will bet you can find other people in your area who would like to play a more realistic version of the game.  You could organize a war sim game, with realist rules, played mostly by vets of the Australian military service, or something.  I have played with some vets before, and had a great time.

One of my mates says the other place he went to was heaps better and more realistic.  Just that the fuckhead judges and the fuckhead players screwed it up.

The other team shot at us when we surrendered and it was fuckin obvious we surrendered.  They even shot at us while we were in the "waiting area" thingy where you go when you are out.  Once my gun ran out of gas and a staff guy ran over dressed in bright yellow.  I stooed up with my hand in the air indicating I had a problem and not to shoot.  Even with the staff guy there they kept shooting at us and the staff member had to yell at them many many times before they stopped.

If I ever do it again im going to a different place.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 4:58:53 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nope. Paintball guns are so inaccurate that
you cannot think of the game as a "simulation".
There has been so many times that I have
successfully flanked a group of opponents,
had a group of them dead-to-rights, and not
be able to tag them because the gun is only
accurate to about 15 feet.

Think about it in terms of tactics only. Play
a good tactical game and don't worry as much
about the number of "kills" you get. Or, you
can play like most people do and just run around
like a fucking maniac, firing at anything that
moves.

I'm just bitter from being the victim of too many
"blue-on-blue" situations.

The fields were too small and had too many people to utilise any flanking manouvres.  I usually got  hit early after telling my team mates to give me some cover (keep the other teams heads down) and they didnt give me any.  I also "died" when I got splattered and a referee called me out even though I didnt get hit.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 8:54:04 AM EDT
[#10]
I gave up on paintball when I realized it was just a bunch of punk kids fucking around and guys with + $1000 guns firing near full auto.

I had a lot more fun playing paint ball when everyone had a pump action gun and a couple of tubes of refills in their pockets. Now it's just a bunch of assholes playing spray and pray.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 9:03:41 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I gave up on paintball when I realized it was just a bunch of punk kids fucking around and guys with + $1000 guns firing near full auto.

I had a lot more fun playing paint ball when everyone had a pump action gun and a couple of tubes of refills in their pockets. Now it's just a bunch of assholes playing spray and pray.

That is the reason I quit in 95. Thought I would try it again last year. Shit it was worse. If they would have stock class only games I would play in a heart beat. The full auto spray and pray crap ruined the sport.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 9:49:37 AM EDT
[#12]
I used to play and ref. This was four years ago, but still. Had me a nice custom Autococker, none of that electronic crap. And 1000 balls would last me all day (whereas some people went through two cases!), with some left over. You don't have to throw that much paint to be aggressive. I didn't, and I was very pleased with my performance. Of course, the other refs were on tourney teams, so they taught me the value of good communication, which is more effective than a wall of paint.

I remember borrowing the boss man's PGP pistol (yeah, the old stock-class pump, I loved that thing) and playing for a day with 5 "cigar tubes" full of paint. Those were the good ol' days.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top