Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2004 2:52:33 AM EDT
Link

Possible Al Qaeda link between the plane that crashed over Queens 3 years ago.

Any thoughts?
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 3:01:22 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Link

Any thoughts?

I've always felt it was a Shoe bomber in the toilet, he would be next to the rear pressure bulkhead and elevator/rudder control runs and just by the tail and would only need a small explosion to do the business.

Shoe goes bang, bulkhead blows and tail falls off……

"Richard Reid, a British passenger on the Boeing 767, was trying to light a fuse protruding from his shoe, witnesses say. According to the FBI, packed in the sole were enough high explosives to blow a hole in the fuselage of the aircraft. But the attempted bombing was foiled. Two flight attendants struggled with the tall, unkempt man after one of them noticed the sulfurous smell of a lighted match."

ANdy
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 3:02:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Its hard to set off a shoe bomb, and with the security at the time, I doubt it.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 3:03:54 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

No security in a toilet cubicle… and no one suspected a shoe bomb till Reid was overpowered on a later flight.
Andy
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 3:39:00 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Only the vertical stab came off though.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 4:32:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Shit, if I were Al Qaeda, I'd be claiming responsibility for that, the Lakers playoff performance, and the 1988 San Francisco earthquake. Free propaganda with zero risk.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 4:44:35 AM EDT
[#6]
This crash has been suspect ever since it happened.

If I recall correctly, authorities ruled out terrorism hours after the plane went down.....
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 4:44:52 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Only the vertical stab came off though.

I was speaking rhetorically… Vertical Sabiliser came off, only a small bomb… horizontal stab it set quite far back on an A300

ANdy
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 6:16:48 AM EDT
[#8]
no terror link here gentlemen...

The A300 showed cracks all through the vert stab mounts. The acft was damaged while still at the airbus factory when it was built.  at take off, while flying in the vortex of another "big boy" the tabs that hold the vert stab cracked and sheared.

move along.. no speculation  here... please leave tin foil at the door upon exit...
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 6:20:35 AM EDT
[#9]
i think it was a fishy mess, ujust does not add up to me...
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 6:23:53 AM EDT
[#10]
You mean the government lied to us???  You don't say!!!    I can't believe our own govt. would lie to it's own people.  
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 6:33:08 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

The A300 showed cracks all through the vert stab mounts. The acft was damaged while still at the airbus factory when it was built. at take off, while flying in the vortex of another "big boy" the tabs that hold the vert stab cracked and sheared.

move along.. no speculation  here... please leave tin foil at the door upon exit...

And where is the Aribus final assembly????

(so much for "European quality")
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 7:55:19 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Link

Any thoughts?

I've always felt it was a Shoe bomber in the toilet, he would be next to the rear pressure bulkhead and elevator/rudder control runs and just by the tail and would only need a small explosion to do the business.

"Richard Reid, a British passenger on the Boeing 767, was trying to light a fuse protruding from his shoe, witnesses say. According to the FBI, packed in the sole were enough high explosives to blow a hole in the fuselage of the aircraft. But the attempted bombing was foiled. Two flight attendants struggled with the tall, unkempt man after one of them noticed the sulfurous smell of a lighted match."

img.photobucket.com/albums/v133/macandy/reid0216.jpg

ANdy

I always thought that that dude looked like the spawn of Satan.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 7:57:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Take a guess where the Airbus is assembled...

In my experience, the A300 series is the worst aircraft AA has ever bought. (second to the Fokekr 100)

The A300 went out of service for mechanical reasons more times that I can remember.

I would never fly on a A300
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 7:58:28 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No security in a toilet cubicle… and no one suspected a shoe bomb till Reid was overpowered on a later flight.
Andy

no security is correct. but lots of smoke detectors that alert the flight crew
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 10:16:03 AM EDT
[#15]
The aliens who killed Kennedy in conjunction with the gov't forces that brought down TWA 800, the Egypt Air and the Swiss air flights, and that used a Tomahawk on the Pentagon collaberated with the Shadow Gov't forces that wrecked aircraft with no windows into the WTC conspired to bring down AA 587.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 11:14:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Wasn't there a slipup during the 911 hearings where someone sited the plane crash in NY (I don't remember if it was TWA 800 or AA 587) was terror related?

Anyone remember hearing about this?
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 11:23:03 AM EDT
[#17]
I think it was 800 that was mentioned (altho not sure if it was in the formal hearings or not)

If 800 wasn't terror related, why did the bureau take the lead in the investigation? I don't recall that happening in other accidents from the 90's (USAir 427 comes to mind - took them years to decide it was the rudder)
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 11:52:29 AM EDT
[#18]
Typically when terrorist do something, such as downing a large aircraft, they take responsibility for it.  They can't inflict terror if nobody knows the incident was terrorist related.  No terrorist organization ever took responsibility for these accidents.  That's all these incidents were, accidents.  If enough aircraft takeoff over a period of time, sooner or later something bad will happen.  Fortunately for the flying public these things happen very rarely.  
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 12:05:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Bin laden never took responsibility for 9/11.  We just caught some home videos with some rather obvious evidence.  Other than in Israel, where 43 terror organizations claim responsibility for an attack, and one is telling th truth, most of the world terrorists never claim responsiblity.  There may be claims, but never by the ones actually behind the attack.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 12:41:49 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
If 800 wasn't terror related, why did the bureau take the lead in the investigation? ...

I suspect because they thought it might have been when the investigation started.

In general, terrorist acts that are successfully written off as accidents make no sense.  Why even commit them?

No doubt there are occasional exceptions to that – say simply to kill a government official.  
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 12:52:00 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

The A300 showed cracks all through the vert stab mounts. The acft was damaged while still at the airbus factory when it was built.  at take off, while flying in the vortex of another "big boy" the tabs that hold the vert stab cracked and sheared.

Officer Barbrady comes to m ind
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 12:54:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Gunman0, do you really believe that Osama didn't want that tape to get out of him gloating about 911?  No flame dude, I just disagree with you.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 1:15:42 PM EDT
[#23]
It would be good  policy for the government to write off all terrorist acts as accidents.  When terrorists start to see they are getting no reaction they will stop.

We gave Binladin stingers to use against Russia.  It seems likely that he might use them against us.  Was it TWA 800 that over 300 eye witnesses reported seeing a missle streak?  I don't doubt for a minute that may "accidents"  over the years were terrorisim.  But I am not upset that they were "covered up".   When they recieve no credit for their hard work it takes away the terrorist's incentive to do more.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top