Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/28/2004 12:24:30 AM EDT
Allow me to preface this by saying I don't give a shit if anyone, be it at work or here, calls me a cry baby - I refuse to take this shit and keep quiet.

Now, I'm a young guy and work at a hospital. There are ten people in the department, six males and four females with the supervisor being female.

The females basically do the light work of counting par levels on items, restocking, data entry. The males are expected to do the heavy work, this includes moving boxes, furniture, etc., in addition to ALL the work the females do.

We all have the same job descriptions, and the male staff does not get paid more for doing the extra work. Today, a male co-worker and I moved about 70 boxes of files, a desk, and a cabinet. As would be expected, this took a lot out of me. Upon returning to my department I was told one of the floors needed some items that were somewhat heavy. I told my supervisor that I over exerted myself and said I'll ask one of the other guys to take it. I was going to take over what he was doing until he returned, so it's not like I was going to sit and twirl my thumbs. For a moment she didn't object, then came in and began to chastize me (in front of another co-worker) about that not being an excuse, that if I didn't want to do the job I shouldn't complain if my hours are cut, etc.  

Now this is coming from a woman who has in the past said, and I quote "can you guys (referring to another guy and me) go in the store room and organize/sticker the heavy items so the girls can take care of the light stuff?" Another time she instructed a female co-worker to take a cart full of supplies up to a floor to stock and the girl said "it's too heavy" and the supervisor immediately told me to do it instead.

Nearly every day, the supervisor and the other female employees chat it up, stand around and crack jokes, do a one person job together. If any of the males do any of these things, we immediately get shit for it.

I'm not the only guy who is pissed at this situation, and one of the guys has made complaints a couple times. This woman has had people in other departments make complaints about her as well. At this point, I honestly don't care if her life is thrown upside down as a result of further complaints and hopefully drastic action against her.

I know that the normal course of action is to go to HR, but our HR office is staffed completely by women and as such I doubt they will be very willing to take action. I have documented the incidents mentioned above, not all but most times. The next option I suppose is her (our) boss, but he's an executive and pretty much only cares about cutting costs.

What real recourse do I have? I don't buy into the bullshit of working somewhere else if I don't like this, because this is blatant discrimination. Apparently the women are more equal than the men here and that only reinforces my not wanting to take this shit quietly. What is the best way to approach this so I'll have a chance of being successful in either getting this shit to stop or having her fired?

When I was younger I took this kind of crap and didn't complain, but I refuse to ever again be on my knees - especially when it's some nobody who's bossing me around and it's not exactly a high paying career where I might be more inclined to shut up and take it because the pay and or perks are good.

Link Posted: 8/28/2004 12:31:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Stick it in her pooper and  Go to the boss but do NOT bring up the gender issue.  Use names, not gender.  

"She lets Shirley and Ann stand around while me and Mike do this this and this" etc.

Plan out what you are going to say ahead of time and don't get all upset.

As a last ditch effort, go to HR, use the same spiel.

- BUCC_Guy
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 12:31:30 AM EDT
[#2]
If your really pissed and feel justified ..... Then file a complaint , if nothing else it creates a paper trail for your side if things go bad
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 12:56:35 AM EDT
[#3]
file a complaint.

this is why there will never be a women President....can you amagine this country becoming like a "Pussification of America"...

Terriorist attacks and what did the lady President do......she calls  Bin Ladin over for a cup of tea and tries to work things out without while they laugh and tell stories.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 1:12:44 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
file a complaint.

this is why there will never be a women President....can you amagine this country becoming like a "Pussification of America"...

Terriorist attacks and what did the lady President do......she calls  Bin Ladin over for a cup of tea and tries to work things out without while they laugh and tell stories.

No kidding. This fat tub of lard has been kissing ass by buying lunch for the staff, going and buying ice cream and insisting we all take a break and enjoy, "trying" to lighten up... She knows all the guys are just waiting for the chance to fuck her over. It's kind of pathetic that she thinks she's winning us over with this transparent tactic.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 1:16:47 AM EDT
[#5]
WTF?

You a man...they are woman.  You both get paid for the same amount of hours right?  You are stronger and thus EXPECTED to lift the heavier things.

Quit being a cry baby and just do your job as asked.

Then when you need something done that a woman is best at you can have them return the favor.

SGStar15
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 1:19:53 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
WTF?

Then when you need something done that a woman is best at you can have them return the favor.

SGStar15

what they are good at is providing a head job when needed.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 1:25:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Scew that! I do think it's ok for the guys to do some of the heavier lifting, etc.... instead of some of the other stuff, but not that and in addition too the other stuff.

She is showing bias clear and simple and I say go both barrels at her and don't shy away from this fight.

Tell her first to knock it off just that bluntly and if she doesn't you'll report her for harassment. Then go report her anyway because who ever gets to the higher ups first will be seen as the victim and the other person will be seen as the problem.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 1:27:07 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
WTF?

You a man...they are woman.  You both get paid for the same amount of hours right?  You are stronger and thus EXPECTED to lift the heavier things.

SGStar15

We get paid the same and the men do more work. If you're actually serious in your comments, then it's no wonder men are getting fucked by shit like this. Oh, and by the way, the only thing these women are "best" or "better" at is standing around, talking, slacking off, and causing the men to do their work because they were busy fucking around. I think I'll stick to my plan of standing up for myself and not allowing a bunch of cunts to tear me a new one as you suggest.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 1:29:02 AM EDT
[#9]
I thought a woman could do anything a man could do.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 1:37:08 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

We get paid the same and the men do more work. If you're actually serious in your comments, then it's no wonder men are getting fucked by shit like this. Oh, and by the way, the only thing these women are "best" or "better" at is standing around, talking, slacking off, and causing the men to do their work because they were busy fucking around. I think I'll stick to my plan of standing up for myself and not allowing a bunch of cunts to tear me a new one as you suggest.

Life isn't fair.  You want your women to be soft and femine.  So when they act like that you get upset?

What exactly will you be standing up for?  That you work harder then other people and you don't think you should have to?  That you want to be able to work slower like the other workers?  Is that what you are going to tell your boss?  And on top of that you are going to bad mouth the other employees?

Let me tell you a story about a job I had once.  I started at this company and worked my ass off the first 6 months.  My bosses started giving me more and more work each day. while others didn't work nearly as hard.  Usually this didn't bother me.  But one day I got upset and asked my boss why he kept giving me new work while others were slacking off!?!?

He replied: "Because I know you will get it done"

I got promoted fast with that company while others did not.

SGtar15
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 1:37:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Ask your boss "which one of those bitches is going to come over and cook you dinner and do the dishes for you tonight". That should start you off on the right foot.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 1:43:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 1:45:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 1:45:31 AM EDT
[#14]
The problem isn't that the women don't work as hard as men.  They do...when they are in the right element

By this I meen normal "womanly" typoe duties.  Like housecleaning, nursing, cooking, and general secetary work.  But for jobs that require strenght they are just not as capoable as men.

SGatr15
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 1:46:18 AM EDT
[#15]
First, I'd slip a few drops of visine in her coffee. That'll loosen her up- literally! Then I'd get the other guys onboard and start keeping individual logs of all the b.s.(document, document, document).   I would then take a formal complaint up the chain of command, starting with her. If you guys go at her together, you'll have a lot more momentum. The higher ups will then have something tangible to look at. Last resort I would get a (gulp) lawyer to write a letter. The administration might feel like it's easier to move her instead of dealing with a lawsuit.

Please keep us updated. Good Luck. Fight the power.

Link Posted: 8/28/2004 1:47:18 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I thought a woman could do anything a man could do.

Pissing over a pick up truck standing flat foot comes to mind
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 1:48:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 1:53:06 AM EDT
[#18]
Like this woman...

SGatr15
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 1:56:58 AM EDT
[#19]
sgtar15,

Your apologist mentality doesn't sway me.

These cunts want equality? Then I'll be happy to give it to them. They can't do the SAME job as me? DON'T FUCKING PAY THEM THE SAME. We aren't raising children here, we're counting items, restocking, moving supplies around, etc.

If something is too fucking heavy for some "wha wha I demand equality but I'll be damned if I have to work as hard as a man for it" cunt to lift or push, let her go find a job that requires her to sit on her ass all day and type.

What will I be fighting for? My dignity and own self respect. If I can get the fat tub of lard fired, all the better. No, I won't be promoted nor will I be paid more for busting my ass. The guy I was moving the crap with today has been doing parts of the supervisors job, like payroll, interviews, scheduling, etc. and he hasn't been promoted or given a raise. Guess what, the more shit you allow someone to force on you the more you will be worked and expected to perform.

This bitch has said the SAME thing your boss told you at your old job. You know what? If someone else isn't performing the job as they need to, then that person should be fired. These women, and one guy (until he quit recently) are not performing as they should be. Instead of getting rid of them, she rewards them with more hours or lax enforcement of rules/expectations.

Link Posted: 8/28/2004 2:00:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Troy my dear friend allow me to teach you how to be a serious asshole. :) I see you're a Californistanian so I shall edumicate you New Yawker style.

1. Get your job description in writing from this cunt. Make sure she writes in it guys doing hard work so the broads under me can get off easy.

2. with said piece of paper take it to HER supervisor

3. Sit back and ejoy all hell breaking loose.

4. in the event that any of this backfires make a weekly log turned in on your last day of work to her supervisor with everything that's been said. after a few weeks of this something will simply have to be done.

Unless this twat is smart she won't even realize what she's done until it's too late. All the better if you can catch her toward the end of shift when her defenses will be down and she's already given her orders a number of times that day. It *should* be fairly easy since all day she's been thinking 'men work hard, women not at all.' If she asks why say something about having lost your original copy.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 2:04:32 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Like this woman...

www.startribune.com/stonline/images/news18/5hisvar090703.l.jpg

SGatr15

Iron my shirts bitch.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 3:20:57 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 3:47:59 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
If your really pissed and feel justified ..... Then file a complaint , if nothing else it creates a paper trail for your side if things go bad

+1 for the paper trail.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 4:13:15 AM EDT
[#24]
I wouldn't use the term "discrimination" if you talk to HR. The word has been co-opted by women, fags, and minorities, HR will tune you out if you use it. Just frame it in the context of lazy workers vs. hard workers, and be the hard worker.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 4:37:35 AM EDT
[#25]
throw in a sexual  harasment complaint, get her to offer to buy you drinks. fat chicks need love too

set the bitch up. did you see  the movie "disclosure" with michaek douglas??

Plot Summary for
Disclosure (1994)
With his company about to merge, a happily married and successful computer expert is expecting a promotion. Instead the job goes to a woman from another plant with whom he had an affair in his bachelor days. His new boss, not only dangerously sexy but equally dangerously ambitious, tries to pick up where they left off but he just about manages to resist. As his position at work comes under increasing pressure he decides to file charges of sexual harassment. This is the last thing the company needs.

Link Posted: 8/28/2004 4:37:51 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
What real recourse do I have?

www.eeoc.gov

I'm sure there is some state agency also, but don't know what it is in your state.

For what it is worth, I would NEVER go
to the EEOC. I would rather get a different
job than go running to the government. I
could not live with myself knowing that I
was no better than all of the losers who
cry "descrimination" at the drop of a hat.

Sounds like you are in a shitty position that
probably would not get better should you
lodge a complaint. Fuck 'em and bail.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 4:41:49 AM EDT
[#27]
Just put everything on a low shelf and pray they wear skirts and nylons.

SGatr15
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 4:43:30 AM EDT
[#28]

Guess what, the more shit you allow someone to force on you the more you will be worked and expected to perform.

Yeah...what's the problem??

People with more responsibilities become more of an asset to the company...especial if there are every lay offs.

SGtar15
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 4:49:12 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 4:54:50 AM EDT
[#30]
In college, one of the jobs I had was working in the Provost office.

I ended up doing FAR more work than my job description called for, since I would see a need and fill it.   I was doing more work than the other 6 students combined.

I've always treated every job this way - to do MY personal best.  Not to brag, but I'll bet I pay more in taxes than you gross each week.  Hard work and a good education pays off.

You seem to have a real "Lazy-it's not fair-Union" kind of thought process here.

#1 - how old are you?  What is your career path?

#2 - if you are going to be a stock boy moving heavy loads, go work for Fed-X, get paid more and have Union rules to protect you

#3 - I'd recommend you just do you best, and look at moving up the food chain
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 4:59:14 AM EDT
[#31]
Pic of sgtar15 's  Ideal Woman.....

Link Posted: 8/28/2004 5:37:34 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By 82ndAbn
I had 2 females in my squad. On my first patrol as leader, I gave those 2 females the heaviest equipment (before I was leader, only the men carried the MG, radio, etc.) You want equal opportunity? Then carry the same crap we carry. Can't do it? Get the hell out.

Couldn't agree more... And if I remember correctly, the female PT test was alot slacker than for males - what's so equal about that?
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 5:37:40 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Just put everything on a low shelf and pray they wear skirts without nylons

SGatr15

There fixed that up for you.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 6:28:04 AM EDT
[#34]
A_G

It all boils down to you being a DOG working in a CAT world. Hospitals are run by women. It will not get any better no matter what you do. If you keep quiet nothing will change. If you complain you will get run off or moved to some other department where it will start all over again.

About all you can do is out-play the bitch. It is not very difficult if you give it some thought. Start documenting everything. Then sooner or later all that extra lifting and toting is going to strain your back or one of your knees or your neck. Go see your doctor, take a week or two off work, and when you return show up wearing a back brace and walk with a cane. Also spend an hour talking to a lawyer about the situation. The consultation won't cost you very much compared to the value of having him on retainer. Keep his card in your wallet. When they try and fuck with you just whip out the card and suggest that they put everything in writing so that your lawyer can review it.

You now have the upper hand over this fucked up situation.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 7:20:55 AM EDT
[#35]
Yup, start keeping a log of every incident with ba couple of the guys signing it. Go a month or so.

When you walk in with that, it will be very hard for anyone to ignore. HR will have to take action.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 8:29:23 AM EDT
[#36]
I worked for a major mining Co. for over 20 years as a plant Maint. Mechanic, if anyone knows anything about mining you know this is Very Heavy work, and it generally is at the top of top of the labor scale.

Several years ago the Company hired a bucnh of women to fill the equal employment for women quota that the Feminazi's were insisting on, they were given jobs as equiptment operators and general laborers at which they were marginally successful in doing.

In time a group of these feminazi's began to complain that they were not being promoted to work as Mechanics and threatened a suit, because they felt they were being denied the better paying jobs. The   company selected a handful and put them to work as 'Mechanic Helpers' with the understanding that if they performed well they would be given a job as a junior grade mechanic.(in training)

It just so happened that this coincided with our annual rebuild and Crusher retro-fit, Very intense and heavy work where 12 and 16 hr. days were the norm, (this usually lasted about a week).This was also summer in the Mohave desert, 115 deg. average.

The entire mine is down at this time and everyone works balls to the wall to complete the many jobs that have been planned for this time slot.

After just two days the women complained that we were intenionally trying to kill them, and refused to work any longer. The truth was that they were being assigned the easiest of the jobs, i.e. loading tools, cleaning components prior to disassembly, breaking bolts for removal, some light rigging for the crane man,(under direct supper vision).etc etc.

The manager brought them into the office and showed them how they weren't even doing 1/3 of the 'real' work that the men were doing.

This shut this little experiment down for good, they never again complained about being operaters or gen. laborers again.........  
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 8:52:02 AM EDT
[#37]
If anything I would bring it up to HR or her supervisor that she berated you in front of co-workers and expected you to do something that could have injured you. Ya know, you never know. You said you were winded etc. Obviously if one of these women workers were cramping because it was "that time of month" she wouldn't be expected to do much.
I think it is incredibly unfair that they clearly have different job descriptions for men and women. I agree with get your job description in writing and take it to HR. Then point out to HR that no where does it say "men will do... women will..."
I'm a woman and I think that is total BS. If the women they hired are not capable of fulfilling their job descriptions they need to be replaced. Even if it is by a big old bull dyke named Mitch, as long as she can do the job!
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 9:03:04 AM EDT
[#38]
Women have the upper hand at your workplace?
No shit?

Big fucking surprise!
Get used to it Dude. Wait until some whackjob makes false accusations against you. Then you'll really find out. You'll find out that what you say don't mean shit. Afterall, women don't lie do they?
Just drop it is may advice. Keep your options open and keep moving UP!
Better yet, if you can find a career or workplace with most or all men, jump on it. I wish I'd gone into home construction. There are alot of guys doing that here and they are happy as hell for the most part. Nor do they have to put up with any of this bullshit from a bunch of ditzy whiny women. I spend my day with 'em. Lots more nurses than MDs. 80% of the patients I see are women. By the end of the day all I want to do is go out in the forest with my dog and escape all of them. If you are young think about a career change. I'm 45 and may do so anyhow.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 9:21:25 AM EDT
[#39]
I work in a "cat" world also.  A Call Center for a Major telecom co.

Here is what I "heard" will work.  You will need a male co-conspirator.  

About a week before the actual set-up, file an official complaint with HR against the orca.  Tell them she is verbally abusive and you worry she might go farther than that.

You and he are in the stock room.  You ask the bitch to come in for a minute.  Ask her about how she wants things stocked, etc.  After about a minute, have your buddy slap you across the face as hard as he can (hopefully, this will leave a bruise in the shape of a hand).  Immediately, run to HR and tell them that she slapped you after bringing up the complaint.  Take pictures of the "injury".  

I guarantee you there will no longer be any problems...

You just need to learn to fight like a cat.  
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 9:25:24 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
WTF?

SGStar15

Sorry, women demand equal pay for equal work, thus are expected to do the work.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 9:29:08 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 9:36:30 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 9:50:14 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
I was in the Infantry so I never worked with women in the military before.  When I went to the NCO academy, they had all of the MOS's at the same school.

I had 2 females in my squad.  On my first patrol as leader, I gave those 2 females the heaviest equipment (before I was leader, only the men carried the MG, radio, etc.)  You want equal opportunity?  Then carry the same crap we carry.  Can't do it?  Get the hell out.

Women crying for equal pay for equal work - BS!  Where's the equal work in this guy's hosp.?  I would flat-out tell that tramp that she's dicriminating against the men.  And I would say it loudly and in front of as many witnesses I could.

THEN go file a complaint.

This has some merit.

CMOS
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 10:09:06 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
In college, one of the jobs I had was working in the Provost office.

I ended up doing FAR more work than my job description called for, since I would see a need and fill it.   I was doing more work than the other 6 students combined.

I've always treated every job this way - to do MY personal best.  Not to brag, but I'll bet I pay more in taxes than you gross each week.  Hard work and a good education pays off.

You seem to have a real "Lazy-it's not fair-Union" kind of thought process here.

#1 - how old are you?  What is your career path?

#2 - if you are going to be a stock boy moving heavy loads, go work for Fed-X, get paid more and have Union rules to protect you

#3 - I'd recommend you just do you best, and look at moving up the food chain

Actually, I work my ass off and resent you accusing me of being no better than one of these cunts that I work with. I have the same attitude as you, in that I always work hard because the job needs it. However, the more jobs I've had the more I've realized that hard work in THESE kinds of circumstances does NOT pay off. The slackers aren't getting their hours cut, aren't getting berated in front of others, and sure as hell aren't held to the same standard I am.

I refuse to simply go quietly. If things don't improve, I will eventually leave, but I'll be damned if I tuck tail and run before I take a stand and make this fat tub of lard think twice about her little power trips.

Anyway, I know not to use words like "discrimination" especially since I'm a guy as that's a red flag for them to find any technicality to get rid of me. I'm trying to log the incidents as often as I see or remember them, and I'm hoping the other guys will have the fortitude to "stage a coup" so to speak. I don't really want to discuss my concerns with her because she will retaliate by cutting my hours or scheduling me at the worst times. Basically, I'm wondering if HR or her boss is the first place I should go.

Oh, and Paul, life isn't fair? That's all well and good, but these girls better not get paid the SAME or more than me, as is the case, when they do LESS work. I am capable of and in fact do ALL the jobs they do, yet they don't do the extra stuff that I do. How in the hell can you, or anyone, justify them being paid the same as me when this is the case?

Those of you calling me a lazy cry baby don't seem to understand a simple fact. I haven't complained about having to do the work. I don't mind working hard and doing my job. What I resent is the cunts I work with doing LESS work as me and getting treated better and being paid the same. THIS is my point of contention, NOT having to work or do my job. On a side note, this is another reason I hate liberalism as that is why this kind of bullshit exists at work and men have little to no recourse.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 10:19:50 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Pic of sgtar15 's  Ideal Woman.....

www.poeforward.com/mrperfumery/deadgirls/future/pool/1920/billingsley/billingsley00.JPG

hr

Gee Ward... weren't you a little hard on the beaver last night?
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 11:58:12 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Actually, I work my ass off and resent you accusing me of being no better than one of these c**ts that I work with. I have the same attitude as you, in that I always work hard because the job needs it. However, the more jobs I've had the more I've realized that hard work in THESE kinds of circumstances does NOT pay off. The slackers aren't getting their hours cut, aren't getting berated in front of others, and sure as hell aren't held to the same standard I am.

Don't expect them to, it ain't gonna happen.
Like was said, life ain't fair. Get used to it, Bud. Save your money and try to find a way to work for yourself or find another job, career, etc.

I refuse to simply go quietly.

Why not?
Who do you think will be hurt? That's right: YOU!
Rise above it all. You are above it, aren't you?!

If things don't improve, I will eventually leave, but I'll be damned if I tuck tail and run before I take a stand and make this fat tub of lard think twice about her little power trips.

Heheh.
Don't waste your time.
Work hard...do it for yourself. You can look yourself in the mirror every morning can't you?

Anyway, I know not to use words like "discrimination" especially since I'm a guy as that's a red flag for them to find any technicality to get rid of me. I'm trying to log the incidents as often as I see or remember them, and I'm hoping the other guys will have the fortitude to "stage a coup" so to speak.

LMAO.
Testicular fortitude is quite lacking in the American male these days.
Further, what you propose will result in your being fired. Better to leave quietly after finding a better job.

I don't really want to discuss my concerns with her because she will retaliate by cutting my hours or scheduling me at the worst times. Basically, I'm wondering if HR or her boss is the first place I should go.

VERY bad idea.
I have never left any job that did not work out to be a good thing. Usually the change was very good. Always got more money, better hours, better situation all the way around. Look at it that way. Life is an experience.

Oh, and Paul, life isn't fair? That's all well and good, but these girls better not get paid the SAME or more than me, as is the case, when they do LESS work. I am capable of and in fact do ALL the jobs they do, yet they don't do the extra stuff that I do. How in the hell can you, or anyone, justify them being paid the same as me when this is the case?

He can't really but you don't have a bunch of dykes at NOW fighting for your rights. In fact you have no one at all fighting for you really. You're on your own. Just like every other white man. Make the best of it and rise to the top.

Those of you calling me a lazy cry baby don't seem to understand a simple fact. I haven't complained about having to do the work. I don't mind working hard and doing my job. What I resent is the cunts I work with doing LESS work as me and getting treated better and being paid the same. THIS is my point of contention, NOT having to work or do my job. On a side note, this is another reason I hate liberalism as that is why this kind of bullshit exists at work and men have little to no recourse.

I understand your point full well. But it doesn't matter. Seriously.

God, Grant me
the courage to change the things I can,
the serenity to accept the things I  cannot,
the wisdom to know the difference between the two.

I'm still working on the second myself. Sounds like you're working on the second and third.

Link Posted: 8/28/2004 12:07:31 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

That would be an EXAMPLE of how life isn't fair.  Nobody's trying to "justify" to you, just pointing out the reality of how the world works.

I completely agree with you that you're getting the short end of the stick.   However, I find myself wondering if it's really a gender issue at all, or just the fact that this bad supervisor is giving her FRIENDS (who happen to be women) the easy stuff and making you and others who aren't her friends work harder.

I think you could certainly try to file a complaint with her boss, so that there's some paper trail of your greivance - but I wouldn't hold your breath for anything to change.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 12:09:39 PM EDT
[#48]
pooper & pics !
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 12:28:54 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
pooper & pics !

Thats officially been done on ARFCOM already..............
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 12:46:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Next time you're told to do the heavy lifting... Fake a back injury and then... no more lifting!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top