Link Posted: 8/27/2004 11:57:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Come on all you nightowls,nightshift ARFCOMERS , help a brother out
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 12:10:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Eudora sucks... and i know that from back when i had a mac
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 1:55:46 AM EDT
[#3]
I have run all three, and Thunderbird is by far the best.  
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 2:12:07 AM EDT
[#4]
I have all three, and the paid version of Eudora is the best by far.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 2:49:48 AM EDT
[#5]
I dont think i'll pay for email, thunderbird is doing just fine thank you
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 10:27:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Thunderbird cant check hotmail accounts without 3rd party addons. I stick with outlook express.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 10:29:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Thunderbird.  Eudora sucks goat ass and Outlook Express, regardless of how many "Security Updates" Microsnot puts out, is full of holes.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 11:06:38 AM EDT
[#8]
My family and I use Thunderbird...Its fine.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 11:37:40 AM EDT
[#9]
I haven't tried thunderbird so I can't comment.

I've used outlook and outlook express and if you even have to ask the question....you shouldn't be using either one.

I've used Eudora for years (I only use the sponsored 'free' version since the ads are frigging *tiny* and unnoticeable) and I use it heavily for business (~100 emails/day) over 1000 spam items/day to be filtered. I'm very happy with it.

Since it's been around for a while Eudora has some truly excellent 3rd party addins (like the free Bayesian filtering program spamnix) and the email database/backup program 'asksam'.

In my opinion it's very robust and designed to work with multiple accounts and personalities. I've had no reason to look anywhere else.

As long as you move away from Outlook you shouldn't be too worried.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 12:09:36 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm using Firefox, which I like a lot better than IE Exlorer.  How different is Thunderbird?  Did I grt the wrtong Mozilla product?
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 5:43:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Thunderbird is the email program.

I use both Firefox and Thunderbird at home. Both are just simply better than Outlook/Internet Exploder.

I will never go back to non-tabbed browsing, and OE is still full of holes, and still has no built in anti-spam measures.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 6:37:28 PM EDT
[#12]
All three suck.  Get Incredimail.  You will know why when you start using it.  Free download at
Incredimail.com.   If you like it, you can purchase it for $29.95 for a one time fee.  I have it and
love it.

Link Posted: 8/29/2004 6:47:41 PM EDT
[#13]
I think if I were a PR guy tasked to name the new drugs my company was coming out with after all of the illegal stuff became legal, I would call them Mozilla, Thunderbird, Eudora, and Outlook Express.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top