Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2004 10:54:27 PM EDT
"We're close! Up an at 'em!"

I was in the top bunk, and Doc was below me. As I got out, I slipped and landed on top of Doc and we both landed in a heap on deck.

We both grabbed the same pair of pants and pulled a real Laurel ad Hardy, both trying to put the same pair on. He figured out they were mine, smacked me, removed his leg and I stuffed my leg into the pantleg.

Only to find they were on backwards.

So I said, WTF, and buttoned them and headed to the galley to eat.

3 1/2 minutes  and 6 eggs, a bowl of grits laced with maple syrup, a mountain of hash browns, a couple slabs of ham, a couple pancakes and a quart of OJ later, I put my raingear on

Everyone had seen my pants, nobody commented. On went the raingear and out on deck I went.

Sometime after a while, I found time to turn my pants around. Nobody commented.

Four days later, as we were loaded and headed to port to deliver our fish, I was up relieving Doc, who was on wheel watch. I took over and started steering.

"Something to be said for having a job where nobody cares if you show up with your pants on backward, isn't there?"

I grinned.

Years later, I think there really IS something to be said for that.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 5:28:47 PM EDT
[#1]
wtf.

figured I'd todss this out again.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 5:36:15 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
"We're close! Up an at 'em!"

I was in the top bunk, and Doc was below me. As I got out, I slipped and landed on top of Doc and we both landed in a heap on deck.

We both grabbed the same pair of pants and pulled a real Laurel ad Hardy, both trying to put the same pair on. He figured out they were mine, smacked me, removed his leg and I stuffed my leg into the pantleg.

Only to find they were on backwards.

So I said, WTF, and buttoned them and headed to the galley to eat.

3 1/2 minutes  and 6 eggs, a bowl of grits laced with maple syrup, a mountain of hash browns, a couple slabs of ham, a couple pancakes and a quart of OJ later, I put my raingear on

Everyone had seen my pants, nobody commented. On went the raingear and out on deck I went.

Sometime after a while, I found time to turn my pants around. Nobody commented.

Four days later, as we were loaded and headed to port to deliver our fish, I was up relieving Doc.

"Something to be said for having a job where nobody cares if you show up with your pants on backward, isn't there?"

I grinned.

Sailor talk I assume.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 5:42:36 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I grinned.

As a doc, I wear shirt and tie, white coat and everything is perfectly ironed.  It would be nice to go into work in a pair of jeans and a T-shirt.

What kind of fish?  I absolutely love fishing over almost everything else.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 5:48:06 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
What kind of fish?  I absolutely love fishing over almost everything else.

IIRC, we were fishing Black Cod (sablefish) at the time. I took the job NOT to fish sablefish, but to fish Halibut. The Black Cod fishing was just a profitable fill-in between Halibut openings.

A case of taking the shit with the sugar.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top