Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/27/2004 10:18:48 PM EDT
What do you guys recommend..?? I need to pack up my 16 in upper to send to ADCO..for some um...remodeling work.

Whats the best way to pack it so it doesnt get damaged.and who would you use to ship...?

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 10:20:08 PM EDT
[#1]
fed-ex next day and a boatload of bubble wrap
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 10:28:04 PM EDT
[#2]
And if they ask it is a machine part
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 10:36:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Reinforce both ends with spare cardboard. Make sure that the machine parts cannot slide along the legth of the upper. Use LOTS of newspaper to make the interior solid. And like I said, reinforce the ends with cardboard... ya don't want the "tube" end of your machine part poking out the end of the box.

BTW, my livelihood is selling people parts and shipping said parts to them.

Chris
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 10:52:46 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
And if they ask it is a machine part

That is exactly what I put on my slip when I had to specify what it was.  Guns are machines, so you aren't lying.

What I did to the ends after lots of news paper was tape two plastic drinking cups over it. Sturdy and fast.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 11:06:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Send it to: ADCO F.A.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 7:38:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Awesome.thanks....
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:50:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Well..that was an adventure.:) Im all packed up...and ready to go...

I started feeling uneasy...as this is my only AR....what do I do if ZOMBIES attack...?? Will 2 -.40 cal Glocks be enough to fend off the evil beasts...??

Just wanted to say thanks for the suggestions...I doubt Steve is gonna be able to get it out!!!LOL!
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 12:00:46 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
as this is my only AR....!

Dang rookies......
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 12:18:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Yup..yup...Im a one rifle guy...but hey, under the circumstances..I think Im doing well just to have an AR and a few handguns with 2 kiddos, a new house, and 2 vehicles...Im not rich ya know..:)
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:14:18 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Well..that was an adventure.:) Im all packed up...and ready to go...

I started feeling uneasy...as this is my only AR....what do I do if ZOMBIES attack...?? Will 2 -.40 cal Glocks be enough to fend off the evil beasts...??

Just wanted to say thanks for the suggestions...I doubt Steve is gonna be able to get it out!!!LOL!

I feel you.  I'm sending mine to Steve on Monday, don't know how I'll go a whole week without it.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top