Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/27/2004 9:47:23 PM EDT
I’m just feeling some pain and whining  

Not really for sale yet, but it’s coming…

Mitchell Arms AK:
Under folding stock with break – no bayo lug.
Oak furniture I believe.
Marked AK-47 then covered up and marked M-90 with electric pencil.
MADE IN YUGOSLAVIA
ZASTAVA Kragujevc
Super Clean

M1 – Springfield CMP in the original CMP box
Some wear near the muzzle and bayo lug.
Otherwise excellent condition
Was sold to me as “correct and complete”
Beautiful red tinted stock.

The Russian  and Yugo SKSs , Savage 30.06 etc. will be going too.  Just not much, if any money to be made there and the ex wants a LOT of MONEY!

I’ll have to sell the house too, that means Buddy and Leo have to go.  I can do without the house but not the dogs.

Did you guys have to do this?  

How can a very nice woman become such a "C" word?
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 9:58:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Fuck man, been there done that.

The house was the hardest to lose...

You can always get more guns and you can always find someone better to be with...

my .02
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 9:59:43 PM EDT
[#2]
M1... price?

And I will make you the same deal that I made with my friend that sold me his bass. If I were to sell it, He is the FIRST ONE I would call should I want to sell it. So you know, If I were to sell the M1... I would call my friend first.... JUST KIDDING!!! I would call you first.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 10:00:16 PM EDT
[#3]
just be glad you didn't get the stinkin cats like I did...
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 10:05:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I was "lucky" enough not to have anything when I got divorced. Well, I had a '66 Galaxie that she wanted, so I gave it to her and bought a '72 Catalina. (This was in '82).
 We also had a rather dramatic child-kidnapping thing going on with my daughter, but I won that and got custody of her.
 Other than that, mine was pretty slick.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 10:26:29 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
M1... price?

And I will make you the same deal that I made with my friend that sold me his bass. If I were to sell it, He is the FIRST ONE I would call should I want to sell it. So you know, If I were to sell the M1... I would call my friend first.... JUST KIDDING!!! I would call you first.

SHE bought me the f'n M1 for Christmas!

I’d been talking about a GI carried M1 for years.  We went to a gun show and a guy had several beautiful rifles.  I showed her a Springfield that fit the date range I’d guessed.

She pretended to go shopping latter a bought the thing for $1000.  Kept it quiet for 3 months and gave it to me for Christmas...

I found out later she’d probably paid too much but I didn’t care.  I was stunned and loved it.

Sorry, I got off on a thing…  Send me an IM.   I’d rather someone like you have it.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 10:30:48 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
just be glad you didn't get the stinkin cats like I did...

I stop breathing around cats.

I better check the attic now that I think about it...  
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 11:13:15 PM EDT
[#7]
In my case 5+ years ago , I gave her the house and everything in it , I kept my Business and most of my clothes .  I literally moved out with 2 suitcases and a 20x20 " box . We are still friends and I help her out when she needs it on top of Child Support that’s due to legally end soon  . But I don’t count it because they are my kids and I will help them any way I can as long as I'm still breathing .

As for the woman you loved turning into a Total "C" ............ That’s life

Mine freely admits now that it was all her fault , and knows that I tried  to keep it together , but at that time there was nothing I could have said or done to change the fact that she was depressed and unhappy with her life .  
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 12:02:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Sounds like a "see you next Tuesday".
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 4:30:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Been there, done that, got the forty-two pages of court decrees and orders even with giving the ex-wife everything including both sons, the car, all the belongings and me taking all the debt.  I got to keep my clothes, books, and firearms.  The ex is a passive-aggressive type.  I ended up selling most of the firearms after the smoke had cleared so I could buy clothes and food during the financial recovery.  

After the divorce, I worked harder than ever in my career.  The effort has paid off and I'm doing okay now.  I also looked overseas and found the most awesome lady, Mrs. Different.  We've been married five years now and the marriage gets better every day.  She LOVES firearms too.  She has her own two M1A rifles and goes with me every time out to the desert to plink and target shoot.  She wants her own NFA Registered machine gun.   Here's a picture of us this past May.

Link Posted: 8/28/2004 6:19:08 PM EDT
[#10]
I will buy them all for $ 1 .
When your divorce is final I will sell them all back to you for $1.01 .

Gotta make  profit .
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 6:25:02 PM EDT
[#11]
My lawyer advised me not to sell or get rid of my firearms due to the same reasone you are now suffering. It's like saying you did something wrong when you didn't & looks worse than keeping them.

Hang tuff,....it gets better every day for me that she os gone to him. I just hope he doesn't think he can return her, or try for a refund!
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 6:27:40 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I’m just feeling some pain and whining  

Not really for sale yet, but it’s coming…

Mitchell Arms AK:
Under folding stock with break – no bayo lug.
Oak furniture I believe.
Marked AK-47 then covered up and marked M-90 with electric pencil.
MADE IN YUGOSLAVIA
ZASTAVA Kragujevc
Super Clean

M1 – Springfield CMP in the original CMP box
Some wear near the muzzle and bayo lug.
Otherwise excellent condition
Was sold to me as “correct and complete”
Beautiful red tinted stock.

The Russian  and Yugo SKSs , Savage 30.06 etc. will be going too.  Just not much, if any money to be made there and the ex wants a LOT of MONEY!

I’ll have to sell the house too, that means Buddy and Leo have to go.  I can do without the house but not the dogs.

Did you guys have to do this?  

How can a very nice woman become such a "C" word?

Just another reason for me to never get married.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 6:33:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 6:40:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Hang in there, Attman.  

Link Posted: 8/28/2004 7:05:42 PM EDT
[#15]
I got lucky.  My divorce was pretty smooth and easy.  All the same I don't plan on ever marrying again.

Good luck to you and hang in there.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 7:09:15 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Hang in there, Attman.  

+1

My brother just went through the same thing.  Thoughts and preyers are with you man!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top