Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/27/2004 6:15:54 PM EDT
As I was leaving work today, my boss asked if I would like to go to El Paso to help with the training for a Amada turret punch machine we are sending to one of our sister plants.  He said that myself and another co-worker would spend 1 week there, come home for a week, and then one more week in El Paso.  I told him that was fine with me. (Seeing as I don't have a life! )  As we will be flying, I'm not sure if I want to go through the hassle of taking my CCW weapon with me, even tho Texas does have a reciprocity agreement with North Carolina.  I guess I'll find out more of the details later.  Hey, does this mean I can get me a "I was anal probed by the TSA and all I got was this lousy T-shirt" T-shirt?

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 6:27:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Ar50troll

Thanks for the link.  I downloaded the pdf file of the CCW laws, so I will at least know what they are when I go to El Paso.  (If I go)

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 6:47:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Make sure you hit Stateline BBQ at least one night there- awesome brisket, sausage, and pork ribs.  It's on the West side of town.

Crossing the bridge into Juarez and taking a quick walk during the daytime is interesting too.  A different and depressing world just over the river.  Don't bring a gun or ammo into Mexico though.

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 7:08:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Let me know when you get in and we'll go shoot at the R&G if you're interested.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 7:19:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Thx for the invite Omar.  When I find out more of the detail I will let you know.  I hope that the hotel we will be staying at has wireless internet access.  Got to keep up the going ons here on ARFCOM.   Oh, and thxs ED_P, you went and made me hungry.  

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 7:19:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Don't even have so much as an empty .22 shell in the back of your pickup...

or if you do, at least have a ready supply of dough to bribe the border guard "pay the fine".
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 7:26:28 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

or if you do, at least have a ready supply of dough to bribe the border guard "pay the fine".

Not to worry,  I have no inclination to go to Mexico.  I mean, why?, aren't all the Mexican trying to come here?  

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 7:40:12 PM EDT
[#8]
btw, on behalf of all the Texans here, let me assure you that El Paso is NOT indicative of the rest of Texas. I've lived here ny entire life, and Ive only been into El paso twice.

damn. just spilled a drink.... fortunately for the floor, my computer caught most of it
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 7:41:06 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not to worry,  I have no inclination to go to Mexico.  I mean, why?, aren't all the Mexican trying to come here?  

Vulcan94

hehehehe
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 7:43:38 PM EDT
[#10]
"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas,"
-Davy Crockett

Link Posted: 9/16/2004 6:15:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Update.  Looks like my trip is on hold.  I talked to my boss today and they have decided to only send me to Texas if they have any problems with the Amada turret punch once they have it set up.  Oh well, I guess all the research I did on flying with a firearm will be useful someday.  

Vulcan94
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top