Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2004 5:46:05 PM EDT
KC metro area.  5 inches in the past hour.  They just shut down a major north south highway cause a creek flooded over it.  Can't wait to see the news tomorrow and see how many drunks thought they could drive through it.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:48:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I like water
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:50:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Send some of it this way.  I've forgotten what the stuff looks like
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:53:28 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Send some of it this way.  I've forgotten what the stuff looks like

+1
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:53:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Keep it in KC. My yard has had standing water in it for a day.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:58:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Sheee-it!!! Nasty line of storms headin yur way!!

COVER!!!

Well, maybe not quite yet...

BE SAFE
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 7:49:22 PM EDT
[#6]
8 inches so far in the past few hours.  It's still a comin'.   Heavy rain is still 100 miles east of here and heading this way...

For anyone that knows the KC area the creek on the Plaza is almost over the banks and all of the Shawnee Mission area is a mess (it usually floods over there with only an inch or two).   News said they've had 25 high water rescue calls so far.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 8:13:29 PM EDT
[#7]
My bad, my bad.

I'll stop the rain dancing.

- BUCC_Guy
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 8:18:52 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
My bad, my bad.

I'll stop the rain dancing.

- BUCC_Guy

Please do.  This is only the second dry weekend I’ve had in months.  I don’t know about anywhere else, but here in Pa we’ve had an exceptionally wet summer.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 8:20:59 PM EDT
[#9]
... One of the hardest downpours I've ever experienced was in KC.

... I was on a motorcycle, headed for the east coast. First time on that trip I was doubting my motives.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 4:55:45 AM EDT
[#10]
CQ Kansas City... CQ Kansas City...

Did you folks survive the rain???

It had to be pretty windy on the Kansas side too, since we all know that KCMO sucks so much!

Unless you live on the good MO side, then it must have been because KS blows
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top