Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/27/2004 4:30:12 PM EDT
Hello Folks,
I got a few extra bucks and thought about adding something really different to my firearm collection and wanted to know if anyone owned a Cobray semi 9m.m. or Scorpion semi 9m.m. If so, are they worth a hoot? Do they feed well and are they capable of bump firing? ( I know you would need a fake suppresor on the Cobray to have something to push forward for bumpin.) If these are really pieces of junk, please advise. For the cheap prices that they want, I'm leary of the quality.
Thanks in advance for any input.
Base-Rigger
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 4:34:01 PM EDT
[#1]
They are Cheap.  It's all a matter of preference.  One tihng...the square recoil pad in the rear that the bolt slams against goes bad quick.  Buy a few of these as part of a field repair kit.  They are politically incorrect guns.  Hell that's all the more reason to buy one...Actually buy 2 and get one of the Uncle Mikes double shoulder rigs and do your Matrix impression at the range...
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 4:42:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Fortier did an article on the Skorpion Machinepistol in SGN in the springtime. It was a good read.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 4:50:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 4:57:51 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The Cobray is cheap, fun and very non-PC!

Excellent funtoy, stay away from the scorpion.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:03:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Where could a person get one of these cobrays?
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:06:11 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

The Leinad is made from Cobray parts.  Cheapest I seen is is 189 on www.gunsandstuff.com

I bought 2 from there.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:13:35 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

...don't forget it's also unpleasant to fire (trigger slap)!
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:23:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:26:41 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Here: Tactical Inovations

Of course these are the Class III guns, but that's the best way to shoot them.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 8:14:54 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

...don't forget it's also unpleasant to fire (trigger slap)!

wear a glove!

A glove does not help.  Try this experiment to approximate the Cobray example of trigger slap.

Take your hand and lay it palm up on the table.  Now,  take a ball peen hammer and slam your trigger finger as hard as you can. Repeat  to simulate a full magazine.

For two months I juggled springs,  rubber trigger covers,  and gloves. Even went so far as to wrap my trigger finger in 1/4" of electrical tape.  No good.

I traded mine for a used NHM 91 with 10 mags and certainly got the better of the deal.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top