Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/27/2004 4:06:19 PM EDT
This'll be a good race. Tonight is the Busch race and tomorrow night the Cup race. My brother Mike lucked out and a buddy of his had an extra ticket for tonights race so he's there, somewhere in that crowd.  If ya'll want to see some bumpin' and bangin' this is THE race.  
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 4:09:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 4:10:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Not an open hotel room from Roanoke to Knoxville.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 4:14:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks to be a pretty big crowd for a Busch race.  I started to go to the truck race Wed. night, looked like rain and I didn't want to deal with the enormous crowds over there.

I try to avoid the Tri-Cities during fall race week.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 4:17:30 PM EDT
[#4]
LOL, dang, didn't even hardly get a lap in and BANG, wreck.  This is a tough track to run. Looks like that'll need some body work.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 4:19:19 PM EDT
[#5]
You ever been inside the track Frank?
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 4:22:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Not yet, I've been to Nashville SuperSpeedway twice this year though.  My brothers used to go to NASCAR races all the time, that was back before I knew them, I got adopted out because my birth mom died 9 days after I was born so I didn't grow up with them and didn't even know about them until alittle over 2 years ago.  My brothers and I have really bonded quite a bit in the short time we've been back together.  Maybe next year I'll make it to a race. I've always been more of a NHRA kind of guy but I am really getting into and liking the heck out of NASCAR, especially the Trucks.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 4:27:40 PM EDT
[#7]
If you've been inside the track, and especially if you've been on the track, you can see why they get piled up so quickly.

That place is a soapbox.  I'd love to have a seat in the north stands over turns 1 & 2.

And TV doesn't really give you an idea of how steep those banks are.  
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 4:30:19 PM EDT
[#8]
I"m going to try to take in a bunch of races next season.  Hockey season will also be starting up real soon. Went to a bunch of Predators games last season, even a Playoff game. Hockey and Racing are about my favorite two sports.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 4:31:34 PM EDT
[#9]
My aunt lives about 10 blocks from the stadium.  She makes $1000+ per race parking cars in her yard.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 4:34:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Awwww Jeeezzz dont remind me... I was trying to avoid the race
this week end, Just found out last month that my tickets fell thru
It aughta be a good one though it always is. There is nothing better
then a nignt race, especialy a Bristol
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 4:36:27 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Well, heck, pull up a chair, open a cold one and watch it from the "best seat in the house". Being there is cool and all but you see alot more on the tube.  That's an idea, we should get a bunch of ARFCOMers together and take in a race sometime.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 4:37:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Short track racing sucks ass...At least for NASCAR.  Plate races are the nailbiters.  But I am watching.  1st lap caution.  I though these guys were pros
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 4:40:19 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Short track racing sucks ass...At least for NASCAR.  Plate races are the nailbiters.  But I am watching.  1st lap caution.  I though these guys were pros

They are but they're also trying to win and that means go as fast as you can as soon as you can. Besides, this track is real bad for bangin' up cars.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 4:41:56 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They are but they're also trying to win and that means go as fast as you can as soon as you can. Besides, this track is real bad for bangin' up cars.

Tell me about it.  Is this the 2nd or 3rd caustion.  I can't keep up with the board cuz I keep hereing "TROUBLE"
I'm happy too...I don't like Biffle.

As Harvick stated...Biffles an Idiot...
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 4:58:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Man, it's looking like the Demolition Derby at the State Fair out there tonight. I guess if you wanted to mess up a car this is the track to take it to.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:00:10 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, heck, pull up a chair, open a cold one and watch it from the "best seat in the house". Being there is cool and all but you see alot more on the tube.  That's an idea, we should get a bunch of ARFCOMers together and take in a race sometime.

Thats sounds like a plan in the making
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:02:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Thanks for posting...I didn't realize they were night races this week.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:07:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Now Robbie Gordons out.  This is getting to be a good race.  Biffle out, Gordon out.  I'm happy!
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:10:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Long as Michael Waltrip can finish I'll be happy. I like that guy, he's got a good sence of humor and seems like a nice guy.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:11:32 PM EDT
[#20]
OH MAN, Waltrip got into the back of Kitchens, Look out.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:13:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Yeah, I like Mikie.  Too bad for him.  What these guys are doing tonight ain't racing but it sure has been fun to watch so far.  I would hate to be a car owner tonight.  Shit at this rate there won't be anyone left
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:15:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:16:58 PM EDT
[#23]
This reminds me more of a Sprint Car race I watched a week or so ago from Knoxville IA(yep, they've got a Knoxville in Iowa too,LOL).  Dang ol' bump and run man, it's an art that ya' have to have down pat to do any good at Bristol.  
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:17:39 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Yeah, I like Mikie.  Too bad for him.  What these guys are doing tonight ain't racing but it sure has been fun to watch so far.  I would hate to be a car owner tonight.  Shit at this rate there won't be anyone left

Why, pray tell, isn't this racing?
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:18:44 PM EDT
[#25]
I dig nascar, but I get a bigger charge out of open wheel racing.  I wish the Indy car guys and CART could get their differences taken care of.  These 18 car fields are lame.  F1 is to Gentlemans racing like for me.  Ohh yeah...another caustion..What's that 8 or 9
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:19:43 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why, pray tell, isn't this racing?

Well racing the cars are moving.  This has been a crash up derby so far.  U You always see this at Bristol and Dover.  But damn they are a wrekin tonight!
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:20:03 PM EDT
[#27]
And this is just Busch, wait for the Cup race tomorrow night, that'll be one heck of a show.  
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:21:34 PM EDT
[#28]
I hope Kenny Wallace isn't out, I like ol' Kenny, he's a card. That laugh of his, Dang,LOL
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:22:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Looks like he's gonna go down at least a lap.  he's a good guy.  Funny as hell.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:23:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Bump and run boys, Bump and run. WOOOHOOO,
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:28:53 PM EDT
[#31]

I like Bristol.

If the homeboy drunkard and his boy Truex fall out of the race, I'll be happy.

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:45:04 PM EDT
[#32]
That brunett would be cute if you'd clean her up a bit,LOL
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:50:32 PM EDT
[#33]
And what is all the big stinkin' deal about Earnhardt Jr.? I mean I feel bad that Sr. got killed and all(I'm sure we all do) but other then that what's the big deal?  
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:52:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Dang, ol' 46 just shaved a RCH off of the pit wall, that was a close one.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:52:04 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
And what is all the big stinkin' deal about Earnhart Jr.? I mean I feel bad that Sr. got killed and all(I'm sure we all do) but other then that what's the big deal?  

NASCAR is trying to groom him to fill his daddies shoes.
Not gonna be a easy feat(pun intended)

Ohh yeah..TROUBLE  number 10...I think.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:55:27 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:
And what is all the big stinkin' deal about Earnhart Jr.? I mean I feel bad that Sr. got killed and all(I'm sure we all do) but other then that what's the big deal?  

NASCAR is trying to groom him to fill his daddies shoes.
Not gonna be a easy feat(pun intended)

Ohh yeah..TROUBLE  number 10...I think.

I mean, granted, he is a good driver but he's not anywhere close to as good as his dad was. Plus, there's a lot of other good drivers in NASCAR today.  Heck, Khane,Kyle Busch,Harvick, Kenny Wallace,et al are all pretty good drivers.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 6:00:56 PM EDT
[#37]
TROUBLE
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 6:03:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Yep, time to get another Bud Ice.  Since I quite drinkin' it's funny how one beer will get me a buzz, LOL. I guess I'd be a cheap date, but not an inexpensive one.LOL  Dang, and just think, my luckey dog brother is there in that crowd somewhere. Hope he's feeling ok, he was having some trouble with gall stones earlier today.
 Boogiedy, Boogidey, Boogidy, here we go, WOOOHOOO.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 6:12:54 PM EDT
[#39]
What, no "FUCK YOU you anti NASCAR fucks" comment from TexRedneck??

What is this world coming to??
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 6:14:35 PM EDT
[#40]
So far we've not had any "anti-NASCAR" types in this thread, guess they all must be watching the race.LOL
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 6:16:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Looks like we're going to get a "green,white, checker" race.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 6:22:59 PM EDT
[#42]
Well, my brother will be happy, his boy Jr. won  the dang  race. I kind of wanted to see Kyle Busch get it but oh well.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 6:28:35 PM EDT
[#43]
Well, the Cup race is tomorrow night at 7pm EST(6pm CST) ya'll be there. I know I will.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 3:41:51 PM EDT
[#44]
w00t!  Cup race time!!!
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 4:39:58 PM EDT
[#45]
My darn brother really lucked out. The guy that he went to the Busch race with last night had tickets for tonight as well so he's there watching this race too. So far it's been one heck of a fun race but there's still alot of racing to go.  Hate to see Kyle Petty knocked out of it. Hopefully someone other then Jr. will win for a change. As long as it's not Jeff Gordon doesn't win I'll be ok.  It'd be nice to see ol' Sterlin Marlin win one, kind of a "home town" guy and all.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 6:04:51 PM EDT
[#46]
This has been a fairly clean race so far. Harvick had his left arm go to sleep because of the seat pushing on it from all the green flag racing. Looks like it going to end up being a big finish, this should be cool.  Kyle Petty, who was out with  car problems is replacing Kevin Harvick. This should be interesting.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 6:08:00 PM EDT
[#47]
Wreckin' Robby Gordon spins Jarrett causing a pileup.  What a surprise...
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 6:10:05 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Wreckin' Robby Gordon spins Jarrett causing a pileup.  What a surprise...

Quit your whinin...wasn't intentional.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 6:21:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Ahh, man, my boy(Michael Waltrip) took some damage on that one. Ol' Mark Martin got hit good too. This is starting to get good.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 6:30:57 PM EDT
[#50]
My money is on Dale Jr or Busch.  Johnson will finish 5-10.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top