Posted: 8/27/2004 11:48:48 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 11:51:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 11:51:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Bingo!
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 11:53:17 AM EDT
[#3]
So have I told you about the time when I trained the SEALs and Green Berets in super CQB for use in Iran and China and North Korea? I'm so kick-ass!!
j/k
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 11:54:02 AM EDT
[#4]
What about the Czech Airsoft Rangers?  

They're the fershizzle when it comes to force-on-force training!
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 11:54:16 AM EDT
[#5]
you mean, people who talk about being a combat hero usually AREN'T!?!

Does this mean John Kerry might be a...a....a BIG FAT FUCKING SMELLY HIPPY LIAR!?!?

Huh.  Whodathunk
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 11:54:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 11:59:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 12:03:31 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I burned Poop in cut-down 55gal drums during the war! (and I have pictures to prove it)....

The price for being "in the rear with the gear and the beer"?  (no insult intended)
Oh, and what a shitty job.  (sorry, had to be said)

ETA:  Thanks for serving!
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 12:04:58 PM EDT
[#9]
I drank prodigious amounts of port in the officer's mess - and I have the kidney to prove it!!  
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 12:09:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 12:10:36 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Dude, you SO don't know what you are talking about.............

Check out this pic:
I'm teasing & there is no pic.

Maybe he does not have a high enough security clearance to see it.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 12:26:50 PM EDT
[#12]
WTF are you calling me a liar?! Here's a picture of me and my squad doing a live fire exercise!

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 12:43:20 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
WTF are you calling me a liar?! Here's a picture of me and my squad doing a live fire exercise!

www.bennett.com/archives/redneck.jpg

ROFLMAO
love it luv it
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 12:46:06 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Hey how'd you get my pic
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 12:46:16 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I am embarassed to see that picture.

96Ag
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 12:52:54 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm so high-speed I thought you were talking about being on cable or DSL

I've been open about the fact I got DQ'ed, so it's gonna be hard to tell my stories of "when I was on the teams"
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 1:01:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 1:19:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 1:21:16 PM EDT
[#19]
I was in the Navy.  Not the SEALs but the SNIPES.   I was skilled at wiping oil and cleaning bilges.  I have no pics of the bilges to prove it.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 1:26:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Im just medium speed and getting high drag from all the arroz and frijoles.  

But back in the day I used to split my time between being a door gunner and HALOing out of the Space Shuttle.

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 1:28:20 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
We've all run across those infamous personality types who claim "I'm a super-hooah, recon airborne seal ranger in the marine corps, training the airforce..."  Well, I've got a shocking news flash - there are no "high speed" types hanging around internet forums.  There are some used-to-be's and some actual servicemen who, on ocassion, drop by and say hi before they're off again.

Do you want to know where the high speed troops hang out?  In the field training, back in garrison training, or in combat.

Hanging out in internet chat rooms and forums don't make them high speed, low drag, squared away, super troops...training and actual operations get them to that point.  

And people who've done the exciting and dangerous things in life DO NOT throw it in your face by constantly bragging about it.  If you see someone "bragging"  who's actually done something, 99% of the time its to a peer.

So the next time you run across someone hyping themselves up, consider it evidence to the contrary.

Whats the point of this post?
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 1:28:37 PM EDT
[#22]
They are few and far between, but from time to time you'll find some real ones. The best collection of actual "high speed folks" I know hang out over on www.tacticalforums.com. There are quite a few fellows there with impressive resumes.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 1:29:48 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's a big negatory there, hooah!  I know an elite squad when I see them!

OH MY!   I wouldn't want to cross these guys!
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 1:42:31 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Is it me, or does it look like a Charlie's Angles pose?

CW
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 1:44:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 1:49:17 PM EDT
[#26]
LSHD civvie here. I know that should my head ever swell too much that I can count on you guys to keep me in check!

pssst, fat guys with guns in the pic: "training" is supposed to include, you know, cardio... an MRE pouch is not a snack!

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 1:49:52 PM EDT
[#27]
I don't get it.
the older I get the better I was
the more time passes the more I miss it
Back in me day it was much tougher than it is now
You don't KNOW what high-speed is, pal
You may think that's tough, but one time we......
I could tell you but then I'd have to kill you....

I know I missed a few...LOL

PSYWAR, I fast roped out of the Space shuttle. Now that's TOUGH.

I am proud of my service, and I love to reminisce, but I try not to exaggerate.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 1:52:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Wrong. I'm like high speed badass in a bottle. A package of explosives. Nam wasnt nothing for me.
Heres a little video of me and the fellas out practicing our tactics. Clearly, we are the elite of the elite.

Video
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 1:53:52 PM EDT
[#29]
+1 82nd.

Not many hanging on the net thats for sure.
CH
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 1:54:40 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's a big negatory there, hooah!  I know an elite squad when I see them!

OH MY!   I wouldn't want to cross these guys!

Especially the big guy with breast implants.

The pic was already killing me... then I read this and fullout SHARTED!  
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 2:01:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 2:04:07 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
.... a super-hooah, recon airborne seal ranger in the marine corps, training the airforce...

You weren't supposed to tell anyone about me.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 2:08:54 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Blah, blah, blah...

Did you have something to say?

Maybe he missed the SF_Chris debacle
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 2:13:24 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
I don't get it.
the older I get the better I was
the more time passes the more I miss it
Back in me day it was much tougher than it is now
You don't KNOW what high-speed is, pal
You may think that's tough, but one time we......
I could tell you but then I'd have to kill you...

Great ! I know how you feel. I would rather say nothing than get it wrong and at 35+ years ago, it is getting easier to forget and get it wrong.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 2:16:58 PM EDT
[#35]

"I was in the special unit tactics batallion, ya, my name was Agent Orange..."
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 2:17:16 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
We've all run across those infamous personality types who claim "I'm a super-hooah, recon airborne seal ranger in the marine corps, training the airforce..."  Well, I've got a shocking news flash - there are no "high speed" types hanging around internet forums.  There are some used-to-be's and some actual servicemen who, on ocassion, drop by and say hi before they're off again.

Do you want to know where the high speed troops hang out?  In the field training, back in garrison training, or in combat.

Hanging out in internet chat rooms and forums don't make them high speed, low drag, squared away, super troops...training and actual operations get them to that point.  

And people who've done the exciting and dangerous things in life DO NOT throw it in your face by constantly bragging about it.  If you see someone "bragging"  who's actually done something, 99% of the time its to a peer.

So the next time you run across someone hyping themselves up, consider it evidence to the contrary.

You think that is bad, try the military.com forums. Alot of them act like they're god's gift to the military. I seriously doubt alot of the posters there are really military, theyre usually pretty rude to new people trying to find out info on the military. I try to help new people out by answering what I know, but don't pretend to be some super high speed delta/ranger/spec ops guy like alot of them do. Plus alot of them are sooo wrong about the shit they post as "fact" its laughable. head over to their forums and see for yourself.

I am however damn proud that I'm Airborne, and part of the 82nd.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 2:23:57 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Ive been downrange, did someone finally expose this guy as a total poser or at least just a truck driver tasked with supporting 19th group during AT?
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 2:26:06 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
I was in the Navy.  Not the SEALs but the SNIPES.   I was skilled at wiping oil and cleaning bilges.  I have no pics of the bilges to prove it.

One of my best friends was what he called a "bilge snipe" in the Navy.
He was a boiler operator.

He showed me a picture of himself a month ago, him at 18 down in the bilge of a ship.

He was this skinny kid covered in grease and oil from head to toe, I laughed my ass off.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 2:29:08 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ive been downrange, did someone finally expose this guy as a total poser or at least just a truck driver tasked with supporting 19th group during AT?

I don't think anything was definitely exosed, but he finally cut and ran - with an obligatory drama-queen "goodbye thread"

I THINK it's been locked now - but here it is: www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=268073
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 2:29:24 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 2:44:05 PM EDT
[#41]
I feel your pain...

You dont see ME on here posting about how I was an ACE Sopwith Camel pilot in the Boer War, and bragging about the 5 Kraut Mig 29s I splashed over Paris.

Nope...I let my ACTIONS do MY talking.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 2:45:01 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I am however damn proud that I'm Airborne, and part of the 82nd.

Outstanding!  It would be pretty damn squared away if you could take a camera on your next jump and post pics.

The last time I took pics was on one of those "Kodak disk" cameras in 1990.  It had nothing to do with being digital.  Altough I did get a few snapshots before the damn thing broke.  If you can, that'd be great, if not - NBD.

Glad to have you around.

I was just thinking the same thing the other day. I'm with 1/17 cav, we got a jump coming up on the 2nd of Sept. I was actually thinking of taking one of those mini vid cameras, the really small ones and get some video :) tape it to my kevlar or something ( the really small ones)

I'm not sure if i'm on the jump yet, they got alot of people here who are at 90 days and need to jump, so there may not be room for me on this one, but you have my word next time I jump, a camera is going with me and i'll post the pics

All the way!
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 2:45:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 3:29:25 PM EDT
[#44]
I was in the most secretest unit ever, so secret that if I even thought about the name of it, my brain would explode because of the self destruct device they placed in my brain.

Yup, I miss all the guys back in....WAIT.....

BOOM

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 3:39:23 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

One of my best friends was what he called a "bilge snipe" in the Navy.
He was a boiler operator.

He showed me a picture of himself a month ago, him at 18 down in the bilge of a ship.

He was this skinny kid covered in grease and oil from head to toe, I laughed my ass off.

But without him the Navy would just be a collection of rafts.  

My high-speed/low drag story--

Last year at Gunstock we finally went to shoot .50's on Sunday afternoon.  My rifle was sighted in for 200 yards (farthest I had shot it to that point), and as we were limited for time, I wasn't going to go, as I had no clue how to make sight adjustments to hit the target at 1000 yards.  I hated to miss the opportunity to shoot at 1000, but didn't want to shoot up their target stands, or shoot all my ammo trying to even find the damned target stands.  

There was some guy there (co-owner of the TIGER Valley Range) named John Tillman (his name is everywhere, and not a secret).  He was shorter than me (I'm 5' 10"), very quiet, chewed tobacco, and seemed like just a regular guy--nothing special, just a quiet guy.  He said, "Come on, I'll help you."  I balked, saying I'd never be able to hit the target.  He said, "I've got you covered."  Rather than argue, as I really wanted to shoot at 1000 yards, I shrugged and went along.  He took his time to help me, told me to raise my elevation by "15 minutes," explained what THAT was to my dumb ass, then patiently waited while I counted clicks, told me to fire one shot for effect, then said to raise another 30 clicks--and I was in the black!  After I, my wife, Striker, his wife and about 15 others shot the rifle, he quietly asked if he could take a shot.  I told him to go ahead and take as many shots as he wanted.  He fired maybe five shots, then quietly told me if I put some glass on the rifle (I had warned him about my cheap scope), and got going with handloading, it would be "a real tackdriver."  I thanked him for his help, and that was that.  After returning home I found out who he is--and read a link to his two-page resume.  Holy crap!  I was in the presence of USMC Royalty.  

Recently I saw his partner (Maduce here) post in the Gunstock forum that he is serving in Iraq.  Best wishes, Mr. Tillman--thank you for your service to the Country, and for having patience with my sorry ass.  God bless you.  

Roger that. moat of the genuine articles I have spent time with are pretty decent guys. I remember sitting down to chow at BW one afternoon and sitting next to this short stringy fellow with red hair and a big smile. He told some rather funny (and suprisingly clean) jokes and had a little back and forth with the other guys at the table.

He went to grab some bug juice and I asked one of the other guys at the table who he was. "He's doing the Navy contract training." was the response. Ah, in the Navy himself? I asked.

"Yup. He's a SEAL"

Holy mother of God...you are kidding, right?

The guy looked more like Opie Taylor if Opie had hit the weights a little more. If he was more than 160 pounds then I am a gorilla. Then I got to meet Herschel Davis and various other SF guys (PJ's, Rangers) and various SWAT guys. (Oddly enough some of the guys in most dire need of weapons help were SWAT guys. One fellow at my last class had just been put on the team and had a brand new weapon he had never fired. He got better with our help...=)

I have only met one guy in general who was the real deal AND a testosterone ranger, but that's about it. And that is excusable as he was never prone to aim himself at me.

No harm, no foul...

BTW -- You ought to hang out at the BW bunkhouse after hours. Story time can be quite entertaining when guys like Norm Chandler are around and there is a 12 pack nearby...
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 3:45:26 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 4:05:38 PM EDT
[#47]
This one time, in Normandy...
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 4:07:32 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm with 1/17 cav, we got a jump coming up on the 2nd of Sept.

You live on top of Smoke Bomb Hill, near the shopette?

Nah I live on Ardennes, right next to HHC brigade
its Ardennes & Campobello.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 4:17:18 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey now!  Let's not start dragging the good name of truck drivers into his bullshit!!

But really guys, to say that any real team guys, sof, or what have you don't lurk on the boards is silly.  You would have to agree that a cross section of the Spec Ops community is roughly equal to a cross section of our society as a whole, with regards to interests and hobbies.  I'm sure there are lots of guys out there that love to play on computers, even boards and forums like ours.  However, I will personally accuse them, myself, of being true professionals and they probably just say stuff like, "yeah, i'm in the (army, navy...) and let it go at that because they don't need no steenkin cred here anyways!
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 4:26:22 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top