Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/27/2004 11:43:13 AM EDT
Because the SUCK!!!

Dream Team Beaten by Argentina 89-81

ATHENS, Greece (AP) - The U.S. men's basketball team will go home from the Olympics without a gold medal for the first time since it began using NBA players after the Americans were beaten soundly by Argentina 89-81 in the semifinals Friday.

Tim Duncan fouled out with five minutes left and the Americans trailing 76-65, just one of the many frustrating moments for the U.S. team against the scrappy Argentines.

It's the same team that beat the United States in the 2002 World Championships, although the only U.S. player on that team to make the trip to Athens was Shawn Marion.

Argentina moves on to play for the gold medal against either Lithuania or Italy. The second semifinal begins at 3:15 p.m. EDT.

They should call it the "Bling-Team"

And that punkass Lebron James came out yesterday saying something like "It's not our goal to win a gold medal" or some stupid-ass shit like that.

Bring back the College players and get the punks off the court!!

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 11:45:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Amen, brother......
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 11:46:33 AM EDT
[#2]
[Nelson] HA HA! [/Nelson]

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 11:47:12 AM EDT
[#3]
yo yo we represented yo.  oh wait.  no we didn't.  
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 11:50:43 AM EDT
[#4]
not liking the nba or nba players can only mean a few things:1) you're not very fond of black people 2) you're getting old. real old or 3) a combination of both.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 11:53:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 11:54:04 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
not liking the nba or nba players can only mean a few things:1) you're not very fond of black people 2) you're getting old. real old or 3) a combination of both.

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 11:55:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 11:56:54 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Congratulations...You Win.

Stupidest Thing Posted On Arfcom Today.

May your idiocy shine bright as both a beacon and a warning to others.

whatever. do you like the nba?
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 11:59:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 11:59:27 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

homo is on his usual "reverse roll" I see

"Nightmare Team" is perhaps more appropriate.

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 12:02:23 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nope, not even the white guys.

my post was directed at all the yo-yo-yo, bling-bling, glad we lost posters.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 12:05:43 PM EDT
[#12]
There was only one "dream team"
The first one.
The rest are just wannabe teams
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 12:07:02 PM EDT
[#13]
I'll say it again, for clarification purposes.

I'm glad we lost!

Learning experiences have purpose, but I'll bet it goes right over the heads of the wah-wah overpaid spoiled babies on the team, as well as for the other NBA diaper set.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 12:08:04 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
my idiotic generalization was directed at livefreeordieNH, The_Macallan and GC456.

Fixed it for ya'
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 12:08:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 12:10:24 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

No, it means that a lot of us remember when basketball was a team sport. Yes a team sport with black and white guys playing together like a team. Now it's turned into a thug sport with self absorbed punks playing like the game was one-on-one at the neighborhood court. Bluster, flash and CRAPPY SHOOTING. All the olympics did was prove how bad the NBA game has gotten. You can't play big bodied thug ball in the olympics because the olympic game is played like it used to be played here...with finesse and team work, not slam bam thug ball.

Field goal percentage is way down in the NBA today from what it was in the Jordan era and that's part of the reason why the game is losing fans. I'll bet the performance of this olympic team made the likes of Michael Jordan, Larry Bird, and Magic Johnson sick to their stomachs.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 12:16:54 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, it means that a lot of us remember when basketball was a team sport. Yes a team sport with black and white guys playing together like a team. Now it's turned into a thug sport with self absorbed punks playing like the game was one-on-one at the neighborhood court. Bluster, flash and CRAPPY SHOOTING. All the olympics did was prove how bad the NBA game has gotten. You can't play big bodied thug ball in the olympics because the olympic game is played like it used to be played here...with finesse and team work, not slam bam thug ball.

Field goal percentage is way down in the NBA today from what it was in the Jordan era and that's part of the reason why the game is losing fans. I'll bet the performance of this olympic team made the likes of Michael Jordan, Larry Bird, and Magic Johnson sick to their stomachs.

Good post....another example of the slow but steady downhill slide of pro sports in this country.

Pro sports have been/are being taken over by thugs who have been groomed to believe they are living gods, can do anything they want and are not worth a small percentage of what they are paid.

However, as long as "fans" like sierrahombre continue to think/spout that crap, the situation will only get worse.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 12:18:27 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nope, not even the white guys.

my post was directed at all the yo-yo-yo, bling-bling, glad we lost posters.

Well you asked "me"...

And I am also glad they lost and am ashamed and embarassed by former FELONS representing our country.

Sports nerds like you are the reason for it.

lol, the only sports i watch are hockey and football. who were the felons? iverson and who else?
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 12:24:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Pro football is another good example, but I dare say hockey has not been infected with a lot of the crap (yet) that has ruined most of the other sports.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 12:26:06 PM EDT
[#20]
They called it a dream team because that's what it was... just a bad dream.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 12:26:30 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

basketball is a team sport, correct. and we didn't send over a team. we sent over a PF and a bunch of other guys who play the same posistion and fill the same role. of course we shoot crappy, it was a team full of SF slasher types. not one shooter. no inside bangers. that's not their fault. place the blame on all the guys who declined to play. would a starting lineup of Shaq, Duncan, KG, Paul Pierce, and Ray Allen had lost? no. would they have ever won by less than 15? no. don't be so quick to jump on our guys who actually sacrificed their summers to go play for their country when you don't even know what you're talking about.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 1:06:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 1:06:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Again, in cased you missed it the first time...crying over coulda woulda shoulda just don't get it.

The current olympic team is yet another example of the depths to which pro basketball has sunk.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 1:08:26 PM EDT
[#24]
The only sport i watch is the pro football, with that i only watch the Packers,with that i only watch because it is a law in green bay
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 1:09:31 PM EDT
[#25]
The real dream team is Team USA womens fastpitch team. Only gave up 5 hits and one run. But scored over 50!

CH
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 1:11:27 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

lol, the only sports i watch are hockey and football. who were the felons? iverson and who else?

Out of Bounds : Inside the NBA's Culture of Rape, Violence, and Crime
by Jeff Benedict

www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0060726024/qid=1093640472/sr=8-2/ref=pd_ka_2/104-0231344-3788710?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

Pros and Cons : The Criminals Who Play in the NFL
by Don Yaeger, Jeff Benedict

www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0446524034/qid=1093640472/sr=8-2/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i2_xgl14/104-0231344-3788710?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

ummm, okay...have you read those? who are the felons on the olympic team?

p.s. couldn't google anything on hockey?
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 1:15:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 1:16:20 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
The real dream team is Team USA womens fastpitch team. Only gave up 5 hits and one run. But scored over 50!

CH

A shining example of a TEAMThey did us proud, as did the Beach Buns Bonanza   girls in beach volleyball (I am still not sure that should be recognized Olympic sport), but they are athletic and it was enjoyable to watch.The girls soccer team was great too.

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 1:16:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Bring back the college players. College hoops are still actually enjoyable to watch.

They're hungry and motiviated. They are not worried about their "image" and their "posse".

NO, I don't give a shit about the NBA. Never really have.

I don't really care much for pro football, either. I much prefer college football also. Gonna take in a few ASU, UofA and NAU games this year, I will be going to ONE pro game this year. The GF's son is a lifetime Rams fan and has NEVER been to a pro game, so I'm gonna take him-even though I absolutely ABHOR the thought of putting even ONE RED CENT in the pocket of Bill Bidwill.

Gimme hockey. Go Blues!
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 1:21:24 PM EDT
[#30]
If those pompous idiots had learned a little humility in their formative years, they wouldn't have to deal with humiliation now.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 1:21:53 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Out of Bounds : Inside the NBA's Culture of Rape, Violence, and Crime
by Jeff Benedict

www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0060726024/qid=1093640472/sr=8-2/ref=pd_ka_2/104-0231344-3788710?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

Pros and Cons : The Criminals Who Play in the NFL
by Don Yaeger, Jeff Benedict

www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0446524034/qid=1093640472/sr=8-2/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i2_xgl14/104-0231344-3788710?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

ummm, okay...have you read those? who are the felons on the olympic team?

p.s. couldn't google anything on hockey?

Yup. Didn't look up Hockey, just referrenced the books I've read.

Want to know more read them or google an answer.

i know the answer. iverson is the only felon and his was from a brawl when he was in high school. marbury seems like a thug but has never been in any real trouble. lebron james, tim duncan, and richard jefferson are some of the most polite guys in the nba. okafor graduated from college in (I think) three years. wade, odom, and marion  are known as great teammates who play unselfishly. don't know much about carmelo, he's only 19, hasn't played much. amare stoudamire was ROTY and is known as a nice guy. boozer is a very intelligent Duke guy. like i said, some of you don't know what you're talking about as far as our olympic team goes.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 1:23:23 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 1:26:35 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Damn, I actually felt a couple of brain cells die while reading this post.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 1:30:29 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Is there a problem with that? You say it like its a bad thing. This is America ya know. Freedom of thought at the present time is still legal.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 1:34:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Now they can all go back to the 'hood' and do what they do best:
1) Sell drugs
2) Kill each other
3) Rape White women

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 1:38:32 PM EDT
[#36]
These thugs are indicative of what America has become-a self-centered, money-grubbing, lazy society that worships  rappers and  the mtv culture.  It is sick.  Disgusting.  What a pack of losers.  I bet they don't even win a bronze.  They will most likely just give up.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 1:39:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 1:44:19 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
These thugs are indicative of what America has become-a self-centered, money-grubbing, lazy society that worships  rappers and  the mtv culture.  It is sick.  Disgusting.  What a pack of losers.  I bet they don't even win a bronze.  They will most likely just give up.

The gold and ear diamonds these trash types wear (not to mention their 'rides) could fund a lot of bulletsfood for their bros in da hoods. Oh, I forgot...the poor lazy, shiftless criminals and their offspring are all Bush's and the middle class's fault.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 2:06:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 2:11:00 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i know the answer. iverson is the only felon and his was from a brawl when he was in high school. marbury seems like a thug but has never been in any real trouble. lebron james, tim duncan, and richard jefferson are some of the most polite guys in the nba. okafor graduated from college in (I think) three years. wade, odom, and marion  are known as great teammates who play unselfishly. don't know much about carmelo, he's only 19, hasn't played much. amare stoudamire was ROTY and is known as a nice guy. boozer is a very intelligent Duke guy. like i said, some of you don't know what you're talking about as far as our olympic team goes.

Also IN ADDITION to the felony charge "Maiming by Mob" which is a far cry from a High School brawl...

www.absolutecelebrities.com/i/mugshot//IversonAllen.jpg

Allen Iverson will be charged with assault and other offenses for forcing his way into an apartment with a gun and threatening two men while looking for his wife, authorities said Thursday.

The NBA All-Star, no stranger to trouble on and off the court, will be allowed to surrender to police Tuesday morning after his lawyer returns from vacation, police Commissioner Sylvester Johnson said. Iverson must remain inside his suburban Philadelphia mansion until then.

'If Iverson is seen on the street or out partying, we will arrest him,' Johnson said.

did you ever see the video from the brawl? pretty intense but i've been involved in and seen worse in my wild and crazy days. it happened in a public place, a bowling alley. as far as the other stuff goes, he was charged yet not convicted of anything. nothing at all. and that's still just one guy off the olympic squad. one guy with a felony charge stemming from a high school brawl. hell, besides iverson, we couldn't have sent over a more diplomatic squad.

Bout what I'd expect from a POS raised by a coke dealer.

wow.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 2:15:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 2:22:11 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

did you ever see the video from the brawl? pretty intense but i've been involved in and seen worse in my wild and crazy days. it happened in a public place, a bowling alley. as far as the other stuff goes, he was charged yet not convicted of anything. nothing at all. and that's still just one guy off the olympic squad. one guy with a felony charge stemming from a high school brawl.

What a silly apologist you are.

If you've been in brawls that bad your ass should be locked up too. No wonder you don't know what the fuck you are talking about.

And I guess that "non conviction" means he didn't have a gun and wasn't actually there.

okay, how's this. iverson is an attitude problem with a history of run-ins with the law, as mentioned above. now, the issue you keep ducking, what's wrong with the rest of the olympic squad? what do you have on them? as people, they're the exception to the rule as far as the nba's reputation goes. what sport besides hockey doesn't have off the field issues? golf? tennis? hell, i don't know, soccer? i understand that you'll harp on iverson because it's all you have and you don't know shit about anything else, but give the rest of our guys a break.

Do you know how many times professional athletes DON'T get convicted because of who they are? If they raped your Mom retards like you would only ask for an autograph.

i really take offense to that.

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 2:33:50 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 2:47:03 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:
now, the issue you keep ducking, what's wrong with the rest of the olympic squad? what do you have on them? as people, they're the exception to the rule as far as the nba's reputation goes. what sport besides hockey doesn't have off the field issues? golf? tennis? hell, i don't know, soccer? i understand that you'll harp on iverson because it's all you have and you don't know shit about anything else, but give the rest of our guys a break.

Didn't duck it. I already told you to do your own homework. I'm not here to assist you.

lol, you're not here to assist me? thank god. you're the one who's making the false accusations here. YOU'RE the one who needs to do some homework so don't come at me like that. you're not well-versed on the subject, get over it.

SteyrAug:
And I am also glad they lost and am ashamed and embarassed by former FELONS representing our country.

what other felons besides iverson? none. you should be ashamed and embarrassed by your stupid-assed comment. as a matter of fact, most of the guys on the team are known as some of the most well-respected gentlemen in the league (i know, i know, besides iverson).

SteyrAug:
Do you know how many times professional athletes DON'T get convicted because of who they are? If they raped your Mom retards like you would only ask for an autograph.

SH:
i really take offense to that.

SteyrAug:
Which part? The fact that pro athlete's regularly get criminal activity overlooked or the fact that you are one of those people who does the overlooking.

so clever. no, i'm offended that you would use one of my family members in such an ignorant scenario. i'm aware of how celebs (not just sports stars) receive special treatment and i most certainly don't condone it.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 2:57:28 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 3:00:33 PM EDT
[#46]
Thug ball....perfect description.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 3:13:40 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

lol, you're not here to assist me? thank god. you're the one who's making the false accusations here. YOU'RE the one who needs to do some homework so don't come at me like that. you're not well-versed on the subject, get over it.

No false accusation.
yes, false accusations. iverson is the only felon yet you lump them all into the same category. false accusations, dumbass. still can't see that? man.

Quoted:

what other felons besides iverson? none. you should be ashamed and embarrassed by your stupid-assed comment. as a matter of fact, most of the guys on the team are known as some of the most well-respected gentlemen in the league (i know, i know, besides iverson).

Again, for the slow person. This isn't the FIRST Olympic basketball team made up of NBA players. That is your clue TWICE now.
is this supposed to be some sort of revelation? the 1992 team were basketball ambassadors to the world and were responsible for the surge in international competition that we're seing today. magic, bird, mj, malone, stockton...yeah, those guys were horrible. the 1996 and 2000 teams? i still see no problems on the scale you suggest. you prove time and time again throughout our discussions that you, well, don't know shit on the subject.  

Quoted:

so clever. no, i'm offended that you would use one of my family members in such an ignorant scenario. i'm aware of how celebs (not just sports stars) receive special treatment and i most certainly don't condone it.

And yet you gloss over and try and legitimize Iverson's past.

As for offending you...

I care not that I offend someone who has admitted to engaging in similar criminal activity and is a apologist for POS like Iverson.
i haven't glossed over and tried to legitimize anyone's past here, i'm merely stating facts. i have said that iverson is somewhat of a troublemaker at times. caught a felony charge in high school. what more do you want? my "criminal activity" was self defense and i wasn't charged with anything. i don't apologize for anybody.

discussing this with you is like talking to a rock, only with slightly less productive results.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 3:32:01 PM EDT
[#48]
The NBA sucks.  No shooting.  No defense.  Hacking all the time.  Walking from half court for a dunk.  Boring ass offense.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 3:47:27 PM EDT
[#49]
What a team.  Our team of grossly over tattooed, incredibly overpaid thugs lost to Argentina.  I hope they lose their shoe contracts to the winner of the Olympics.  It would serve them right.  They're supposed to be representing our country, but they act like it's too much bother.  

What do they care?  They still get their multi-million dollar salaries for playing a game for a living.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 4:10:21 PM EDT
[#50]
I second the notion of bringing back the college players. When did the Olympics allow professsional players in the first place? I thought the Olympics were for non professionals?
Sierra Hombre, I am speaking as a former celeb/sports photographer. Let me tell you, that you have lots to learn about sports celebrities. What everyone here is telling you is the truth about the NBA. They are the most self absorbed, self centered, overpaid people out there, and tons of stuff is overlooked because of who they are. The NBA went downhill starting with M. Jordan and got worse from there. Now, they are looking out for their next endorsement deal, not playing ball. Iv'e seen it and heard it with my own eyes and ears.
While I can't say I am glad they lost, maybe this will open their eyes a bit. Doubtful...but one can hope.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top