Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2004 8:40:33 AM EDT
    I have just recently stumbled onto these publications via ther website. They look to be publications a little more interesting than the gunrags on the newstands. Can anyone here offer input on these mags? What is the difference in content between Precision Shooting and The Accurate Rifle?
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 9:55:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Precison Shooting concentrates on benchrest, F-Class, Palma, and just generally getting a rifle to shoot better.  It also contains some custom gun content.

Accurate Rifle is the follow on to Tactical Rifle magazine, aiming for a broader base of readers.  It has excellent articles about Africa hunting by Ken Robinett (a PH and Veternarian over there), and the experiment with handgun articles is permanent with a monthly article by Ayoob.  There are also articles about hunting in the US, tactical rifle shooting, reloading and so on.  Most articles have a thread about rifle and ammo performance.

There is no comparison to anything on the magazine racks, both of these are superior in every way if you are at all interested in precision and accuracy.

The publisher will send you a free copy if you call up and ask.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 12:13:11 PM EDT
[#2]
    AeroE, Thanks for your excellent response... just the info I needed.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 12:15:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll add that these two magazines I had subscribed too are a bit pricy but usually good information.  Times were tough and I had to make a few cuts.. but this vice, like SAR and SGN will be back in time
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 2:09:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Where the average gun rag is for Joe Six-pack, these are for fairly serious firearm aficionados.

I subscribe to The Accurate Rifle but not Precision Shooting.

The Accurate Rifle seems to focus a lot on quality type hunting rifles.   It also has a lot of anecdotal hunting story type articles and, to a lesser degree, historical articles.

As of late, it is also covering handguns (they had a very nice one a few months ago on High Standard target semi’s and IIRC one on S&W 27’s).  

The information seems solid and trustworthy.  However, don’t expect a lot of color glossy photos or the invariably rave reviews that other publications have about newly introduced firearms.

I preferred The Tactical Rifle, but sadly the topic was just too narrow to support a magazine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top