Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2004 8:35:53 AM EDT
How do you register a new website with all the search engines?
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 8:36:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Don't have to
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 8:47:34 AM EDT
[#2]
There are "referral agencies" that will do it for a fee.  

I would put some time in and do it for free.  A good place to start is DMOZ.com.  They create a registry and ship it out to various SE's based on the content of your site (like a generic catalogue).  You can also submit directly to Yahoo by emailing (suggesting a site to them).  You used to be able to submit directly online but I don't think many SEs do that anymore.   If you dig for awhile, you will find some free referrers still out there.  

Are you selling or is this a personal site?

NorCal
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 8:54:30 AM EDT
[#3]
I wanted to know the same thing

shameless bump
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 10:57:00 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Don't have to

Correct, eventually their search engines will find you.

But sites like Yahoo and Google do have a way to get you 'into' their system much faster.  All you do is submit the top level page and their search bots will do the rest.

To submit to Google click on the link.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 11:00:00 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
There are "referral agencies" that will do it for a fee.  

I would put some time in and do it for free.  A good place to start is DMOZ.com.  They create a registry and ship it out to various SE's based on the content of your site (like a generic catalogue).  You can also submit directly to Yahoo by emailing (suggesting a site to them).  You used to be able to submit directly online but I don't think many SEs do that anymore.   If you dig for awhile, you will find some free referrers still out there.  

Are you selling or is this a personal site?

NorCal

Its for a client friend. I made the site, it looks great. Ive done several before but ive never needed one on a SE before this one. Ill checkout DMOZ!

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 11:00:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Search engines and search ranking are worthless unless you are: 1) one of the largest sites in your niche; or, 2) someone does a keyword search on something so incredibly specific like: texas AND midgets AND "dog collars".

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 11:00:47 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Don't have to

Correct, eventually their search engines will find you.

But sites like Yahoo and Google do have a way to get you 'into' their system much faster.  All you do is submit the top level page and their search bots will do the rest.

To submit to Google click on the link.

great info! thanks!
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 12:22:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Google your ARF screen name.  Add AR15 to the search.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top