Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/27/2004 8:01:54 AM EDT
My wife and I have been talking and we noticed that we haven't seen this show in sindication anywhere.  Is is showing in anyone else's market?  We loved that show (I try not to show my glee for Loni Anderson in front of my wife).

"As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly"
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 8:12:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Don't know if it's showing anywhere, but I enjoyed that show also.

Less Nessman's traffic reports were always a hoot.

Loni Anderson was good eye candy, but Bailey always turned me on with that "kinda sexy girl next door" look.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 8:13:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Terrific show. I don't see it on around here either.

Les Nesman with the tape on the floor to simulate walls for an office. The other girl was kinda hot too.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 9:31:56 AM EDT
[#3]
"I SWEAR  I DIDN'T KNOW TURKEYS COULDN'T FLY!!!"
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 9:35:33 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

That had to be the funniest episode of ANY sitcom I have ever seen.

- CD

PS: I'd hit either Loni or Bailey but I prefer the latter.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 9:48:04 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Quoted:

If I remember right, Gordon Jump (played station mgr) said that was one of the most popular WKRP episodes ever.  

Another good one: "booger, booger, booger, booger."
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 9:49:38 AM EDT
[#6]
"This is my office. See, there are the walls. Here is the door. This is the door to my office."
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 10:01:50 AM EDT
[#7]
i love WKRP. my second job we didnt have cubes. it was like cubes should have been there they just never put them up. we had space in between the desk and it looked about like WKRP, so i put the tape aroubnd my area and did the Less thing for a month before i was asked to stop. i thouhgt it was funny.  you forgot to knock. people wer elike WHAT? i said you forgot to knock.  you didnt oopen the door.  i guess its not good when you work in health care and they could lock you up for being crazy. Ronald
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 10:18:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 10:29:32 AM EDT
[#9]
I haven't seen that show in years either.

Bailey (Jan Smithers) over Loni anyday. And twice on Sundays.

I wonder if it'll ever be released on DVD like other shows? I'd buy it in a heart beat.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 10:39:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Yep,  when I was a grad student and had a desk at the end of my lab bench, I put green autoclave tape on the floor to denote the walls and door to my "office".  I even had an office room number hanging from the fluorescent light.  I was surprised how many people got the joke.  Even the dept. secretaries knew about my "office" and addressed my mail to my fake office number.  OSHA didn't, however, find the humor, and we were dinged a few times by lab safety due to my snacks and drinks scattered about... in my office- not, not the lab.

Quoted:
i love WKRP. my second job we didnt have cubes. it was like cubes should have been there they just never put them up. we had space in between the desk and it looked about like WKRP, so i put the tape aroubnd my area and did the Less thing for a month before i was asked to stop. i thouhgt it was funny.  you forgot to knock. people wer elike WHAT? i said you forgot to knock.  you didnt oopen the door.  i guess its not good when you work in health care and they could lock you up for being crazy. Ronald

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 10:53:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Yeah, I've been hoping to see it released on DVD and I too would jump on it in a minute.  I always cracked up Johnny Fever tried sneaking up on Loni's character.

Also, how many "Herbs" have you known?
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 11:00:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Hello Fellow Babies.  
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 11:08:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Also a Bailey Quarters fan!!!!  I loved the time she sang the Nestle's theme whilst pretending to be stoned.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 11:12:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Jan Smithers...  *sigh*

I keep hoping they will release WKRP on DVD, but I'm not holding my breath.  When the show was made, they didn't get a long-term rights agreement for the music.  If you see the reruns that have been showing lately, the music is replaced with gerenic songs similar to the originals.  Even the names of the songs and bands have been re-dubbed.  The defecting Russian's line to Bailey has been changed to "Hold my order, terrible dresser."

Kirk
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 11:16:43 AM EDT
[#15]
The one I liked was with Johnny Fever.  Seniors invaded the booth and smashed the tuntable in protest  about what he was playing.  Calmly he looks at them and says " I jusy whant you to know I've killed old people before and I,ll do it agian.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 11:17:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Bailey Quarters...

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 11:17:30 AM EDT
[#17]
My favorite episode is when Fever is at the transmitter with the bomb in the tool box. It's the phone cops! The real cops are in on it too, man
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 11:23:47 AM EDT
[#18]
When Mr. Carlson (Gordon Jump) ran for mayor....cracked me up.

Bailey, all day.

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 12:58:12 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

- CD

PS: I'd hit either Loni or Bailey but I prefer the latter.

I agree, I hurt myself laughing at that one.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:09:29 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Loni Anderson was good eye candy, but Bailey always turned me on with that "kinda sexy girl next door" look.

And sometimes if you looked real hard, you could see her mamalian protruberances.

AB
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 6:17:03 PM EDT
[#21]
albob: YOU FUCKING PERVERT.

DO NOT talk about my girl like that!!!
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 7:03:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 7:19:37 PM EDT
[#23]
I remember some channel carrying it as recently as 1-2 years ago. I'm pretty sure it was TNN or Spike or whatever the hell it is they are calling it now. But I haven't seen it recently. Maybe TV Land or Nick @ Nite will pick it up someday.

BTW, the best sitcoms ever originaly aired in the 70's and 80's. Such shows at WKRP, Three's Company, All in the Family, Sanford and Son, The Jeffersons, etc were the shit. Today's sitcoms leave me sitting there thinking "huh"?

Ah yes, the years before the goofy ass reality programming for the brain dead. I miss that period.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 7:54:16 PM EDT
[#24]

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 9:18:42 PM EDT
[#25]
I was working in the college radio station when that show was on first run. I swear as far as the on air jocks went it was pretty accurate.  At least for a small east Texas radio station. We had the serious news guy, the late night stoner, the fly black guy, the libber chick, all that was missing was the bubble gummer and the wacked out sales crew.

After graduation I found out there are other ways to starve to death than working in radio.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 10:37:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Oh man there were way too many funny episodes too mention.

Remember when they did a live remote from Del's Stereo and an unemployed DJ comes in with a gun and takes over the show?  Johnny's describing this one 'customer' as he walks around the store and then pulls a revolver.   How about when they held a contest and Johnny accidently read the $50 prize as '$5000', so they cut the songs real short thinking nobody could guess them?

And my favorite episode (beside the turkey one) was Reverend Little Ed, the former wrestler turned preacher who sold stuff on his Sunday morning broadcast.  No one would stand up to him.

They sure don't make them like that anymore...
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 11:08:51 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
www.clothmonkey.com/images/jan2.h5.jpg

Gotta' love the Toe.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 1:26:24 AM EDT
[#28]
WKRP in Cincinnati - Turkey Drop Audio
Real Audio

radio.about.com/library/wkrpturkeydrop.ram

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top