Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2004 6:58:08 AM EDT
DREAM TEAM

Its surely a case of wishful thinking on their part, but some Republicans are spreading the rumor that the GOP national convention will actually have some excitement when Vice President Dick Cheney announces he is stepping down as vice president because of his health.

The far fetched scenario would supposedly lead to a dramatic floor fight orchestrated for the nations prime time television audience and a 'Draft McCain' movement to end with war hero John McCain (popular with swing voters), as President Bush's running mate.

continue reading HERE

COMMENT : NOT MY IDEA OF A DREAM TEAM

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 7:02:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 7:04:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 7:09:24 AM EDT
[#3]
If it keeps Kerry out of the White House so be it.  Kerry's pathetic 4 months in Vietnam pales in comparison to McCain's injuries and time in the Hanoi Hilton and BTW I am sure he heard of John Kerry's anti-war statements as he was tortured.  

I may not personally care for McCain but at least you don't here him saying every speech, "You know I was in Vietnam", I am sure for McCain that Vietnam is relived every night in vivid detail and wishes it would go away.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 7:12:16 AM EDT
[#4]
interesting...McCain would assure a Bush win in nov......but is it worth putting him that close to the Presidency? he certainly wouldn't be worst than comrade kerry........
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 7:14:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 10:13:22 AM EDT
[#6]
With all these Johns around I feel like this country's going down the crapper.

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 10:19:07 AM EDT
[#7]
My idea?  Condi Rice for VP.  Dick Cheney for National Intelligence Director.

I want Condi to run against Hildebeast in 2008.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 10:20:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 10:23:21 AM EDT
[#9]
While I'm sure McCain would appeal to a certain segment of swing voters, him as a VP we do not need.  I do NOT want McCain as our defacto Rep candidate in 2008.

I'm hoping like hell it's Condi.  I think she'd do a good job, do the right job and generally piss of the Dems.  We'd steal the race race right out from under them.

Hell, she might even make a good candidate in 2008.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 10:24:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Pfft!  The way Cheney nailed down the Lesbian vote this week?

Not bloody likely!
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 10:25:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 10:26:19 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
While I would vote for a Bush/Rice ticket.......there are a lot of folks who would immediately turn their nose up at the idea.  Including some of the base....

Really?  Could you explain why you think so?  I'm not trying to poopoo your viewpoint on it, I just don't understand why.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 10:46:43 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
mccain is an asshat. he needs to be kept as far away from the oval office as possible.

mike

Yet more proof of higher intelligence in the deep south. You nailed it, Mike!
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 10:51:30 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
mccain is an asshat. he needs to be kept as far away from the oval office as possible.

mike

DITTO!

While I respect his service to this country, I do not believe he belongs in politics, even though he is an asshat like most of them!
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 10:52:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 11:30:08 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
While I would vote for a Bush/Rice ticket.......there are a lot of folks who would immediately turn their nose up at the idea.  Including some of the base....

Really?  Could you explain why you think so?  I'm not trying to poopoo your viewpoint on it, I just don't understand why.

Black female. If you need flashcards I can help......

That's what I originally thought you ment, but I thought it was just too bloody obvious.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 12:41:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 1:44:43 PM EDT
[#18]
As much as I like Condi Rice, she really just doesn’t have much of a leadership background, nor has she ever run for political office.

Still, I think she’d easily bring in enough minority and female votes to carry the ticket (despite the few mental retards that might abandon the Republican Party because of her).

Also, making the Republican Party more attractive to minorities could result in both the House and Senate becoming solidly Republican.

It’s also very pleasant to consider the mindless spluttering that folks like Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, and various FemNazi’s would make.  And no doubt Hillary would have an absolute hissy fit!!

In my truly jaundiced view, any team that can beat Kerry is a dream team – I’m not that fussy.  I have developed a profound and unalterable dislike for that guy.

Still, Bush is a man of his word.  And he says he wants Cheney to stay on.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 1:51:15 PM EDT
[#19]
If you think that McCain is going to be drafted for VP, then you must believe that John Kerry is going to repeal the Firearms Act of 1934 if he is elected. McCain has his own agenda and it ain't ours.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 1:52:23 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

mike

+1
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 2:01:32 PM EDT
[#21]
NFW the Republicans will put a Democrat on their ticket...
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 2:07:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Why does the media keep floating their panty-wetting fantasy of John McCain becoming VP?
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 2:21:09 PM EDT
[#23]
I love how some of you guys are so SURE of what will happen or won't.  Interesting.

One constant is that Bush will win in a landslide.  Breaking news - if anything goes wrong to turn the current momentum it could be lights out.  This is a very real race.  We can only hope Kerry continues to be a complete idiot.

McCain as VP candidate.  If you think this idea hasn't been thought of guess again.  It was laughable when it was as Kerry's partner (why would he want to partner with a guy who could run again in 2008?).  But with Bush this does make sense for McCains agenda.  He is interested in becoming president (duh, obvious I know).  How best to stay  in the limelight?  Well, as VP with some conditions from Bush (which he could well command before joining up)  he could be more than the traditional doorknob VP and have a real role.  This would springboard him into 2008 against the Hildebeast.  

Much as I do NOT like McCain, here it is - if he helps elect Bush I'll take him.  Kerry is a lose/lose to me.  And come 2008, if it comes down to him and Hildebeast who do you think YOU will vote for.

Sad days friends.

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 2:33:09 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
If you think that McCain is going to be drafted for VP, then you must believe that John Kerry is going to repeal the Firearms Act of 1934 if he is elected. McCain has his own agenda and it ain't ours.

+1
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 2:43:45 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I love how some of you guys are so SURE of what will happen or won't.  Interesting.

One constant is that Bush will win in a landslide.  Breaking news - if anything goes wrong to turn the current momentum it could be lights out.  This is a very real race.  We can only hope Kerry continues to be a complete idiot.

McCain as VP candidate.  If you think this idea hasn't been thought of guess again.  It was laughable when it was as Kerry's partner (why would he want to partner with a guy who could run again in 2008?).  But with Bush this does make sense for McCains agenda.  He is interested in becoming president (duh, obvious I know).  How best to stay  in the limelight?  Well, as VP with some conditions from Bush (which he could well command before joining up)  he could be more than the traditional doorknob VP and have a real role.  This would springboard him into 2008 against the Hildebeast.  

Much as I do NOT like McCain, here it is - if he helps elect Bush I'll take him.  Kerry is a lose/lose to me.  And come 2008, if it comes down to him and Hildebeast who do you think YOU will vote for.

Sad days friends.

Dont take this the wrong way, but you dont know what you're talking about.  Bush and McCain don't particularly like each other in the first place, Cheney's loyal and devoted to Bush, something Bush prizes above everything else.  He can stick with a man who's been perfectly simpatico, or go with a oft-described "maverick" who does things his own way. There's no way he'd dump Cheney even if he thought he had to to be re-elected, and he sure as shit wouldn't switch him for McCain.  

Second, the public doesn't like the VP?  Doesn't matter.  Who liked Gore? Bush? Mondale? Rockefeller? Whether the VP is popular is irrelevant for the most part.

Third, do you know what it would look like if Bush ditched Cheney?  It'd look like he was scared, uncertain, vulnerable.

Fourth, why is it only the press that is talking about the possibility of dumping Cheney for McCain, a man they adore?  No one in the White House or GOP is.  Know why?  Because it isn't going to happen.  But the press has such a wet pussy for McCain they can't stop indulging in fantasies about Bush tapping their boyfriend instead of the stereotypical boring old white dude, Dick Cheney.

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 2:53:18 PM EDT
[#26]
... Remember, you heard if first here some months ago!

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 3:04:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Hmm... Condi as VP...

That really could do wonders for the win... I don't think too many people would turn away.

- BUCC_Guy
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 3:10:38 PM EDT
[#28]
The NY post - did they not say that Gephart was Sinator Kommy's VP choice?
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 3:16:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Why does the brotha have to be the one to say Condi should have been fired on 9/12?

National Security Advisor?

Or in the words of SGtar.......Pink Slip!

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 3:30:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top