Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/27/2004 5:47:11 AM EDT
Pitbull Dog Killed by Poodle Owner
Email to a Friend  Printer Friendly Version    

August 26, 2004

Jason Miles Reports , [email protected]

Robert Smith says a few sticks were his only weapons. He says he and some friends used them to fight off a pit bull from down the street.

"He didn't have no business running around," says Smith.

He watched as the pit attacked his poodle and dragged him behind a house across the street.

"He was shaking him when I ran over there," says Smith.

Robert ran back to his house and grabbed a gun in order to protect his property.

"The dog still has my dog in his mouth," says Smith. "I had to shoot him to get him off my dog," he adds.

Witnesses say up to eight rounds were fired. The pit bull was hit three times. He stumbled onto Alpine Street and collapsed. Blood stains still mark the spot.

"One police[man] told me he would have done the same thing," says Smith.

Zachary Nierenberg and his family were awakened by the gunfire, which still makes him nervous.

"You know, what happens if somebody would have shot and the bullet went through the house and hit a kid, me, or my wife," says Nierenberg.

He says he's never had a problem with the pit bulls across the street and doesn't think he'd resort to shooting one. However, he has had a close encounter with another pit in the neighborhood.

"A couple of weeks ago, we had one rush into the house, and he bit my six-month-old in the face," says Nierenberg.

Pit bulls are a growing concern for Huntsville Animal Services.

"What I see is a lot of people with pit bulls are not responsible with the animals," says Karen Hill, DVM.

Like any dog, she says the key is keeping them contained.

"It's safe for you, your pets, your community," says Hill.

It's a lesson Robert Smith, his poodle, and this pit bull had to learn the hard way.

Right now, Huntsville Police have not charged Smith with any crime, but they did confiscate his handgun. As for the pit bull owners, we knocked on their door, but no one answered.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:53:18 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Right now, Huntsville Police have not charged Smith with any crime, but they did confiscate his handgun.

Uh... Why?
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:53:45 AM EDT
[#2]
He should be set on fire for killing the dog.

(Sarcastic response prompted by some of the replies to the cat thread)
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:57:37 AM EDT
[#3]
If I saw a pit bull mauling my dog like that, I'd put a 9mm into the pit as well.  Only I definitely wouldn't have missed 5 times.  If a pit BIT MY 6 MONTH OLD CHILD IN THE FACE, lord knows what I'd do.

I don't think pits are the problem, as I own one myself and have never had a problem, but it's the dumbass owners.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 6:00:40 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
If a pit BIT MY 6 MONTH OLD CHILD IN THE FACE, lord knows what I'd do.

Kill the dog then the owner.

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 6:04:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 6:04:23 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Zachary Nierenberg and his family were awakened by the gunfire, which still makes him nervous.

"You know, what happens if somebody would have shot and the bullet went through the house and hit a kid, me, or my wife," says Nierenberg.

Ahhh I love the stupid.  If your wife or kid were hit by rounds then guy firing them would be responsible but since they weren't hit... he's not... so shut the fuck up.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 6:04:54 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Right now, Huntsville Police have not charged Smith with any crime, but they did confiscate his handgun.

Uh... Why?

damn you!

I forgot to highlight that.

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 6:11:07 AM EDT
[#8]
I know that this wasn't lost on Tactical_Jew because he made bold the telling quotes
on this Zachary Nierenberg idiot. He, in one sentence complains about the use of a
gun, then relays that his 6 month old baby was bit in the face?

This is what we're up against

GM
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 6:11:08 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Pistol toting poodle owner? WOW!

Hope the guy gets his pistol back.

Pink Pistols???

And yes, I would have shot the pitbull if it attacked my dog (not a poodle).  Hopefully I wouldn't miss 5 times though.

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 6:19:47 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Are you really that much of an idiot?  

Any critter that attacks me or my pets because the owner was too negligent to keep his animal under control will get put down.  If you think that is in any way equivalent to some sick fuck torturing a kitten you sir are a shitbird.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 6:21:06 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

As compared to........?
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 6:24:38 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Uh... Why?

I suppose as evidence in case they decided to charge him with something.  If not, I'm sure he'll get it back (or at least be able to request it back).
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 6:30:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Great.  Now the gang bangers who owned the pit bull know he is unarmed.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 6:31:03 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Uh... Why?

Jealousy

PS: Zachary is a f$^king nimrod.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 6:35:00 AM EDT
[#15]
A dog got into his house and bit his baby in the face!?!

There is so much wrong on so many levels I don't know where to begin.  You know, maybe it would have been good if he had been accidentally shot.  Idiots of that magnitude need to be removed from the gene pool.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 6:37:46 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
"He didn't have no business running around," says Smith.

"The dog still has my dog in his mouth," says Smith. "I had to shoot him to get him off my dog," he adds.

"One police[man] told me he would have done the same thing," says Smith.

"What I see is a lot of people with pit bulls are not responsible with the animals," says Karen Hill, DVM.

Imagine that an article that doesn't actually blame a breed of dog, but points out owners have to be responsible.

The article also quotes the poodle owner, indicating he was just what he felt was reasonable, and includes that a police officer agreed with the action.

Why was the gun taken? The police are doing an "investigation", the gun is evidence. They probably want to fully investigate the incident, collecting relevant evidence, and statments beofre submitting the complete reports for review to the higher ups at the PD or prosecutors office.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 6:38:35 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 6:52:28 AM EDT
[#18]
Just an assumption but police always confiscate a gun when its fired in a possible crime.

As far as the dog goes. I've had run in with free raoming dogs and most have not been good. They have bitten my young nephews and I take no chances. Free roaming dog = agressive?= dead dog . Period.

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 7:20:25 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Any critter that attacks me or my pets because the owner was too negligent to keep his animal under control will get put down.  If you think that is in any way equivalent to some sick fuck torturing a kitten you sir are a shitbird.

Your personal attack is unwarranted. If you have a different opinion than me that is your right. No need to be hateful about it. You are the one that is willing to go to prison for life to avenge the death of an animal IIRC. I don't believe that any animals life is worth any humans life. My opinion.

Exactly what is a "shitbird"? Is it a bad thing to be one? Sounds like some kind of an animal.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 7:21:14 AM EDT
[#20]
Several years ago I had to shoot a Rotty who got out of his fenced yard & attacked several dogs in the neighborhood. He wasn't trained socially so basically he was an asshole.

After attacking my next door neighbor's Rotty (who was on his chain) & wouldn't let go, I put some .45acp into him. I hated to do it but I still blame its owner for not having him socialized.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 11:51:24 AM EDT
[#21]
I still don't understand why his gun was taken.
Ridiculous.

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 11:55:53 AM EDT
[#22]

Wah!

What if a meteor had hit your house?

He says he's never had a problem with the pit bulls across the street and doesn't think he'd resort to shooting one. However, he has had a close encounter with another pit in the neighborhood.

"A couple of weeks ago, we had one rush into the house, and he bit my six-month-old in the face," says Nierenberg.

But the little bitch wouldn't shoot one to protect his own kid?

What a pussy.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 11:58:40 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Just an assumption but police always confiscate a gun when its fired in a possible crime.

And this is why you NEED to own more than 1 gun.

and if they take all your guns, you need to borrow one from a buddy.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 12:07:30 PM EDT
[#24]
I'd kill the fucker also
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 12:08:46 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
You are the one that is willing to go to prison for life to avenge the death of an animal IIRC. I don't believe that any animals life is worth any humans life. My opinion.

I take it that you don't think he should have shot the pit.  Is that correct?
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 12:09:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Sounds like a good shoot to me!!!!
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 12:10:27 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

"..And...and ....and...what if some guy drove his car off the road and thru my house....and...and...and what if an airliner falls from the sky and hits my house.....and...and...what if the office building I work in collapses....and ...."

I can't imagine what it would be like to live in that much fear.

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 12:12:30 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:"You know, what happens if somebody would have shot and the bullet went through the house and hit a kid, me, or my wife," says Nierenberg.

Boggles the mind... if a civilian defends himself, shooting a few rounds... he endangeres the whole block. Several cops firing several rounds and missing half the time... no one even sqeaks about it.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 12:13:59 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Uh... Why?

Discharging a firearm in the city to break up a fight between two animals? Dog attaching a child, shoot all you want. Dog attacking another dog. Better be sure of your backstop, becuase every bullet fired is a greater risk to the neighborhood than dog fight.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 12:17:16 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:"You know, what happens if somebody would have shot and the bullet went through the house and hit a kid, me, or my wife," says Nierenberg.

Boggles the mind... if a civilian defends himself, shooting a few rounds...

Defending an ANIMAL.  Does he also resort to gunfire when a Robin attacks an earth worm, or a cat attacks a mouse?
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 12:18:41 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 12:21:35 PM EDT
[#32]
My only question, was the poodle running free, it sounds like it? If so both owners are at fault. And I don't want this guy shooting a gun by my house, 8 shots only three hit the dog.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 12:27:11 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your personal attack is unwarranted. If you have a different opinion than me that is your right. No need to be hateful about it. You are the one that is willing to go to prison for life to avenge the death of an animal IIRC. I don't believe that any animals life is worth any humans life. My opinion.

What in the hell are you talking about?

Where in my post did I say anything about killing a human?

Work on your reading comprehension.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 12:28:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 12:33:29 PM EDT
[#35]
If one even comes in my yard I'm going to shoot it. If I'am walking my leashed dog in the street and one comes out of it's yard I'm shooting it.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 12:34:39 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Then burn down the owners house, kill his family. Hunt down his lawyer just to be sure.

And when I calmed down I'd kill 'em all again!
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 12:36:19 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
If one even comes in my yard I'm going to shoot it. If I'am walking my leashed dog in the street and one comes out of it's yard I'm shooting it.

Well next time I see a poddle running free I am going to put a cap in its ass.

Only dog that has ever bit me to the point I need to go to the doctor was a small little dog. Ripped my hand clean open.

So all you little yappy dog owners better keep it on a leash because I am putting a cap in it if not.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 12:40:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 12:42:10 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well next time I see a poodle running free I am going to put a cap in its ass.

Only dog that has ever bit me to the point I need to go to the doctor was a small little dog. Ripped my hand clean open.

So all you little yappy dog owners bitches better keep it on a leash because I am putting a cap in it if not.  Bitches!

Fixed it for you there.

Hhaha, watch out I am finin to get up outa this here chair ya heer.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 12:42:51 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1 for the dog at least, turn it into swiss cheese, leave it and a summons on the neighbors doorstep.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 12:45:43 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1 for the dog at least, turn it into swiss cheese, leave it and a summons on the neighbors doorstep.

Well here the state would likely have your dog put down.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 12:49:09 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

That's why you need to have lots of pistols.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 12:51:34 PM EDT
[#43]
I live in Indiana.  I shot my neighbors rotweiller with an ar-15.  I immediately called the sherrifs office.  They said I was justified protecting my geese he was killing.  I had warned my neighbor to keep him up many times after he had killed a baby goat of mine.  I hated to do it but the irresponsible dog owner forced it upon me.  P.S. they did not even look at my gun.  The deputy laughed and asked what I shot it with.

Bob
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 12:54:31 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

"..And...and ....and...what if some guy drove his car off the road and thru my house....and...and...and what if an airliner falls from the sky and hits my house.....and...and...what if the office building I work in collapses....and ...." And if my Aunt had balls she'd be my Uncle

I can't imagine what it would be like to live in that much fear.

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 12:59:49 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
He watched as the pit attacked his poodle and dragged him behind a house across the street.

I am really really guessing this guys dog was also running loose. If so no way in hell the guy had the right to grab a pistol and start shooting it in a neighbor hood. I would have kicked this guys ass if it was my house he was doing it at. Then I would have filed a lawsuit.

Again 8 SHOTS, 3 hit where are the other 5?
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 1:07:25 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pink Pistols???

And yes, I would have shot the pitbull if it attacked my dog (not a poodle).  Hopefully I wouldn't miss 5 times though.

Hey, hey hey!

Some of us get dogs for their wives too you know. She wanted a little dog so I got her a little one.

/pistol-packing, toy-poodle-owning, straight married dude
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 1:08:35 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

And if the cops took your handgun, you would be unarmed?

It doesn't work that way in my neighborhood. They would have to take one a day for a couple of weeks. Then I'd have to go to the Saturday morning swap meet and get some more.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 1:09:13 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pink Pistols???

Hey, hey hey!

Some of us get dogs for their wives too you know. She wanted a little dog so I got her a little one.

/pistol-packing, toy-poodle-owning, straight married dude

Sure just don't let your finger slip in to its AHOLE while holding it. JK all in fun Or is it?
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 1:10:39 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

So am I a gangbanger cuz?
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 1:21:43 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:
You are the one that is willing to go to prison for life to avenge the death of an animal IIRC. I don't believe that any animals life is worth any humans life. My opinion.

I take it that you don't think he should have shot the pit.  Is that correct?

Nope. Your mistake. I'd have shot that dog as fast as I could draw my pistol.

Just curious. How did you come to that conclusion from reading my post. iIve been on pain pills for the last two days but I was pretty sure my thoughts were being transfered in a coherent  manner.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top