Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2004 5:14:13 AM EDT
I would like to attend a course to learn all the tricks and technology shooting and maintaining an AR15/M16.

Keep in count that I CANNOT bring with me, even as a temporary export/import, my Oly, since it is classified "preban" (it has all those evil things attached... you know what I mean...) I should use something locally.

Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance...
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:27:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:54:14 AM EDT
[#2]
MCRD San Diego is a good place to start
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 7:30:39 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't think I am still eligible to serve in the Marines.

Guys, be serious once in a liftime... I want to diffuse AR15 shooting contests in Italy, and I need to be technically prepared on this issue.

ANY ADVICE????

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 7:31:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Frontsight.

It's close to Las Vegas.  Easy to fly into and out of.

Cheap if you haven't been there before. $200 for the 4 day Practical Rifle course.

They have rental guns.

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 8:27:09 AM EDT
[#5]
GREAT!!!!

Thanks... Are they from the army or only gun amateurs?
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 8:31:15 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Frontsight.

It's close to Las Vegas.  Easy to fly into and out of.

Cheap if you haven't been there before. $200 for the 4 day Practical Rifle course.

They have rental guns.

I think you mean $1200 for the 4 day course.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 8:33:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Gun "amatures?"  Must have lost something in the translation.

The best shooters in the world are civilian teachers and competitiors...all the Front sight instructors are top notch.

Here's a link to our club in Utah...we shoot and teach 3 gun tactics with an emphasis on the practical rifle, pistol, and shotgun.

www.udpl.net

We can always hook you up with an AR...

Email me for more info.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 8:48:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Pablo,
There are some pretty good schools here in the US.  If you're budget is high Blackwater (on the East Coast) and Gunsite (in Arizona) are two of the best.

If you're just looking for a 'weekend thing' while you are here in the states visiting.  I can highly recommend FIRE Institute's courses.

Be advised most courses in the US require some form of proof you are a good citizen/don't have a police record.  Check with the school you want to attend and see what they require.  Many times a letter from your local police saying you're a good person with no record will suffice.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 11:45:25 AM EDT
[#9]
If you just want to learn how to shoot fast and effectively, Mid-South Shooters is one of the foremost schools in the country.

If you are more interested in strategy, tactics and defensive shooting then schools like Blackwater, Gunsite and Thunder Ranch have both excellent facilities and staff.

There are hundreds of smaller schools as well, depending on what area of the country you are going to; but I would gladly shell out my own hard-earned money for any of the above schools.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 2:25:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Preban should be a non-issue (at least federally) in less than a month.

Still, going to a school that will rent or give you a loaner sounds like an easier way to go.

Thunder Ranch is changing how they do things (and moving), but if you’ve got the money they might be worth considering.  However, I don’t know if they will supply a rifle.  www.thunderranchinc.com/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top