... they blew their wad on junk that packs my mailbox each week

Sadly, you are probably correct...  
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:26:48 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
... they blew their wad on junk that packs my mailbox each week

Sadly, you are probably correct...  

So... I am not the only one who gets crap weekly.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:32:31 AM EDT
[#4]
I thought they weren't running ad's because of McCain-Feingold.  

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:41:29 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm a life member and I still get mail asking me to join up.
I have called them and talked to them about it twice.
I have talked to people at the gun show booths about it every time I am there.
They tell me that it is because they pull my name off gun magazine subscriptions and just send the stuff out.
I subscribe to a new one, and they send the stuff out.
I am sick of it.

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:47:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Well, at least thanks to Mcain, Feingold, and Bush you on't have to listen to their annoying ads on the radio.

Got this from a web site on the cfr law:

The Ban on TV and Radio Ads
Many people associate campaign finance reform with an attempt to prevent influencing officeholders or political parties with large campaign contributions. However, few understand that it also places significant restrictions on free speech by creating broadcast bans on television and radio advertising under certain circumstances.

According to the McCain-Feingold law, citizen groups that do not meet burdensome qualifications cannot broadcast a commercial that refers to a candidate for federal office on a TV or radio station that reaches 50,000 or more of the candidate’s voting constituents within 60 days of the general election or 30 days prior to a primary election. Anyone who violates this ban is guilty of a federal crime and is subject to fines and imprisonment.

The McCain-Feingold law stifles citizen groups by limiting what they can say, when they can say it, and how they can deliver their message.

Non-qualified citizen groups cannot broadcast TV and radio ads that clearly identify a federal candidate, which includes using the candidate's name, nickname, or image, or making an unambiguous reference to the person or his status as a candidate.
Non-qualified citizen groups cannot air TV and radio ads which contain the prohibited references to a candidate within 30 days of a primary election or 60 days prior to a general election. This window of time has become known as the "blackout period."
Citizen groups can use newspaper ads, mailings, and telephone calls to communicate with the general public, but unless they meet burdensome qualifications, they cannot communicate on the same issues through TV and radio advertising, which are far more effective at reaching a larger audience.

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 12:18:00 PM EDT
[#7]
They can't run ads because of McCain Fiengold.  That's why they were so adamant against it.  I don't know if they are setting up a 527 to advertize.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 12:41:18 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
They can't run ads because of McCain Fiengold.  That's why they were so adamant against it.  I don't know if they are setting up a 527 to advertize.

GunLvr

The CRF prevents corporations (like the NRA) from advertising during the blackout period.  It also prevents them from setting up 527 front groups.  The only way around this is if the NRA starts up its own media outlet, like radio and TV.   They've been talking about doing that for several months.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 12:47:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Isn't that NRA News online?
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 12:49:32 PM EDT
[#10]
This is just complete bullshit. I dont know how the mccain feingold campaign finance reform act got passed. It is blatantly unconstitutional to even the most casual of observers. Of course the NFA is also unconstitutional but nobody cares about that now do they.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 7:26:10 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

GunLvr

The CRF prevents corporations (like the NRA) from advertising during the blackout period.  It also prevents them from setting up 527 front groups.  The only way around this is if the NRA starts up its own media outlet, like radio and TV.   They've been talking about doing that for several months.

But isn't MoveOn.org a front group and a corporation?

GunLvr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top