Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/26/2004 9:44:32 PM EDT
When I came home from work this morning..I'm usually greeted by my favorite cat Max...

After talking to my neighbor he told me about a bad cat vs. coon fight...so I went looking for him...and found max under the house...Max is always an indoors cat...but apparantley he snuck out last night when I went to work.

He had been poisioned by anti-freeze...we had to put him down after 12 hours of medical care and over four hundred dollars later....

If I ever find the person who did it...they'll find out how antifreeze tastes...with a little side order of 55 gr. FMJs

I was really tore up about it..so my wife and I went to the local pet store and bought us two brand new kitties..

their names are Shooter and Henry....I hope some good will come of this.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:45:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I hope you find the bastard and pay them back.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:45:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Sorry to hear that, I had a cat that was killed, we found it dead by its water, vet said it was poisined.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:46:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Sorry for your loss.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:46:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Sorry to hear about your cat. Some around here don't like cats, but I've always liked them due to
their independence, which I think is an endearing quality to them.

There are some sick people out there, as has been shown....
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:47:01 PM EDT
[#5]
There are some fuckin sick people out there. Sorry for your loss.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:47:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Sorry, mang...
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:49:55 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
There are some fuckin sick people out there.

very sorry to hear
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:54:32 PM EDT
[#8]
I guess I don't have to tell you how I feel.......

Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:56:40 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm so sorry about your cat. Have fun with the new kittens though.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 11:02:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Sorry for your loss. Why did BUY kittens instead of adopting from a shelter?

I think the hate some peopls show for cats is because they are so independent and people dont like knowing there is something they cant control or something that doesn't need them.

S.O.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 11:04:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Worst thing I had to do pet-wise was bury my cat.  She was half feral, not very friendly, would attack your hand if it was dark and you went to pet her, but she was my goddamn cat.

Enjoy the kittens, they bring the memories of the old cat growing up.  Mine used to nurse on any part of your body that was near it when she got sleepy.  Cat nursing on your ear lobe has to be one of the strangest sensations ever.

Sorry about your cat but she didn't suffer nearly as long as some pets with prolonged illness.  

- BUCC_Guy
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 11:08:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Sorry to hear this.  Goddamn people!

I'd give it a while before you get another one.  A new one doesn't just replace the lost family member.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 11:14:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Sorry to hear about your loss. That sucks big time.

Where are the cat-haters, btw? Where is sgtar15 when you expect him most? Probably mixing up some Prestone in the kitchen.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 11:15:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Please keep your new kitties inside!
I hope that you find the low-life that poisioned them.

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 1:35:26 PM EDT
[#15]
I bought the kitties from a shelter outsource...one that doesnt require you to sign your name in blood and give over documentation about everything you own.

He was a great cat...he'll be missed....thank you all for your kind words.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 1:36:51 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm not a huge fan of cats, but that's just sad...

EDIT: I'm glad you got two new kittens.  Keep a close eye on them.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 1:39:31 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I hope you find the bastard and pay them back.

+1

sorry man.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 1:40:43 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Please keep your new kitties inside!
I hope that you find the low-life that poisioned them.

He kept Max inside too.

I had a favorite cat named Max.  He was crazier than a shithouse rat, took no crap from my wife's cats, but was very sweet.  My favorite memory of him was when we had just gotten him.  He was born to a litter from a domesticated female and a feral male.  Anyway, we had just got him back after leaving him at the vet to get his shots and get fixed.  The other cat's picked on him something fierce.  He was going up the stairs first and one of the orange tabbies slapped him down a stair or two and tried to walk past him.  Max let him pass, only to chomp down on his ass with both claws and ride the tabby down the stairs.  It was shortly after that incident that he established himself as the alpha male even though he was half the size of the other three.  The hardest thing was having to give him away when we moved.

I hope you find the bastard who poisoned him.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 1:41:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Sorry for the theft of your best friend from you man.:(

Being a cat person, I know the hurt.

Hope you find the jag off that did this.

Chris
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 1:43:25 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm sorry for your loss. How do you know the poisioning was on purpose and antifreeze, so the rest of us will know what to look for if it happens to our pets? Let's hope it it was accidental and wont happen to someone elses pet!

Did the vet say weather or not the cat could have been saved?
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 1:46:01 PM EDT
[#21]
five5six

Sorry to here that

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 1:48:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Sorry to hear about your little buddy.  

People who torture weaker creatures set me off bigtime .   Good luck with the new ones and try to keep em inside a sbest you can!

NorCal  

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 1:49:42 PM EDT
[#23]

My vet sent me this in a card when I had to put my last cat to sleep.  I hope it helps.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 1:52:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Sorry to hear about what happened. My cat Handout, that I brought with me from AZ when I moved to TN a few years ago had to be put to sleep shortly after I moved. The vet said she had lukemia but I think it was some flea powder that I put on her, it broke my heart to have her put down. A couple years later I adopted a kitten from the barn after I had to put her mom down because of a birthing mishap.  Yesterday I found two kittens about 4 months old down at the shead where I park my truck. I took them some food and water, I think someone just dropped them off because this is the first I've seen of them around here.  We're going to see if we can find a home for them and if we can't I'll take them to the local shelter. Mom's old cat, Ginger, is starting to not be very long for this earth, she's about 16 years old. I think we may have to have here put down in a few months if she doesn't get to feeling any better.   I wish cats would live longer, it really hurts to have to say "good bye" to a friend after what seems to be such a short amount of time. Hopefully you'll find another cat you can befriend, it doesn't really replace the one that you lost but it does help you to feel better to have another one to love on and play with. Talk to ya' later.  
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 2:03:34 PM EDT
[#25]
sorry to hear about your cat. We just lost the other cat that my wife brought over from Russia. We lost to the other cat last year. she had lung cancer. This one, Monica. had kidney failure. Hardest thing to do was take her to the vet...just like the first one,Lucy. My wife had Lucy cremated.  When we bought our house, I buried her near the holly tree. Now Monica is buried next to her. I know it sounds crazy but I was really attached to those cats. Monica was my buddy..always waited for me to come home from work.
BTW, guy, I hope you find the guy that killed your cat. Maybe he'd like to have an anti-freeze cocktail. The cruelty of some people astounds me.  
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 2:06:11 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
When I came home from work this morning..I'm usually greeted by my favorite cat Max...

After talking to my neighbor he told me about a bad cat vs. coon fight...so I went looking for him...and found max under the house...Max is always an indoors cat...but apparantley he snuck out last night when I went to work.

He had been poisioned by anti-freeze...we had to put him down after 12 hours of medical care and over four hundred dollars later....

If I ever find the person who did it...they'll find out how antifreeze tastes...with a little side order of 55 gr. FMJs

I was really tore up about it..so my wife and I went to the local pet store and bought us two brand new kitties..

their names are Shooter and Henry....I hope some good will come of this.

Terrible deal. I hate chickenshit people that harm animals.

Good luck with the new kitties !
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 2:06:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Why the hell do people try to kill cats? It's so incredibly cruel.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 2:09:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Damn Man, I'm sorry to hear that.

I have three of the little furballs and I wouldn't sleep until I found the son of a bitch shitstain that did something like that to one of them. And yes, I would be fully prepared to hurt the bastard over a cat.

Max will be waiting for you at the rainbow bridge.  I fully believe that animals have souls...anything that can love so unconditionally has to.

Pet your new kitties for me, and I'll raise a toast to Max tonight. He sounds like he was a good boy.

SG

Edited to add: I'm glad to see that so far the cat haters on this site are keeping their big fucking yaps shut for a change.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 2:11:44 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Why the hell do people try to kill cats? It's so incredibly cruel.

+1
I know some people on this board that would have used those kittens that showed up here as "targets" but why, what is fundamentally wrong with their head that they'd abuse an amimal like that. I took them some food and played with them for a while, the calico let me pet her after a bit but the black and white one is still shy. I love cats, they're way cooler then dogs. Poor little things, if I didn't have so much to do around here already, what with taking care of my invalid mother and all I'd keep em' but I can't so I need to find them a home.  

As for the asshat that put out the anti-freeze, Karma will catch up with him sooner or later.  I know that's cold comfort right now but at least you know that he'll get his eventually.  
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 2:19:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 2:26:18 PM EDT
[#31]
sorry to hear that man.

I'm glad you got 2 new kittens to help heal the pain.  I have no respect for anyone who would knowingly condemn an animal to that kind of death.   Hopefully you find that fucker.

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 2:28:54 PM EDT
[#32]
My cat Pumpkin I had for 16 years passed away a year ago. It was hard on me, very hard. I had her since I was in Pre-School and I found her. She was wandering around the school on a cold rainy day. My mom took er back to the house for me. She died of natural causes, and I had her creamated. About three months later I adpoted another kitten. She died a week later...The SOB who adopted her out lied about her health, failed to take care of her. I sent the Deparment of Agriculture after her ass. They found her guilty of a bunch of charges and closed her shop down. About 5 months after that ordeal my wife came home with two new kitties. My daughter named them Manny and Girl. Manny is a big fat male cat. He and I run the house. He is the coolest damn cat you would ever meet, loves people. While I was vacationing in Wisconsin my wife found two kittens that were displaced by a Twister. We kept them too, there names are Henry and Boot. I've got four cats now, and love em to death.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 2:35:03 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
If I ever find the person who did it....

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 2:37:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Sorry to heat about your loss. I never was a cat person until I actually got a cat. I think kittens are the worse part about cats. They get into everything, they are walking razor blades. I am glad my cat is over a year old now. I actually like him now.

I had a veterinarian kill my first cat, and as part of my "healing" I created this site:

VetReview.org
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 2:38:17 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:
If I ever find the person who did it....

Sgtar15

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 2:38:42 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Where are the cat-haters, btw? Where is sgtar15 when you expect him most? Probably mixing up some Prestone in the kitchen.

No...I wouldn't make them suffer like that.

And I wouldn't injure one on someone else property.

But if it came on MY property (Since the cat was outside) then I might have to take drastic action.

After all....there is a reason Aquilla makes "primer only" .22LR

Not to say I am not sorry for the guys loss, I am....but it is still just a cat.

SGatr15
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 2:39:15 PM EDT
[#37]
Poor cat. I hate that. I'm sorry to hear about Max.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 2:45:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Sorry to hear about that man.
Enjoy the new kittens.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 2:46:30 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

But if it came on MY property (Since the cat was outside) then I might have to take drastic action.

Not to say I am not sorry for the guys loss, I am....but it is still just a cat.

SGatr15

Why do  you feel that way. Cats are such beautiful creatures, there is a "wildness" about them that I just love. It's neat having an amimal that is still close to it's wild roots be a friend and companion. I can't for the life of me understand why you and so many others just plain hate cats. Why can't you just leave them alone and let them be, why do you feel so compeled to kill them?  I just don't understand some people. I guess they just can't stand letting anything that lives "free" live.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 2:48:52 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

SGatr15

Sarge,
 Pets get out from time to time.  Would it be too much to ask to help out a nieghbor if you see their animal loose rather than killing it? Its called being a good neighbor.  Do they not teach that in sunday school anymore?

p.s.  This has nothing to do with being against killing pests.  I'm quick to get rid of pests on my land, but when it comes to animals that are commonly household pets I exercise some restraint.  
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 2:51:42 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Why do  you feel that way. Cats are such beautiful creatures, there is a "wildness" about them that I just love. It's neat having an amimal that is still close to it's wild roots be a friend and companion.

Don't get me wrong.  I like cats.  I have a cat, Wyatt Earp

But............

I can't for the life of me understand why you and so many others just plain hate cats. Why can't you just leave them alone and let them be, why do you feel so compeled to kill them?

My cat is kept inside.  When other cats come onto my property they piss, shit and make noice.  I don't like any of that.  Since it is MY porperty and not the cats then I have the right to eradicate the problem as I see fit.  And sometimes a cat has to many in a litter.  WHy send them to the pound and let the state kill them when I can take care of the job myself?

SGtar15
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 2:53:21 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
There are some fuckin sick people out there. Sorry for your loss.

And some of them post here bragging about killing pets.  
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 2:55:32 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Sarge,
 Pets get out from time to time.  Would it be too much to ask to help out a nieghbor if you see their animal loose rather than killing it? Its called being a good neighbor.  Do they not teach that in sunday school anymore?

I agree.  That's a great first step.

But when it fails....

SGtar15
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 2:57:32 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why do  you feel that way. Cats are such beautiful creatures, there is a "wildness" about them that I just love. It's neat having an amimal that is still close to it's wild roots be a friend and companion.

Don't get me wrong.  I like cats.  I have a cat, Wyatt Earp

photos.ar15.com/WS_Content/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?sAccountUnq=948&iGalleryUnq=1520&iImageUnq=28862

But............

I can't for the life of me understand why you and so many others just plain hate cats. Why can't you just leave them alone and let them be, why do you feel so compeled to kill them?

My cat is kept inside.  When other cats come onto my property they piss, shit and make noice.  I don't like any of that.  Since it is MY porperty and not the cats then I have the right to eradicate the problem as I see fit.  And sometimes a cat has to many in a litter.  WHy send them to the pound and let the state kill them when I can take care of the job myself?

SGtar15

Because a shot to put them to sleep is less tramatic then a bullet. Just stop for a second and think, how would you feel if your cat got out and someone shot it, it'd break your heart, would it not.  If a cat is "fixed" then normally won't mark all over the place like an un-fixed cat will. By the way, that's a neat looking cat, now you just need to learn how to spread the love you feel for W.E. to the rest of the cat world.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 2:57:33 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 2:59:16 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

. By the way, that's a neat looking cat, now you just need to learn how to spread the love you feel for W.E. to the rest of the cat world.

I tried that...the cat said no.

SGtar15
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 3:00:30 PM EDT
[#47]
Sorry for your loss.  I love my cats very much.  Far better indoor pets than dogs, in my opinion.

I am doubtful that your cat was intentionally poisoned given that he is usually indoors and just slipped out for one night.  I would be more inclined to think he got into a spill, even a fairly small spill, of antifreeze.  Look around in your immediate area for an old clunker of a car or the like.  Or possibly a nearby garage or yard with a ton of home-style hazmat laying around.  You'd be surprised what people do.

Regardless, I hope you enjoy your two new kittens.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 3:00:41 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Sorry for your loss. Why did BUY kittens instead of adopting from a shelter?

A lot of the time you can't get kittens.  They mostly show up in the spring, and they're so cute they get instantly adopted.

I prefer older cats (1yo+).  Their personalities have usually stabilized by then, so when you "interview" them at the shelter you can get a good read on them.

I think the hate some peopls show for cats is because they are so independent and people dont like knowing there is something they cant control or something that doesn't need them.

Cats have complex personalities; they can be great pets one minute and the next minute they do something that makes you want to smack them.  Even the best of them are sometimes arrogant, spiteful, cruel, and sneaky.  They will challenge your authority on a regular basis.  If you have personal security issues, they will seek them out and exploit them.  Somehow they know when you just did something stupid, and they're not afraid to call you on it.

I love dogs, but a dog's loyalty is blind.  Gaining a cat's loyalty takes work.  I think of it as a noble challenge; some people just see it as a pain in the ass.  Such is life.

jafager
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 3:01:26 PM EDT
[#49]
Sorry to hear about your loss.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 3:01:29 PM EDT
[#50]
Sorry for your loss, I hope you find out who did it.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top