Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2004 7:43:46 PM EDT
im not going to use them in combat, but on the race team, if any of you guys follow auto racing, you know the demands on the teams to produce a winning car, which means being in your boots 24/7 and usually on your feet, it is very demanding on the feet, just like combat..sooo were in the market for some combat boots to help us work faster and more comfortable..

out of the big manufactures which boot is best?  pro's and cons?

Danner
Bates
Rocky
Magnum
Thorogood,      im shur i missed a few, but im looking foward to some feedback....

thanx...
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 8:31:41 PM EDT
[#1]
go with boots designed for said activities,,,
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 8:38:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Doc Martens...pre Chinese made crap.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 8:40:36 PM EDT
[#3]
That would be these --- > MATTERHORN ALL WEATHER BOOT - developed for the military and rated from 10 degrees to 90 degrees Now featuring - Intelitemp insulation - regardless of the temperature outside, your feet stay a comfortable 83 degrees - . The Matterhorn Waterproof All Weather Boot is a fully-lined, fully-insulated 100% waterproof boot designed to perform under the harshest conditions. Features leather comfort collar- snug comfortable, seals out cold.10" height permits blousing of trousers. Cambrelle lining long wearing cushion absorbs perspiration, dries quickly, resists odor and mildew. Gore-tex Bootie-100% waterproof microscopic pores keep water out, let perspiration escape. Comfort notch increases freedom of movement, cushioned insole-absorbs shock. Eyelets and D-rings- lace-to-toe for full adjustability and easey entry. Steel Shank provides arch support, good year welt construction combines durability, strength and performance. Vibram Siera sole for long wearing protection. Union Made in the USA.

By far the best boots ever on my feet! Don't leave home without em'
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 8:43:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Matterhorn or Acadia, depending...

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 11:04:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 11:06:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 11:06:27 PM EDT
[#7]
I am rather partial to Danner Fort Lewis boots.

YMMV.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 11:21:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Where can I get the cheapest price on Danners?
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 11:23:54 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I am rather partial to Danner Fort Lewis boots.

YMMV.

I wear mine everyday since mid 2002.  I have worn them over 36 hours straight before.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 1:25:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 1:27:43 AM EDT
[#11]
The ones Kerry wore.....
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 1:30:32 AM EDT
[#12]
I got my Danners off ebay, new for $120.  I couldnt find anywhere that stocked the ones I wanted.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 2:27:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 2:47:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Stay away from Corcoran or other "jump boots".  TOO STIFF for what you're doing.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 2:50:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Altama makes a good boot, they are a supplier for U.S GOVT.,made in my home town!!
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 2:52:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 3:34:17 AM EDT
[#17]
I wear Matterhorn with non-metallic safety toe. I have found the Matterhorns (4th pair daily wear for 10 years) to be superior boots.

I had 2 pair of Danner that the sole split in half at the arch. However if Matterhorn was not available I would buy the Acadia's again.

This pair with the safety toe is the first pair I've had with that feature they are required in some of the locations I visit and good to have on general principle.I find insulation to work both ways in boots so they not only regulate the temperature of your feet when cold but also hot. Brigade Quartermaster has them for I believe $169
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 3:41:27 AM EDT
[#18]
Im very partial to Altama Green Jungle boots that have been resoled by "Da Boot Shop" on Yadkin Road outside of Bragg.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 3:55:20 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Im very partial to Altama Green Jungle boots that have been resoled by "Da Boot Shop" on Yadkin Road outside of Bragg.

Interesting, got a pic ?
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 4:09:27 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Go a few doors down in that same shopping center and get soem Wellcos that come from the fcatory with the kick ass soles, from the fectory store.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 4:58:55 AM EDT
[#21]
Look at the wellco boots, they get very high reviews from troops in the sandbox for being very comfortable.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 1:22:04 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Go a few doors down in that same shopping center and get soem Wellcos that come from the fcatory with the kick ass soles, from the fectory store.

Ive seen the boots your speaking of, but dont like the fact that they have speed laces.  I keep buying the olde skool boots and immediatly having ripps put on them.  

It might all be moot as Im getting some Oakleys and the new Bellevilles that have been approved for flight ops.

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 1:40:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Danner +1
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 3:02:43 PM EDT
[#24]
I have Belleville boots....they are sweet

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 4:40:43 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Look at the wellco boots, they get very high reviews from troops in the sandbox for being very comfortable.

Most confortable combat boot I have ever worn, and beats altima in price.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 4:47:32 PM EDT
[#26]
My feet live in a pair of these 12 hours a day, 7 days a week… most comfortable boots I've ever worn and surprising cheap @$125ish

Hitech Magnum Elite 900's

Andy
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 4:59:00 PM EDT
[#27]
I picked up a pair of once worn Bates Enforcers off the Files for 35$ delivered.
When did Bates start making boots in China?
Theyre pretty good.I like my Rockys..........also chink made!

But nothing comparred to my old Danners!! You cant beat them...........not anymore.

Its a cryin shame that so many companies are over-seas now.When I was a teenager you could shop all day for boots with dozens of good styles to choose from ........made right here!

Now youll be lucky to find one pair made in America!

This shit has to stop .....SOON!!
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:00:04 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Those aforementioned boots would make your feet sweat something fierce.  I love my Danners but only in winter.  During the summer, if I'm working an urban environment, I'll wear my Hi-Tecs.  Your situation would seem to call for something with a steel toe though.

Check the Red Wing line.

Red wings are worth every penny.  And you won't look like a wannabe ass like you would in combat boots.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:02:47 PM EDT
[#29]
BTW.............if you get to Daytona.........GI Jeffs , on Speedway Blvd.,has a good selection of Carolina logging boots,US made,non insulated,steel toe,Vibram lug sole,about $120 !!

Great boots,had 3 pairs while living in Fla..................Ill buy another when I get back there!
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:03:13 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
I wear Matterhorn with non-metallic safety toe. I have found the Matterhorns (4th pair daily wear for 10 years) to be superior boots.

I have the same pair. They cost me $225 from US Cav a few years back, easily the best boots I have ever worn!
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:13:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Danners hands down, stone cold... cannot be beat.

I wear Danner Ft. Lewis for work and have for going on more than a decade. I destroy one pair a year. I take care of my boots and they still only last a year doing heavy construction with daily use.... usually 11 hours of wear per day.

I would not own or use anything other than Danners, if you are concerned with heat, get the ones without insulation. The only thing I do different is throw out the plastic orthotic insole and put in a Dr Scholl support made for sports. Helps provide some additonal support to the arch of the foot with the plastic insole not in there.

Good luck in choosing your boot!

Dram out
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:14:54 PM EDT
[#32]
What are those Oakley Assault Boots like?
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:32:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Saw the Magnum desert boots in US Cav., supposedly British issue boots.  Got a pair for about $80 from the local Army/Navy store.  Very comfortable and my feet don't sweat too bad which is usually a problem for me.  Good support.  I had the Altama desert boots previously.  The Magnums are far better.  The black Magnums posted earlier look really nice too.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:33:18 PM EDT
[#34]
I've always liked my old green jungle boots

put many a mile on them...they only get better
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:37:05 PM EDT
[#35]
Danners for me.

VERY tactical.

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:40:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:47:57 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Saw the Magnum desert boots in US Cav., supposedly British issue boots.  Got a pair for about $80 from the local Army/Navy store.  Very comfortable and my feet don't sweat too bad which is usually a problem for me.  Good support.  I had the Altama desert boots previously.  The Magnums are far better.  The black Magnums posted earlier look really nice too.

Yep, the Magnums are now standard British issue desert boots, everyone was buying them out of their own money as the original military issue ones were shit. Much to everyones surprise the Military decided to issue the Magnums as standard.

Andy
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:54:00 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 6:03:38 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
That would be these --- > MATTERHORN ALL WEATHER BOOT - developed for the military and rated from 10 degrees to 90 degrees Now featuring - Intelitemp insulation - regardless of the temperature outside, your feet stay a comfortable 83 degrees - . The Matterhorn Waterproof All Weather Boot is a fully-lined, fully-insulated 100% waterproof boot designed to perform under the harshest conditions. Features leather comfort collar- snug comfortable, seals out cold.10" height permits blousing of trousers. Cambrelle lining long wearing cushion absorbs perspiration, dries quickly, resists odor and mildew. Gore-tex Bootie-100% waterproof microscopic pores keep water out, let perspiration escape. Comfort notch increases freedom of movement, cushioned insole-absorbs shock. Eyelets and D-rings- lace-to-toe for full adjustability and easey entry. Steel Shank provides arch support, good year welt construction combines durability, strength and performance. Vibram Siera sole for long wearing protection. Union Made in the USA.

www.msnusers.com/_Secure/0VwAAACcbKsEkYArOXMDC9bX4BgBtCOvo1eTn4PMqDod7E4Tn3BL1N94HvNgaNbkF*m4hKdzVP9oZ7F0dhMG7zcsOYw67S7zyxAVwmGXRgTlhMkNFhOGjGTsLcZrmZhQK/comfortemp%5B1%5D.jpg?dc=4675486541557461011

By far the best boots ever on my feet! Don't leave home without em'

+1

The only boots I wore in EOD during my stay in Yakima.  Nothing sucks worse than to be down range and having your feet freeze from wearing the POS issue boots or being "cool" wearing Jungle boots during the Winter.  You can get by most of the time at Ft. Lewis with non-insulated boots in the winter but Yakima is a whole lot colder and windier.  
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 6:42:51 PM EDT
[#40]
thanx for all the feed back, at least with the all the info ,i have narrowed my selection down a bit, just like anything i gotta get down to the local store and try on a few ..which is another point, what happened to all the army navy stores i used to frequent as a youth?
its tough bein' a "war monger" these days....
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 6:47:07 PM EDT
[#41]
I couldn't afford Danners, so I got these a month ago...

ICWB

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 11:47:42 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Sorry to hijack the thread, but what is the best boot for 80 bucks?

I need a couple of pairs of new boots, but don't have enough dinero for the good stuff...  YET.

Is there anything that will beat the GI speedlace boots at that price point?

Get a pair of Bellevilles - I've heard nothing but good things from everyone that has been issued them.  They're a vast improvement over the older issue boots, and you can get them in either summer or winter weight.  You won't have to pay more than that for them if you shop around - you can sometimes get them on eBay for $50 or less.

Dave
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 12:35:08 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 4:52:15 AM EDT
[#44]
Bradley Military was selling Altama Desert Combat boots new for 40 dollars. I bought a pair. Damn good boots.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top