Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2004 6:53:41 PM EDT
I’m just as patriotic as everyone else but every day I wake up the more I see what a joke this country is becoming.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/national/apus_story.asp?category=1110&slug=BRF%20Crated%20Woman

Thursday, August 26, 2004 · Last updated 11:53 a.m. PT

Cuban woman ships self in crate to U.S.
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
MIAMI -- A Cuban woman tucked herself inside a wooden crate the size of a small filing cabinet and had herself shipped from the Bahamas to Miami aboard a cargo plane.
The woman, whose name was not released, will be allowed to stay in the United States. A cargo crew found her curled up inside the crate after unloading it late Tuesday at the Miami airport.
"Certainly she's lucky to be alive," said Zach Mann, spokesman for Customs and Border Protection.
Under the so-called wet-foot, dry-foot policy, Cubans who reach U.S. soil are usually allowed to stay, while those who are picked up at sea are sent home. Federal officials released no information on how the woman got from Cuba to the Bahamas.
The 180-mile route is flown by a third-party contractor for the delivery service DHL, which said it was investigating.
The flight lasted only an hour, so the woman, described as being in her early 20s, would have been exposed to the cold for only a short period, Mann said.
Earlier this year, a homesick man who shipped himself in a wooden cargo crate from New York to Dallas was fined $1,500 and sentenced to four months of house arrest for being a stowaway.

Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:06:22 PM EDT
[#1]
What I hate is the wet foot dry foot policy.  Regardless of where we find you, you need to go back.  Shit man, they snuck in the damn country.  ughhhhh
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top