Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2004 6:24:11 PM EDT
After reading this I sure do feel lucky

Saturday just wasn't Jesse Huffman's day.

First the Great Falls, Mont., 19-year-old was stopped coming over the U.S. border from Canada. Then he was arrested after clogging up a government toilet.

"I've never been arrested before or anything like that, and I get arrested for taking a dump," Huffman, a sophomore at Montana State University-Bozeman (search), told the Great Falls Tribune.

Huffman and four friends were driving back from a party in Alberta when guards at the Port of Sweet Grass (search), where Interstate 15 meets the Canadian border, pulled the car over for a random search.

The driver, also 19, was cited for possession of alcohol. While the group waited, Huffman, who says he has irritable bowels, asked to use the bathroom.

The bathroom was unlocked for him. Huffman went inside, did his business and flushed the toilet — but didn't wait to make sure it all went down.

Within a few minutes, a port inspector found that the toilet was clogged and threatened Huffman with federal charges, which could jeopardize his student loans.

"I didn't think they were serious at first, I was just laughing so hard," said Cory Grayson, a friend of Huffman's from Great Falls who had also been in the car.

Huffman explained his delicate intestinal condition, and said he used "at most" a fifth of a roll of toilet paper.

He then offered to unclog the toilet himself, but was told, "They had absolutely no plungers within 40 miles."

Grayson told the newspaper Huffman's friends asked if they could take pictures of the clogged toilet, but were turned down.

"This guy just blew everything way out of proportion," Huffman said. "I have no idea why he thought I would try to do something like that on purpose."

Port Director Larry Overcast would only say that Huffman "was dealing with an experienced inspector."

Federal charges were not filed, but a Toole County sheriff's deputy drove Huffman 38 miles to the town of Shelby to book him on a charge of misdemeanor criminal mischief, which carries a maximum penalty of six months in jail and a $1,000 fine.

His friends followed and picked him up six hours after his fateful bathroom request.

Huffman, who says a combination of scholarships, loans and his own money pays for college, has hired a lawyer and plans to fight the charge at his court date Tuesday.

"[The fine] would pretty much drain me after I get all my school supplies," Huffman explained. "And that would not be cool."

Let lessons be learned....sometimes you have to flush half-way through.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:26:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:29:29 PM EDT
[#2]
If you are going to lay a log that big, you have to learn to break that shit up with a toilet brush before you try and flush it down.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:36:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Dupe
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:40:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Damn shitter
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:43:34 PM EDT
[#5]
You've got to be shitting me!

CRC
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:47:39 PM EDT
[#6]
It's not my fault. if you had a proper toilet like a Ferguson this would never have happened!
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:50:45 PM EDT
[#7]

He then offered to unclog the toilet himself, but was told, "They had absolutely no plungers within 40 miles."

Plunger shortage? Are plungers banned in that area?
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:00:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Now that's a double deucer.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:03:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Its that damned Fed law about how much water the toilet can use with each flush... he was probably thinking it was a Canadian pre-ban hi-capacity toilet.  
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:05:13 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Plunger shortage? Are plungers banned in that area?

GWB's tax cut made them cut their budget so they couldn't buy a plunger.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top