Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2004 5:33:16 PM EDT
OK, here is our own little thread since I seem to be “hijacking” your other one. I am not trying to be antagonistic here, that is not the spirit of my questions.  Notice that even Jesus debated with others, so debate in and of itself is not wrong.   I will do my best to keep things civil, and hope that others can too.

So here we go.  Here is where we are:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Please show me where the Bible says she was without sin.

Show me an examplein the Bible where she did sin!  Show me an exapmle where Jesus NEVER sinned.

Sure, you guys have thrown out Saints over the years.  All that proves its that you were wrong to begin with.  Who says the saints you pray to now are legit?  Where does it stop?

First off we DON'T pray to Saints...get that thru your head.  Second, all churches make mistakes.  You biutch when the Catholic Church doesn't correct mistakes and then you bitch when we DO correct them!!

Clearly, Catholicism has become a religion of MAN.  More later...I gotta go to work.

REALLY???  Name me ONE religion that DOES NOT involve man???

Dumb ass.

And since it is symbolism in the Catholic Church that you seem to have a problem why don't you tell me about your church?  Does it have a building?(Symbolic as the "House of God")  A Cross?  (Symbolic of the Crucifixion)  Or a WatchTower?  (Whatever the heck that symbolizes)

You SIR ARE HYPOCRATE.

Sgtar15

With regard to:

Show me an examplein the Bible where she did sin!
 The Bible is VERY clear on this:

As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
(Romans 3)  

Which leads us to your next question:

Show me an exapmle where Jesus NEVER sinned.

The Bible is VERY clear on that as well.  (Christ is the only exception to the earlier statement that all have sinned, and as such He is pointed out specifically.  Since Mary is not pointed out as sinless as well, we know she sinned.)

Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast [our] profession.  For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as [we are, yet] without sin.
Hebrews 4:14-15

Next point:

First off we DON'T pray to Saints...get that thru your head.  

OK, that’s fine.   But I live in AZ and I see a culture here (Mexican) that reveres the Virgin Mary as equal with God.  If you don’t believe it, you have but to ask them.  I have, and many have admitted to praying to Mary directly.  Surely the Church knows of this and has done nothing to correct the misconception within the Latin cultures.  What about the Lady of Guadalupe?  One can not help but notice that some cultures have allowed the reverence for Saints to encroach upon the worship of God alone.  Surely, you cannot deny this simple fact?

.  Second, all churches make mistakes.  You biutch when the Catholic Church doesn't correct mistakes and then you bitch when we DO correct them!!

Fair enough.  But…
I was not complaining that the Church was correction it’s mistakes, I was establishing the simple fact that it does make mistakes, and does so by it’s own admission.

And since it is symbolism in the Catholic Church that you seem to have a problem why don't you tell me about your church?  Does it have a building?(Symbolic as the "House of God")  A Cross?  (Symbolic of the Crucifixion)  Or a WatchTower?  (Whatever the heck that symbolizes)

My church does have a building, but it is only a place for believers to gather.  I have attended new churches that were held in a field.  Our building holds no special place in our beliefs--it is unadorned and simple.  In contrast, I have seen the Vatican, and I can assure you that it is certainly adorned.  The building alone is priceless, not to mention the thousands of pounds of gilding that grace its trim.  How many starving people could those funds save?  I wonder.

We also have a cross.  But, it is on it’s side off to the side.  It is a simple, rough-hewn affair and sits on its side as a reminder to parishioners that it is meant for carrying (not adoration).

I have no idea what a watch tower is.

You SIR ARE HYPOCRATE.

How so?

Back to the original point:  Please show me from scripture why you believe the way you do.  This is not meant to be disrespectful in any way, just curious.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:18:08 PM EDT
[#1]
When I was back there in seminary school, thepreacher there said you can petition the Lord with prayer.  Petition the Lord with prayer,...YOU  CANNOT PETITION THE LORD WITH PRAYER!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top