Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2004 4:48:23 PM EDT
Thanks everyone for your prayers and words!  As of 3:00PM today the house has officially been closed!

Guys, if you could, please say a prayer for me and my family.  I know that with so many here going through unemployment, deaths, cancer, etc. this seems somewhat petty, but I have to hand this over to Lord as there's nothing else I can do with it.  We moved up to DFW while trying to sell our house.  It's finally to the closing but they just sprung another $2500 in costs on us after the closing has fallen through twice in the last two months.  I'm tapped financially and have applied for a loan at the bank, but chances are I'm not going to get it.  I paid to move up here out of my own pocket, and my credit cards are all maxed as well.  After closing on the house we just bought, I've got nothing left.  I'm so stressed I can't even eat, which is a new on for me.

So if you could find it in your heart, please pray that I can get this loan and finally get this monkey off my back.  The stress of two mortgages is literally killing me.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 4:55:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Hang in there bud! Prayers inbound!
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 4:57:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Prayer sent
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 5:05:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Prayers sent; that kind of financial pressure really sucks.

2Ti 1:7  
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Link Posted: 8/26/2004 5:54:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I hope your luck changes for the better.

Financial pressure is underrated.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 5:57:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Will do.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:05:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:06:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Prayers on the way. No problem is too small to be turned over to God. It's what He wants us to do.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:09:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Went thru the same shit once dont worry lifes too short, it will all work out and you will be fine.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:21:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Prayers on the way GBT.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:25:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Stay strong, the bad times always end if you keep up the good fight.
Remember what you are fighting for and love life as much as you can.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:26:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Will do.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:28:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Prayers sent GBT!
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:34:57 PM EDT
[#13]
First off, Prayers sent GodBless.  Yep, financial situations like that are very underrated.

Second,
Hun, are you really selling your legal services well if you offer a potential client your cell  number?

edited to add:  GBT, I'm hoping you could get a cheap chuckle outta this.

Quoted:
I will pray for you and your family, of course.

But the Lord may have already answered your prayers!

You know that I am an attorney whose practice is pretty much concentrated in bankruptcies and real estate.

There's never been a problem real estate transaction that I cannot get closed.

And there is no financial situation in which you may find yourself in which I cannot give you at least some guidance.

I will IM you my cell number, and you may give me a call at your convenience.

Eric The(AlwaysHelpful)Hun

Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:36:59 PM EDT
[#14]
GBT,
Prayers will be on the way to His Throne!

Give ETH a ring and he will do all he can for you. I know as he has helped me out in a very stressful and uncertain time.

If a brother could send a few bucks your way to help out just give us the word.

Financial problems are the worst for your family and health.

Remember the Alamo and God Bless Texas!

BigDozer66

Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:55:14 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

You know that I am an attorney whose practice is pretty much concentrated in bankruptcies and real estate.

And there is no financial situation in which you may find yourself in which I cannot give you at least some guidance.

You da man ETH !
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:12:48 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You da man ETH !

+1

Hang in there GodBlessTexas!

Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:15:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Prayers sent, GBT.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:24:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Prayers sent!
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:28:44 PM EDT
[#19]
My wife is a mortgage broker and used to be a loan officer.  Let me know if she can help.

Prayers sent.

Kirk
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:39:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Prayer sent in the Name of Christ The Only King.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:49:11 PM EDT
[#21]
I'll be praying for you tonight. I commend you for even posting this, as financial problems are still an area that even Christians won't share with each other. Even if one can't actually help out in any way but prayer, is having a whole lot of brothers praying for you such a bad thing? Hang tough-you'll get through this.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:57:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Prayers sent, man.  You will make it through this.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:40:14 PM EDT
[#23]
E.T.H., your a stand up man among a sea of man wanna be's in this world. My thanks for your willing to helping those in need.

S.O.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:49:51 PM EDT
[#24]
prayers sent
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:59:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Prayer sent. They say money can't buy happieness, but it can sure by you some relaxation and peace of mind. Good luck.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 9:38:58 AM EDT
[#26]
Thanks for the prayers guys.  I actually was able to destress a little last night, but it's back again today.  I still haven't heard a decision from the bank.  They say it's still at the underwriter's for approval.  I'll post when I hear anything.  But I know the Lord will provide.  The crappy thing about all of this is that I'll get the extra money I'm being charge refunded to me after closing since I've already paid it ahead for the year (escrow, homeowner dues, insurance, etc.), but in order to get the refund I have to pay it again now.

ETH, thank you for the offer.  I'll give you a ring in a little bit.

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 9:43:13 AM EDT
[#27]
I promise that I am not intentionally trying to be a dickhead.

But, aren't YOU the one making the choice to buy the house?

IIRC, you went unemployed for a while and finally got a job after another ARFCOM guy hooked you up. Why are you trying to increase your overhead after having gone through such a tough time where a bunch of guys came together and helped you out?

Again, I am not trying to be a jerk at all. I am sincerely asking the question in a straight-up fashion.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 1:18:34 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I promise that I am not intentionally trying to be a dickhead.

But, aren't YOU the one making the choice to buy the house?

Ben, you're two years behind.

IIRC, you went unemployed for a while and finally got a job after another ARFCOM guy hooked you up. Why are you trying to increase your overhead after having gone through such a tough time where a bunch of guys came together and helped you out?

Yes, Coz_45 did give me a job.  It was my second job at that company, making about half what the first one paid, but I needed a way to feed my family.  Then in January that company laid me off.  I went a few months looking for a job while doing some independent contracting and ended up getting a job in Dallas.  So, I spent a few months living with my friend up here and put my house in Houston up for lease while my wife and kids lived with her mother.  We had a tennant and a lease, so I went ahead and bought a house in DFW, only to have the tennant break the lease and leaving me high and dry.  I ended up remodeling the Houston house on the weekends using my own funds to get it ready to sell.  That, combined with the work I had already done to get it ready to lease plus having to cover my own moving expenses has left me pretty cash poor.

We found a buyer who was supposedly pre-approved, only to have their financer back out the day before closing at the first of July due to some issue that came up that they wouldn't talk to us about.  We tried to close again at the end of July, only to have their financing company stop funding again the day before closing.  They spent a little over a week trying to work it out when a little hurricane went through Florida, which happens to be where the financing company is located.  So, the buyer dropped that financing company and applied for a loan through another company.  And as of today, the purchase has been funded, we have officially closed, and the house is no longer mine!  Praise the Lord!  A huge burden has been lifted from my shoulder.

Again, I am not trying to be a jerk at all. I am sincerely asking the question in a straight-up fashion.

Ben, you are what you are.  What that is could be anyone's guess.    I don't mind you asking, but I generally choose not to let people get that involved in my personal life.

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 1:21:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Prayer sent.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 1:23:22 PM EDT
[#30]
PTL gbt
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 1:23:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Prayers sent.

I went through the agony of not being able to know if I would get approved for a loan for a cra that I needed (yes, needed; my other car nearly ble up) a few weeks ago.  I completely understand, and am praying like crazy for you.

The loan was approved and I ended up being able to get a car that exceeded my needs.  God DOES provide.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 1:24:44 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
E.T.H., your a stand up man among a sea of man wanna be's in this world. My thanks for your willing to helping those in need.

S.O.

DITTO
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 1:25:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Prayers sent.  Eric is the MAN!

God Bless Texas too.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 1:34:47 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

S.O.

DITTO

The Hun's a good man, like a lot of the fine folks here at AR15.com.  I just got off the phone with him to thank him for his help.  I'll be buying him a drink or three of his choice at the next Big Town show.

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 1:48:59 PM EDT
[#35]
EricTheHun. A true gentleman of honor. One that I look up to on this board.

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 2:14:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 2:16:14 PM EDT
[#37]
you're a nice guy, hun.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 2:49:55 PM EDT
[#38]
I tip my hat to you, ETH.  You're a good man.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 2:51:38 PM EDT
[#39]
GodBlessTexas,

That's great news!  I hope things continue to go your way.

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 2:56:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Well, looks like I was too late to pray for this request.

But I'm not too late to give thanks to our Redeemer.

I will do so.  Ain't God good?

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 7:56:53 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Amen.

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 8:55:51 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Yep.    I'm glad to hear the good news, GBT!  God 1, World 0.  

1Jo 1:5  This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 9:01:39 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Prayers sent.

I went through the agony of not being able to know if I would get approved for a loan for a cra that I needed (yes, needed; my other car nearly ble up) a few weeks ago.  I completely understand, and am praying like crazy for you.

The loan was approved and I ended up being able to get a car that exceeded my needs.  God DOES provide.

Ditto!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 6:58:19 AM EDT
[#44]
I am glad to read the great news GBT!

BigDozer66
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top