Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/1/2001 8:20:16 AM EDT
...Ohio shoot the end of June?  According to MapBlast it is 9 hours and change from my place in southern VA but I would have to drive through NORVA and DC to get there.  

I haven't taken any vacation yet this year and I rather enjoy road trips and camping.... add weaponery and I'm sooooo there! [:D]

Anyone interested?
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 8:38:14 AM EDT
[#1]
I am lonely.
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 8:50:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Why don't you tell us about this Ohio shoot?
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 8:54:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Sorry, but I am in Maui from the 20th through the 30th.  Woo Hoo!

Otherwise, I'd have considered it!  As the old saying goes, "Have Valmet, will travel".  At least that's how I say it!  
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 9:00:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 9:08:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Great timing Miss Magnum.. sarcasm off [:)]

I just bought a plane ticket the day before yesterday to fly out there for the weekend, but I could still be interested in driving ( it eliminates the airport/gun hassle). The ticket was only 140.00 and I can transfer it to something else.  You can email me at [email protected]
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 9:12:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Here ya go Rifleman2000

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=23237[/url]
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 9:14:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Sounds interesting...

I'll probably be at the closer shoot in PA.  Only around a 3 hour trip from the DC area.   Canton from DC is 7 hrs... yeow.
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 10:34:17 AM EDT
[#8]
7... you weenie!!  [:D]

Seven hours is nothing... I emailed Anti and he mentioned something about canoeing Friday so I may head up even earlier.  ::shrug::

101... you've got mail...
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 10:53:54 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm in Richmond, I'm interested.

Your into canoeing huh.... Have you been down the James?  Is it worth it or is it lame?
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 12:17:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Not a bad idea!
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 12:54:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Just between who's replied we'd already have a full car load!  Always room for more though... we'll arrange the details later.

I emailed Anti about whether or not they rent canoes at this campground.  If they do my plan would be to get there Thursday evening.

I normally have Thursdays and Fridays off anyway so it wouldn't be a big deal for me to take Saturday and Sunday off too.  That way we could travel Thursday, camp, canoe and BBQ Friday, camp, shoot Saturday, camp and drive back Sunday.

Free American,

I grew up canoeing in Northern Calif but haven't canoed in VA at all.  My neighbors go regularly but I have to stay home to watch the farms.  Itching to go though!!  [:D]

Link Posted: 6/1/2001 12:54:56 PM EDT
[#12]
My little Southern Belle, anything for you!
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 1:25:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 1:26:54 PM EDT
[#14]
I would, but we're in the yards right now, and they won't grant me any leave (even though I have 33 days on the books). [:\]
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 1:35:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Can we share a sleeping bag? [:D]
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 2:25:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

You might want to reconsider.  I bite.  Seriously.  [:D]

Waldo,

Thanks for the tip!  Ross.. make note.  You know how bad I am with directions.

ET3,

That sucks.. I know how it is.  I can't believe you haven't figured out what people to buddy up with in order to pull strings!!  Do you smoke?  Not encouraging it, but you would be amazed who you end up making friends with on the smoking deck....
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 3:01:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Miss Magnum,

Plenty of friends in all the right places. It's just that I'm on a Pre-Comm, and we have LOA, and Crew Cert and all that other happy crap comming up soon, so they want the whole crew to be here for that. I've been granted 4 days of leave just to drive my car back to Norfolk. I leave at 0730 the day after my duty day (cause they wouldn't let me leave then). And I have to be back before 0500 four days later due to Crew Cert. Life sucks on the IWO, and it aint gett'n any better.

BTW, I don't smoke anymore. Bad habit. But I find the chow line another good place to rub elbows. [;)]
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 6:15:35 PM EDT
[#18]
BTT in case anyone else wants to go...
Link Posted: 6/2/2001 5:23:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Thanks for the tip! Ross.. make note. You know how bad I am with directions.
View Quote

Relax! I haven't gotten us lost yet[:P]

Ross

Link Posted: 6/2/2001 5:54:26 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Miss Magnum:
Quoted:
View Quote

You might want to reconsider.  I bite.  Seriously.  [:D]

View Quote

That's fine with me. I like my women to be passionate.
Link Posted: 6/2/2001 5:56:09 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Miss Magnum:
 Do you smoke?  Not encouraging it, but you would be amazed who you end up making friends with on the smoking deck....
View Quote

I'll bring the pre-ban Marlboros. [;)]
Link Posted: 6/17/2001 9:13:43 PM EDT
[#22]

Did this habit of nipping your bed mates start before or after the diet? The human body has ways of telling you what it needs. Perhaps there's a protein deficiency going on?

Or perhaps you're related to Bella Lugosi. Who knows. Life is a mystery, if you time it right.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top