Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 8/26/2004 3:10:09 PM EDT
I have thought this situation over, and have decided to leave ARFCOM.   I am doing this out of respect for the moderators, as well as my fellow ARFCOMers.  You see, certain people follow me around the various threads of ARFCOM and post multiple messages that do not correlate to the titles of these threads.  I admit that I have done this as well, but what the extremes these guys are taking it to, are just plain ridiculous.  These people, with a complete lack of evidence to back them up, claim that I am a phony.  They even went so far as to make a thread entitled , "SF_CHRIS, YOU F***ING LIAR!"  In this thread, they basically challenged me to prove myself.  From the way I see it, they made up their minds before I even got there.

In the Bear Pit, I was asked to provide evidence, and ask questions.  I do not know what makes these people think that they are entitled to these answers and evidence, but I do know that they went about getting them in a very disrespectful way. Even though I had no real interest in proving myself, I figured that I would respond to certain people, so in my posts, I laid out what was my criteria for asking questions.  I think I did this in such a way that anyone with an average reading comprehension, could pick these up. For about a week, I responded to many people who met my criteria.  My criteria was as follows...  
1. Ask respectfully.
2. Ask privatetly.
3. Do not ask for information that could potentially put me, or my family in danger.
4. Do not ask for classified information.
5. Have a sufficient reason for asking in the first place.

Now, many people made "offers" for me to prove myself, but did not follow my criteria in doing so. I do not know if they weren't following this criteria or not, but they began to use my unwillingness to answer as evidence for their claims against me.  I think this is sort of humorous.  I mean, they start out making their claims with NO evidence at all, and then later use BAD evidence to back themselves up.  I don't know which is worse.

I think that anyone who looks at this objectively, will see that there is absolutely no evidence against me, and that the insults flung towards me were warranted by nothing.  I do admit that I should have kept my former position in the U.S. Army, to myself. Had I not been answering a question about posting pictures of myself, I would not have even mentioned that I was in 1st SFOD-D.  I admit that I should have responded to Hickboy in private.

Anyway, the behavior of these people who are harrassing me is selfish, immature, and very disruptive.  I feel that these disruptive people use me as an excuse to conduct themselves in the manor that they do. I think that this is a great site - one of the best on the net, no doubt.  So in order to keep things running smoothly, I must leave.  Before I go, I would like to say thank you  to those who have helped me over the months, and provided me with the information that I asked.  

Thank you, and farewell,  
                          SF_Chris
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:11:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Seeee yaaaaaa
Don't let the door hit ya where the Lord split Ya

Don't take it the wrong way buddy.  Farewell posts are funny.  Kinda a contradiction of terms.

And you'll be back....yooouuullll beeeee baaaccckkk.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:12:17 PM EDT
[#2]
bah bah, dont let the door hit ya' where the good lord split ya'
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:12:48 PM EDT
[#3]
holy crap, personal jinx!
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:13:00 PM EDT
[#4]
sorry to hear that Chris,  I wish you well.

Maybe take a few months off  and come back when things have died down a bit?

Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:13:11 PM EDT
[#5]
why do they always post that they're leaving?

Just leave already!

Nobody cares!
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:14:05 PM EDT
[#6]

Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:14:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:14:54 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
why do they always post that they're leaving?

Just leave already!

Nobody cares!

+1
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:15:15 PM EDT
[#9]
AMF airsofter

whiney litle bich ante he?
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:15:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Buh bye
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:16:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Ohhhh Kayyyy......
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:16:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Maybe they started calling you a liar because you claimed to be in 1st SFOD-D, then refused to answer a few simple questions to prove it. You claim to have nothing to prove, yet in several threads, you brought up your supposed 1st SFOD-D experience when it didn't even seem relevent.

Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:18:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Just re-register under a different screen name and continue posting.

Don't like pricks like us run you off
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:19:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Forum drama is fun!
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:20:00 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Just re-register under a different screen name and continue posting.

Don't like pricks like us run you off

Ohhm man...at first glance that looked like "Don't LICK pricks"  We sure could use a spellchecker
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:21:48 PM EDT
[#16]
IBTL
post whore
I like PIE
bye bye
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:22:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Jesus Christ on a broken pogo stick, just register a new user name and start over.  No one is going to know.  That's the beauty of the anonymity of the Internet.

People take this shit way too seriously... and that includes the rest of the posters here too.

Next time you can be CIA.  Or ATF.  That would be real fun.  

Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:23:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Who gives a fuck if you are or where a SF operator. The SF guys I know wouldn't blatently advertise it like you have in your posts and username. It's the kind of shit you keep to yourself.
If you are leaving, just go. This announcement leads me to believe you know nothing of covert actions, which further proves the unlikelyhood of your assertion to be a SF dude.

HS1
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:23:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Look at it this way. you now have a better understanding of who your friends are, and who your friends are not.  Valuable info for the future.

Bashing the US Military, and attacking members is never allowed at Lightfighter.com. you may find you fit in better there.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:23:41 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm curious why no one seems to have pointed this in the direction of SOCNET. They seem to be very effiecient at dealing with potential posers.

Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:24:18 PM EDT
[#21]
you know you'll be back....

(just sign up with a new account)
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:24:21 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Thank you, and farewell,  
                          SF_Chris

Na na na na, na na na na, hey hey hey, goodbye
He'll never love you, the way that I love you
'Cause if he did, no no, he wouldn't make you cry
He might be thrillin' baby but a-my love (my love, my love)
So dog-gone willin'
So kiss him (I wanna see you kiss him, wanna see you kiss him)
Go on and kiss him goodbye
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:24:32 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I'm curious why no one seems to have pointed this in the direction of SOCNET. They seem to be very effiecient at dealing with potential posers.

Cuz no one really cares enough..

I got a fever...and the only prescription is more Cowbell
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:25:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Na na na na, hey hey-hey, goodbye
Listen to me now
He's never near you to comfort and cheer you
When all those sad tears are fallin' baby from your eyes
He might be thrillin' baby but a-my love (my love, my love)
So dog-gone willin'
So kiss him (I wanna see you kiss him. I wanna see you kiss him)
Go on and kiss him goodbye
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:25:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Na-na na-na-na na na na na na na, hey hey hey, goodbye
Hey hey-hey, goodbye
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:27:00 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Maybe they started calling you a liar because you claimed to be in 1st SFOD-D, then refused to answer a few simple questions to prove it. You claim to have nothing to prove, yet in several threads, you brought up your supposed 1st SFOD-D experience when it didn't even seem relevent.

LINKS!  I want links!  
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:27:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Buh bye, poser.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:27:40 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Who gives a fuck if you are or where a SF operator. The SF guys I know wouldn't blatently advertise it like you have in your posts and username. It's the kind of shit you keep to yourself.
If you are leaving, just go. This announcement leads me to believe you know nothing of covert actions, which further proves the unlikelyhood of your assertion to be a SF dude.

HS1

Yeah, "Quiet Professional" I believe is one of their mottos. SF_Chris seems to have forgotten that. On both words.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:28:21 PM EDT
[#29]

Before we are done here, You'll all be wearin gold plated diapers.  
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:29:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:29:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Leaving a forum forever can be tough, I remember when I left this forum forever earlier this week after the womenfolk used one of my posts as sig line fodder. Oh those were dark days indeed. But I forged ahead, now I walk the streets of this boulevard called "the Internet*" a broken shattered man, yet proud, in a broken shattered way that only the proudest former posters ever can ever understand. Now I wake up every day on the sunny side of the street, fire a couple of figs & prunes in the Juiceman, and I'm just a regular guy! I don't think about AR15.com at all anymore! Why, I don't even turn the computer on anymore, I am truly free!

*"Internet" is a copywrited trademark of AlGoreWonForSure Industries, a Delaware Corporation

Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:31:32 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
I gotta fever and the only prescription is more cowbell!

hehehehe  Man that sure stuck didn't it.
Dolomite messing with out heads.
Babies your gonna be wearin gold plated diapers
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:32:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:34:43 PM EDT
[#34]
HEY GUYS, I'M STAYING, IS THAT COOL?
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:35:55 PM EDT
[#35]
I have a cat. Its a red tabby cat and her name is Burble. Really. I can prove it. I have to go now.

Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:39:24 PM EDT
[#36]
I have a feeling this thread didn't quite go how he had hoped.  
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:39:44 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

The questions asked were stupider than his claim.

If answering the questions "proves" anything - how does the person asking it know the answer - and why would anything so "secret" be answered on the INTERNET?

I have no doubt he's full of shit - but be reasonable!
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:39:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Why is there always a farewell post? I guess you want to see sympathy? Wrong room...try the pink pistols website..they'll believe you're agent orange.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:42:17 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
I have a cat. Its a red tabby cat and her name is Burble. Really. I can prove it. I have to go now.

Liar.  Post proof.

I'll be waiting for an IM, otherwise I'll be contacting Cats International.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:44:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Just curious...does SF stand for Spechul Forces?? Just curious.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:45:49 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Allegedly.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:47:43 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

I think it's special along the same lines as Toad's Special Weapons.  
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:48:17 PM EDT
[#43]
You know, if you want to be a good poser, you need to do your homework.  

At least Rrotz/Keli/Schtonk/SPR-etc took the time to post a phony DD-214 when he brings his pitiful self to troll here.  I would think that you would at least do something like that.

So, go ahead and find a new screen name.  However, this next time, try not to make your lies quite so audacious.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:48:48 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think it's special along the same lines as Toad's Special Weapons.  

In my best South Park voice
TIMMMAY!!
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:49:13 PM EDT
[#45]
links?
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:50:37 PM EDT
[#46]
Tagged like a Mo' fo....

I am in tears, I swear i never laughed this hard!  U guys are killin me!

Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:52:38 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Liar.  Post proof.

I'll be waiting for an IM, otherwise I'll be contacting Cats International.

In the other thread, he said it was orange.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 4:09:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Why do people seem to feel that their departure is going to be so hurtful and devastating to everyone that they have to announce it and show how big of a whiny-assed drama-queen they really are?

Link Posted: 8/26/2004 4:10:16 PM EDT
[#49]
WTF
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 4:14:48 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Why do people seem to feel that their departure is going to be so hurtful and devastating to everyone that they have to announce it and show how big of a whiny-assed drama-queen they really are?

+1
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top