Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2004 1:20:34 PM EDT
"Effective Sunday August 29th any hourly employee that
fails to clock in and out properly will be paid minimum wage for the day of
error."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think this would fall under a state law , I live in N.M. how would I find out?
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 1:21:41 PM EDT
[#1]
It's definately a motivator
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 1:24:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 1:37:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 1:44:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Okay so they want everyone to sign this form .. should I be able to tell them I will sign it but 1st I need to research this issue?
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 1:50:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I think that if someone can't seem to handle a time clock, I don't want them working for me.

I mean, come on!!  How about a little personal responsibility to earn a paycheck.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 2:10:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:19:32 PM EDT
[#7]
DOL.GOV
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:40:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Hell, the place I work at doesn't even have time clocks anymore. Everyone has to have a time sheet filled out denoting where/what/how long they worked. If you show up a couple minutes late, your team leader might  let it slide, but if you make a habit of it you can bet you'll be discussing the matter with the department supervisor before too long.

This is a place that employs 1500-2000 people, part of a major worldwide corporation. We are also saddled with the ISO 9002 bullshit so all is not peaches and cream either.

Don in Ohio
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:54:20 PM EDT
[#9]
I worked at a huge manufacturer in St. Louis county and employees clocking one another in and out was a horrible problem.

Employee "A" would clock employee "B" in so it wouldn't look like he/she was late. Or so that that employee could sleep off his/her hangover.

Problem was, even though you caught them RED HANDED the fucking union would always get them off the hook. A union person at this place practically had to kill someone on the job-I shit you not-to get fired.

We caught employees smoking dope and crack on the job, in the plant, and the union still got them off.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:11:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:20:14 PM EDT
[#11]
I don't think they aren't going to pay you your proper wage simply because you clocked in late or clocked out early. But maybe drop it to min. wage if you are there but forget to clock in and try to get it to show up as the original time or vice versa for leaving early. Maybe? I mean they can't dock your pay simply because you had a docs appt or family emergency or something and came in late or left early right?
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:26:08 PM EDT
[#12]
I punch a clock,
but they go buy my timesheet i fill out as to how many hours to pay me for. I have no idea why we have a time clock.  
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:26:40 PM EDT
[#13]

I've got a keycard. Don't scan it,  the door won't unlock
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:41:13 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I think that if someone can't seem to handle a time clock, I don't want them working for me.

I mean, come on!!  How about a little personal responsibility to earn a paycheck.

Roger that.  

And if you're going to be late - instead of earning min. wage for the day, burn a sick day at full wage.  Games work both ways.

+1
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top