Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2004 12:39:37 PM EDT
www.aftenposten.no/english/local/article826737.ece

Guy finds a viking pier, then gets billed for the fees to excavate it.  Now encouraging others not to report their finds to the government.

Other enjoyable headlines on their site too....
http://www.aftenposten.no/english/local/article824116.ece
and also
http://www.aftenposten.no/english/local/article824743.ece
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 12:42:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 12:46:35 PM EDT
[#2]
When I was a kid at our summer house in Denmark, we used to climb down the cliffs and snorkle off the rocky beach all summer.

One year, some kids who did the same about 300 YARDS south of where we snorkled, found an actual Viking trading ship with lots of cool stuff - including gold coins - on board .  Since it was on public land, nobody had to pay anything - but I remember everyone thought it was pretty lame that the government wouldn't let them keep at least one of the gold coins each or something.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 1:06:12 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
When I was a kid at our summer house in Denmark, we used to climb down the cliffs and snorkle off the rocky beach all summer.

One year, some kids who did the same about 300 YARDS south of where we snorkled, found an actual Viking trading ship with lots of cool stuff - including gold coins - on board .  Since it was on public land, nobody had to pay anything - but I remember everyone thought it was pretty lame that the government wouldn't let them keep at least one of the gold coins each or something.

"Gold coins, nope didn't see any gold coins; just a bunch of old junk.  There were gold coins there?  Cool."  
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 1:12:44 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

"Gold coins, nope didn't see any gold coins; just a bunch of old junk.  There were gold coins there?  Cool."  

Me be blind in one eye and can't see out me other one!

AHRRRRRRR!

BigDozer66
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top