Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/26/2004 12:26:33 PM EDT
Recently I've been talking about a light setup with Brightflashlights.  I received an email that a package had shipped from him even though I was undecided on teh rings to use NOR had I paid him.....  His response to my emails was this (colors added by me):

No, you haven't paid yet but I trust you and know that you wanted this before Sunday.  The breakdown is:

M73 = $155
G2 = $28
M2 s.i. bezel = $19
Z48 clicker t/c = $28

sub-total = $230.00

I sent the Weaver ring ($9 if you decide to keep it) so you'll at least have a temporary mount.  And, I sent it via Express Mail so you would definitely get it in time.  Due to my delays in replying I know I set you a back, would you consider it fair to split the s/h (which would equal $8.50) which came to $17?  The address I shipped to is:

xxxxxxxx
Please confirm if all this is acceptable.

Calvin

I for one think good feedback is not enough.  I think behavior like this merits not only repeat purchases, but I think we should hand out medals and ribbons to merchants who act like this....

So, I hereby declare Calvin to be the first recipient of the ARFKOM Merchant of Honor medal.

(We'll also give him three purple hearts.....  Hell, we ALL were in Cambodia for christmas, right?)
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 12:31:22 PM EDT
[#1]
That's nice and all - but is he part of the VPC's "Uzi Triangle" like Cav Arms?
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 12:31:37 PM EDT
[#2]

...even though I was undecided on teh rings to use...

So he shipped them off before you even decided to buy them?

Um... am I the only one who thinks this is wierd??
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 12:33:38 PM EDT
[#3]
That's great service!  

nice to see that some still care enough about customers to provide it!  

ETA: I have to say that I have had GREAT service from every single verndor I have ever dealth with through the EE or as a result of recommendations here form ar15.com
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 12:44:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I ordered a Vltor from Wes a few months back, drop shipped, THEY SENT ME A WHOLE CASE, ASSORTED. But It wouldn't be right to keep them so I sent them back. Any other time I would have kept them and shut up, but the vendors on this site are so good, I would not be able to live with myself if I did that. Wes thanked me for my integrity, I didn't know I had any
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 12:46:30 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
That's great service!  

ETA: I have to say that I have had GREAT service from every single verndor I have ever dealth with through the EE or as a result of recommendations here form ar15.com

Me too.
+1
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 12:55:39 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
That's great service!  

Me too.
+1

Ditto.

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 1:01:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Ordered a weapons bezel from him and it was here in 2days before he promised and 5 bucks less even with shipping that anyone else.

I will buy my next flashlight from this guy without hesitation.

Ohh and answered all my ?'s that day...about 5 emails...

+1
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 1:07:29 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I thought it was alittle odd to ship before buying.  A little anticipitory salesmanship
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 1:11:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Brightflashlights has done me good also.  

I dicked myself and he bent over backwards to help.  
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:11:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Implied consent.......................................an oldie but still a goody...................glad it worked out for both parties..........................
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 4:08:46 PM EDT
[#11]
I bought a C2 from him a few months ago. Great service, great price.

I was dead set on buying an M2, but he explained that I could get a C2 plus buy a shock-resistant bezel like the M2 has and still come in less than the price of an M2.

I reserve my highest honor:  w00t.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 5:47:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Just  FYI - He didn't ship me something I never wanted.  I told him the direction I was headed in re: light setup and left the rest at his discretion.

I was just amazed that he shipped it before I paid, not jus tto be nice, but cause I had mentioned that I needed it soon!!!
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:00:30 PM EDT
[#13]
I ordered from BrightFlashlights before... had similar experience... great service! Whenever I need anthing light related, my first stop is BrightFlashlighs!
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:04:28 PM EDT
[#14]
good deal
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:05:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:13:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Brightflashlights has also been great to me, on my last purchase of a yhm free float tube, I ordered the wrong screw in end cap, emailed them about swaping and they said that would be fine, the next day I mailed mine and then the next day I got theirs! Then I looked at the date and they had shipped the same day I did, without their return yet, just about the best service Ive ever had, great bunch of people.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 7:53:35 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 7:56:34 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 7:59:30 AM EDT
[#19]
Well, from a sales point of view, he said he "trusted" you.  You're an ARFCOM regular, so he probably wasn't worried about that as he pointed out.  Now, you were *thinking* about getting it, but by him sending it to you, chances are that you will buy everything that he sent you, even if it wasn't *exactly* what you wanted.  Good salesmanship.

My question is, if you decided NOT to buy it and sent it back, does he then turn around and resell those items as "new"?  
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 8:24:47 AM EDT
[#20]
I don't think we have ANY reason to suspect brightflashlights of ANY of what you suggest.

Those who know, know.  
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 8:31:48 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I don't think we have ANY reason to suspect brightflashlights of ANY of what you suggest.

Those who know, know.  

I wasn't suggesting anything bad at all.  I was in fact complementing him on his salesmanship.  He sent you the stuff without any strings attached.  I was merely pointing out that in such a situation, 90% of the time, the customer will be VERY pleased (as you obviously are) and buy everything he sent you, even if it included a part or two you didn't really intend on purchasing.  The reason could be that you just don't want to bother with sending that one or two pieces back, or that you are so impressed with the retailer, that you just buy it all.  Again, I'm complementing the retailer on his business methods.  

My one question wasn't meant to be accusational in ANY way, and I apologize if it came across that way.  I was just asking how he treated the items that were "sold" to someone (like in your case) if they were returned.  Does he resell them as "new" or is it something else?  That's all.  
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 8:38:27 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

um....nope. i'd be PISSED.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 8:59:32 AM EDT
[#23]
I just bought a Surefire light for my AR from him. Excellent service, great prices, and fast shipping. Highly recommended!
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 10:52:46 AM EDT
[#24]
jus tto clarify one MAJOR point.  He didn't charge me for anything, He said "since you're in a rush, take what you want and return the rest at my expense."  Turns out, as he and I expected, I wanted all of it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top