Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/26/2004 6:39:54 AM EDT
Trick or treat 2004:
'Pimp and Ho' kids
Provocative costumes for children spark outrage among some parents

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: August 25, 2004
11:00 p.m. Eastern

By Joe Kovacs
© 2004 WorldNetDaily.com

If you attend a Halloween event this year, don't be surprised if you run into a child dressed as a pimp or prostitute, as a California company is selling "Child Pimp & Ho Costumes."

Los Angeles-based Brands On Sale began selling the $40- $60 outfits for children last year, but the company says there wasn't much publicity originally.

Now, the items are a hot topic with word spreading on the Internet.

"I am completely appalled that people would expose children to this disgusting sin by selling or even buying these costumes. It just makes me sick," Heather Church of Haines City, Fla., tells WorldNetDaily. "It makes me sick because it is endorsing this sin as acceptable, and gives exposes innocent children to evil."

Some comments posted among online messageboards include:

"Yikes! I thought that was a joke at first."

"This world is a messed up place. What's next? Four-year-olds dressing like Playboy bunnies?"

"This means little considering how easy it is for kids now days to become desensitized to the vice of society after watching late-night TV."

"Not to be an old square, but that's just not right. Although, come to think of it, I definitely remember trick-or-treating with the Flanigan girls one year when they were dressed up as prostitutes. I was probably 10, which would make them 11 and 12. I can't remember what I was dressed up as that year. Probably a serial killer. I had one of those creepy, clear plastic masks that bank robbers wear. Ah, Halloween. It really is the work of the devil, isn't it?"

"I much prefer the costume featuring the butcher-knife-in-the-head look."

"Kinda gives new meaning to 'trick or treat.'"
In the face of the criticism, Brands On Sale costume creator Johnathon Weeks says "we're not telling everyone to buy them," admitting they're for "unique customers."

"If they want, they can purchase a devil costume, or a ghoul or ghost costume – I don't care," he tells WorldNetDaily. "But it does not promote prostitution or sexual exploitation. It's just a costume for kids to dress up and pretend."

Weeks says real pimps these days don't look like the colorful costumes he's selling.

"If you think about a real pimp, they're not in flamboyant suits. Kids don't even know that the word pimp means – regarding soliciting women for sex. They think being 'pimp' means having big, fancy cars and homes."

The dictionary defines "pimp" as a man who acts as an agent for prostitutes and lives off their earnings, while "ho" is a slang synonym for "whore."

But Weeks says television shows like MTV's "Pimp My Ride" and celebrities like Snoop Dogg have made the terms more mainstream and less offensive.

He points out parents, not children, need to approve of the costume purchases, since they have to submit their credit card information.

Even dogs can be pimped up

"The 'Ho' costume is just there for excitement," says Weeks, claiming it looks more like a 1920s-era flapper.

Though less than 500 of the pimp and ho costumes have been sold, 90 percent of them have been shipped to California, New York and Florida.

He says his company, which sells up to 100,000 costumes annually, looks to provide everyone with a chance to dress up.

"We have Jesus costumes, Moses costumes, and coming soon we'll offer the infant pimp."

store.yahoo.com/brandsonsale-store/51104-costumes.html
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:45:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:46:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:46:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:46:52 AM EDT
[#4]
mehh, I did it last year at Halloween. However, I was a ho without a pimp. I learned an important lesson, never cross-dress with people that are drinking. I took off my costume after 3 guys hit on me. 60 bucks? I did it with 20.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:47:05 AM EDT
[#5]
That's just wrong...

Pimp & Bitch theme parties were around when I was in college 15 years ago, but kids?  I think not.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:47:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Who's yo' daddy??
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:48:10 AM EDT
[#7]
No, and my kids wouldn't want to since they have morals due to the fact that their parents raised them and not the .gov(schools)

SGatr15
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:48:47 AM EDT
[#8]
And howcome they used a white kid for the pimp when everyone knows all pimps are black.

SGtar15
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:51:36 AM EDT
[#9]
OH, it may be important to add I was 19 last year. What happened to Ninja Turtles, Mickey Mouse, and even that God-awful Pokemon?
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:55:38 AM EDT
[#10]
How 'bout a JBT with an M4?
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:56:51 AM EDT
[#11]
So when the young girl dressed as a whore comes to my door and states:  "Trick or Treat!"  would it be wrong for me to ask "How much"?

SGtar15
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:59:07 AM EDT
[#12]
don't try to design Halloween costumes on crack!
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:01:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:02:39 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Does this mean whores are going to dress up like little girls?

sometimes they do!  
check out bunnyteens etc
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:51:17 AM EDT
[#15]
Don't forget one of these to make the pimp outfit complete

Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:52:33 AM EDT
[#16]
my kids always want to dress up like cops.

Link Posted: 8/26/2004 8:33:56 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
So when the young girl dressed as a whore comes to my door and states:  "Trick or Treat!"  would it be wrong for me to ask "How much"?

SGtar15

Sgtar...I've been here for awhile...but that is the funniest thing I have heard you say yet...
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 8:38:55 AM EDT
[#18]
I went as a kramer pimp one year , I won first prize in the contest too.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 8:45:58 AM EDT
[#19]
No but I might let my son go as the "Cowbell Man...Gene Frenkle"!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:11:01 AM EDT
[#20]
From my observations at the local mall the last time my wife dragged me there to shop for more unnecessary debris with which to clutter up our house, many parents are already allowing their young girls of no more than 12 or 13  to dress as full blown whores. If my daughter thinks she's EVER going out of the damn house with pants cut right down to the top of her cooter, her ass crack showing with her thong panties two inches above the waistline of her jeans and her tits hanging out, she can goddamn well think again.

What the fuck is wrong with these kids' parents? Too busy with Miffy and Buffy at the country club or trying to close the financing on the new Bimmer to realize your 12 year old is advertising that she can fuck? It's tragic what's going to happen to these girls. And I blame the parents. Plain and Simple.

SG

Link Posted: 8/26/2004 1:02:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 1:10:03 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

SGtar15

So then when the parents object to your comment can you then say;

"Get your pimp ass off my stoop and take your nasty ass Ho with ya!"
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 1:17:23 PM EDT
[#23]

Link Posted: 8/26/2004 1:20:59 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
From my observations at the local mall the last time my wife dragged me there to shop for more unnecessary debris with which to clutter up our house, many parents are already allowing their young girls of no more than 12 or 13  to dress as full blown whores. If my daughter thinks she's EVER going out of the damn house with pants cut right down to the top of her cooter, her ass crack showing with her thong panties two inches above the waistline of her jeans and her tits hanging out, she can goddamn well think again.

What the fuck is wrong with these kids' parents? Too busy with Miffy and Buffy at the country club or trying to close the financing on the new Bimmer to realize your 12 year old is advertising that she can fuck? It's tragic what's going to happen to these girls. And I blame the parents. Plain and Simple.

Are you trying to tell us you don't agree with it?

I think that is an affirmative!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 1:35:55 PM EDT
[#25]
NO...

But, I have seen some "kids" mostly females trick or treating in the past around here that should NOT have dressed the way they did! I am no prude, Heeldog40 will agree, and these kids were dressed INappropriately - BOOBS out, pushed up and in your face - skirts to the fur, bad bad bad !!!

Why????
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 1:49:22 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I took off my costume after 3 guys hit on me. 60 bucks? I did it with 20.

I had to re-read that.  I thought you meant they offered you $60 and you "did it" with 20!!!!  

CR
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 1:50:40 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I took off my costume after 3 guys hit on me. 60 bucks? I did it with 20.

I had to re-read that.  I thought you meant they offered you $60 and you "did it" with 20!!!!  

CR

Cheap asss HO!

Link Posted: 8/26/2004 2:17:20 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Trick or treat 2004:
'Pimp and Ho' kids
Provocative costumes for children spark outrage among some parents

I was expecting to see Kerry & Edwards costumes...
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 2:34:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Pimp 'N Ho Club Rubber style...

Link Posted: 8/26/2004 2:42:27 PM EDT
[#30]
I like the Brunette wearing yellow
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:20:26 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

SGtar15

Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:50:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Have you seen how people let their preteen girls dress?

It's disgusting, nothing like sexualizing a child.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:53:59 PM EDT
[#33]
I am abhorred(sp?) at this.
to show my outrage i will dress up as (s)Kerry and steal kids candy!
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 4:08:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 4:17:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Over sexualizing children... Great.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 4:24:09 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
I am abhorred(sp?) at this.
to show my outrage i will dress up as (s)Kerry and steal kids candy!

Im gonna go as Howard dean and scream "IYAAAAA" and then TAX  there candy.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:59:52 PM EDT
[#37]

Something about the "girl" on the left ain't right....
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 8:02:18 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
www.ocparty.com/images/clubpics/pimpnho9_1/16.jpg

Something about the "girl" on the left ain't right....

maybe its just the angle but it looks like she vaugly has chest hair?
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 8:05:53 PM EDT
[#39]
Hell, I'M going to dress up as a pimp!  
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 8:06:45 PM EDT
[#40]
I wouldnt have any problems with my kid dressing up as a "pimp"  but my daughter as a whore, I think not. Why should any one let a little girl dress like that is beyond me.

Then we are angry because so  many older pervs prey on little girls. Why in the hell does any one under 18 need to wear even high heels, and makeup I don't see why any one should in the first place.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 8:28:53 AM EDT
[#41]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top