Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2004 5:58:38 AM EDT
In case you boys missed it this morning. The team actually played better. Seems like the threat of elimination motivated them. Marbury alone took a big shit on Spain. After the game the spanish coach started bitching at Larry Brown and refused to shake his hand. What a little bitch. He was PMSing about the fact that the US called a time out when they clearly had the game won. (In olympic play you have to register a TO in advance. The US did this then a considerable amount of time passed and we pulled away then the TO was given. Not our fault.). The best part is that Spain was the #1 seed having gone undefeated and had to play us in the 1st round cuz we were seeded 4th. BTW, if you were to count up all the bad calls in the game it heavily favored spain.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:06:39 AM EDT
[#1]
I saw that.  The Spanish continue to prove that they are pussies.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:14:01 AM EDT
[#2]
He perdido todo respetar por España
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:14:40 AM EDT
[#3]
I saw it on Canadian Broadcasting....When Brown called a time out w/ ~30 sec remaining, (US up by, I believe 10 pts)  the  Canadian broadcaster said and I quote: "Why would Brown call that time out, the game is over he is just rubbing it in, and people wonder why they are called the ugly Americans"

I'm sorry but what an ASS!  With the 3 pt. shot so close the game AIN'T over 'till it's over....He made this comment right after he JUST got done saying, if Spain can hit a few quick 3 pts and the USA misses a few foul shouts they can still win......

I've never heard a broadcaster so one sided.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:18:03 AM EDT
[#4]
The workd hates us.

they may fear us, they may even respect us, but they will never love us. true when theodore Roosevelt said it, true now.

Fuck them all. I wish we could pull every American home, and not import or export anything for five years. be interesting to see who winds up sucking ass and who dominates.

PS, hey Europe, next time you get embroiled in a huge fricking war, you're on your own. I can't believe my grandfather died freeing you ungrateful fuckards. FUCK YOU
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:24:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Larry Brown called the T.O. to calm things down. Marbury had just committed a sloppy turnover. Also, Reggie Miller has single handedly come back from a defecit like that with less time left! so fuck spain. I'd love to see how this is playing in the european media. Anyone around from GB to let us know?
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:29:46 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Larry Brown called the T.O. to calm things down. Marbury had just committed a sloppy turnover. Also, Reggie Miller has single handedly come back from a defecit like that with less time left! so fuck spain. I'd love to see how this is playing in the european media. Anyone around from GB to let us know?

Exactly -  Basically this shows how LITTLE the announcer knows about Basketball....I mean this guy was a jackass!

Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:31:06 AM EDT
[#7]
No Mercy!
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:33:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Not to change the subject, but speaking of sportmanship, Greece acted all pissy about the last point our volleyball team score  in set 5. What a bunch of panzies. THEY LOST!!! Time to get over it!
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:47:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Spain is another France
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:53:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:56:55 AM EDT
[#11]
The once proud nation is a shadow of its former self.

Lo, how the Spanish have fallen.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:23:50 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Hace meses que perdi respeto por Espana.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:24:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:40:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 8:06:12 AM EDT
[#15]
they're in the semis against the winner of argentina and greece
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 8:14:42 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Fuck them all. I wish we could pull every American home, and not import or export anything for five years.  

Not to get off on a tangent, but have you seen the trade deficit lately???

If the U.S. didn't import anything, it would destroy the U.S. economy completely.  

The trade balance for the U.S. over the last 12 months was NEGATIVE 589.5 BILLION DOLLARS.  In other words, we imported about 600 billion dollars worth of good MORE than we exported.  

I guess you're not planning on importing OIL either  (one of our biggest imports)???   Have fun walking to work

be interesting to see who winds up sucking ass and who dominates.

I dunno - I'm not really too interested in who would dominate after the U.S. had self-destructed.  Perhaps China?  Maybe the European Union?  Who knows.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 8:43:53 AM EDT
[#17]
WTF?  Larry Brown is one of the all-time great NBA coaches.  HE gets a pass on calling a time out whenever the fuck he wants to call it.  Real sports fans know that.  

Fuck the rest of the world and their bullshit.    
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:05:39 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Yo no tenía ningún respecto por España.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:25:09 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
If the U.S. didn't import anything, it would destroy the U.S. economy completely.  

Actually, it would probably destroy almost all the world economies.

No suprise that other teams and fans are taking digs at the U.S.  Most people usually root for the underdogs.  We are the 1927 Yankees of these Olympic games.  
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:36:23 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 11:44:23 AM EDT
[#21]

USA basketball coach Larry Brown, left, is confronted by Spain's coach Mario Pesquera, right, at the conclusion of their quarterfinal game at the Olympic Indoor Hall during the 2004 Olympics in Athens, Greece on Thursday, Aug. 26, 2004. The USA won 102-94. (AP Photo/Dusan Vranic)

Note how Brown is laid back and trying to explain.  The Spaniard is all hyped up, but he is not leaning towards Brown in an aggresive manner because he is all talk.  That picture neatly illustrates a lot of the problems in our relations with the Europeans.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 12:23:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 12:26:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Countries all over the world know they can never beat the US in military, economic, or technological might. They cum in their pants when it comes to sports because this is the one and only arena that they still have a chance in some areas. Remember the soccer match against Mexico when the Mexicans were shouting anti American venom and orgasming over the Mexican victory?

It's funny though because the US has won the most gold medals so far.

The rest of the world, especially Europe can go fuck itself.

I can't believe my grandfather died freeing you ungrateful fuckards. FUCK YOU

This is a good statement and no doubt shared by millions.

Link Posted: 8/26/2004 12:42:35 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:PS, hey Europe, next time you get embroiled in a huge fricking war, you're on your own. I can't believe my grandfather died freeing you ungrateful fuckards. FUCK YOU

You forget that Spain didn't play last time?  And also, half of Europe wishes we hadn't come to play last time, remember?

Deutschland uber alles, jah?

edited to add:

By "play" I meant the last couple big wars, not bassetball.
We keep thinking that Europeans should be grateful, but Italy, Spain, Germany, Austria, Serbians, and some others were not pleased to see us enter the war.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 12:53:31 PM EDT
[#25]

I can't believe my grandfather died freeing you ungrateful fuckards. FUCK YOU

Me 2 - My grandfather died on 20, October 1943 on his 2nd bombing run w/ the
Mighty 8th - 331st Bombardment Squadron, 94th Bombardment Group....Very sad day for my Father, who never knew his Dad!...I'm w/ you, they can all FUCK OFF!

No to mention the 2 great Uncles that died, (My Mothers Side) 1 in the Pacific and 1 in Europe.

And they treat us like SHIT!

Link Posted: 8/26/2004 1:48:09 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:PS, hey Europe, next time you get embroiled in a huge fricking war, you're on your own. I can't believe my grandfather died freeing you ungrateful fuckards. FUCK YOU

You forget that Spain didn't play last time?  And also, half of Europe wishes we hadn't come to play last time, remember?

edited to add:

We keep thinking that Europeans should be grateful, but Italy, Spain, Germany, Austria, Serbians, and some others were not pleased to see us enter the war.

Had America not entered the war, those ingrate fucks wouldn't be alive today in the first place. More than anything, we brought an end to the free for all killing fest the civilized (as they'd like everyone to believe) Europeans were having. As for Spain being neutral in WWII, that is correct. However, something tells me Hitler wouldn't have honored their neutrality for very long had the US not stepped in and stopped him. Let us not forget that.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 1:50:34 PM EDT
[#27]
It's sad to see just how far the land of my ancestors has fallen...
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 2:09:05 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
<snip>

The trade balance for the U.S. over the last 12 months was NEGATIVE 589.5 BILLION DOLLARS.  In other words, we imported about 600 billion dollars worth of good MORE than we exported.  

I guess you're not planning on importing OIL either  (one of our biggest imports)???   Have fun walking to work

I dunno, Prof.  Might be good for us, as a country.  We'd be a lot more slim and trim.  Also, less oil = less (or just more expensive, therefore less) heating in the winter.  Less heating = more shivering, which also sheds pounds (OK, so maybe to the Nth degree).  Also, less heating = more staying warm the old fashioned way........  
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:09:06 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

edited to add:

{Bluto Voice}Over?, Did you say Over?! Nothing is over untill We say it is! Was It over when the germans bombed Pearl Harbor? NO! And it's not over now!"{/Bluto Voice}
"Germans?" "Forget it!, He's on a roll!

Tall Shadow
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top