Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/25/2004 11:22:49 PM EDT
www.washingtontimes.com/op-ed/20040825-085753-2062r.htm

excerpt:

I served as a combat surgeon in DaNang, (U.S. Naval Support Hospital) from Dec. 10, 1967, through Dec. 11, 1968. While there, I evaluated and treated hundreds of severely wounded combatants.

During my year in DaNang, a few combatants urged me to verify small abrasions as "wounds" so they could get a Purple Heart. Each freely admitted trying to acquire Purple Hearts as rapidly as possible to take advantage of the policy allowing those with three Purple Hearts to apply to leave Vietnam early. I refused them. But some went shopping for another opinion. Unfortunately, we had some antiwar physicians in Vietnam who were happy to become accomplices in these frauds. Most with valid Purple Hearts didn't need to apply to leave Vietnam: The seriousness of their wounds demanded it.

***end excerpt***

Calls for him to release all his medical records.  Basically calls Kerry a "miscreant" and questions Kerry's right to his purple hearts.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:16:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Purple Hearts are not supposed to be awarded for self-inflicted wounds, nor for wounds too minor to require treatment by a physician. So where and how did Lt. Kerry eventually obtain a Purple Heart for his first wound? Nobody seems to know.

Kerry's ship of state is sinking
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:37:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Kerry is getting pwned from all sides lately.. it's almost enough to make me feel sorry for him.

No..wait. It passed.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:44:58 AM EDT
[#3]
The ass clowns that will be voting for him don't care if the wounds are self-inflicted. They're all Oprah watchers who think he's ENTITLED to the Purple Heart just like they are ENTITLED to their welfare benefits.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 8:24:55 AM EDT
[#4]
I would love for Kerry to sign his 180 and release all his mil and medical records, and then have Fackler, a VN doc, analyse them.

Your mainstream media, of course, is totally in Kerry's camp, and unless Bush calls on him to release the records, he probably won't have to.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 8:27:42 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
The ass clowns that will be voting for him don't care if the wounds are self-inflicted. They're all Oprah watchers who think he's ENTITLED to the Purple Heart just like they are ENTITLED to their welfare benefits.

There are some on the margins who can be swayed, and they will be deciding the election.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 8:33:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Great article.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:40:43 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Word up, G.  Don't bother  them with any nasty facts- they've already made up their minds, and anything that discredits Kerry must be a right-wing conspiracy.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:56:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Sparky, unfortunately, is correct.  Even among those who analyze and not ignore the Kerry "facts"  don't seem to look at the simple contradiction.  They go off on either the "Swifties" details, or are angry about Kerry's stab-vets-in-the-back activities  (as they should be).  But, how about the simple question how Kerry can talk about his service and medals (however awarded)  and in his next paragraph justify his exaggeration in Senate testimony against the war.  How can one brag about his activities and condemn the theater of those activities?   Only hypocrites.  But, that's ok for him, I suppose.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:56:56 AM EDT
[#9]
The anti-war folks will actually applaud his actions.  They will think of him as a hero because of his ingenuity with coming up with a way of getting out and screwing the US military.  I just don't understand how ANY pro American person could vote for this scumbag.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 10:02:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Neither do a lot of people.  Still, there will be plenty of idiots that will vote for Kerry.  There were a lot of guys over there that didn't put in for Purple Hearts even though they could have.  They just didn't feel that their wounds warranted one.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top